US Prepares For Cruise Missile Attack on Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
    I disagree, we should have sent in special forces and actually done what needed to be done to get BL (he wasn't hard to find before we invaded) and that's all. Who gives a shit if the taliban controlled everything there. Same thing with who gives a shit if Iraq had chemical weapons. Neither country was worth a single one of our guys getting hurt or killed. We should have stayed the fuck out of that whole area. We will have accomplished absolutely nothing except get a bunch of our guys killed or brains scrambled once we pull out and everything returns to the way it was.
    Drone strikes are the way to go in that area. That way none of our guys get hurt.
    First, we did send in Special Forces to establish an indigenous force that did break the Taliban's back.

Second, we did hunt OBL to the corners of this country and back. Hell for years Jawbreaker was the primary mission and keeping the Taliban from establishing a second foot hold was secondary.

Third, no country is ever worth a single loss of American life. However we are fortunate enough to have men and women who knowingly and willingly join so they can help make the world a better place and Americans safer.

Fourth, we have actually accomplished a great thing here in Afghanistan. We gave them the space to build a government, an army, an air force, a police force, roads, community projects, wells with clean water, hospitals, advancements in agriculture, veterinary medicine, schools, schools for girls, and the list goes on and on.

Fifth, were do you think the target packages come from for the drones to hit? It takes an intelligence network that is so massive you could not begin to draw it out. It has taken 12 years of developing counter intel, human and signal intel, and a map of the human terrain. That is where the targets come from. You don't develop that without putting boots on the ground, visiting villages, enrolling people in biometrics and other databases, working with indigenous forces to build report, etc.

I get it, you have to stick to the talking points of your favorite news source. But read a book or two about this conflict. If you need suggestions I have over 3-4 dozen I could point you to. All of which I have read to go along with my 7 years experience here in afghanistan. And as much as a bitch and moan about this place, Americans have done good here. I have seen it, I have lived it, I have witnessed the return on our investment.
    Last edited by KBScobravert; 08-25-2013, 09:48 AM.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Regarding the OP, there is not an interest we can back 100% in Seria. But there is an interest in us killing people who think using chemical weapons is and killing indiscriminately is acceptable.

If it costs us a dozen plus of those 1.45million dollar cruise missiles I am for it right now.

We have never had a good side to go along with in Seria. Just like we are seeing in this fucking Egypt debacle. That was Obama's screw-up through and through. He won't make the same mistake in Seria. I hope not.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

But we shouldn't use Americans on the ground in Syria. As you know, nerve gas isn't fun and there's nothing saying our gear is rated for it. You know what I mean on that.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          First, we did send in Special Forces to establish an indigenous force that did break the Taliban's back.

Second, we did hunt OBL to the corners of this country and back. Hell for years Jawbreaker was the primary mission and keeping the Taliban from establishing a second foot hold was secondary.

Third, no country is ever worth a single loss of American life. However we are fortunate enough to have men and women who knowingly and willingly join so they can help make the world a better place and Americans safer.

Fourth, we have actually accomplished a great thing here in Afghanistan. We gave them the space to build a government, an army, an air force, a police force, roads, community projects, wells with clean water, hospitals, advancements in agriculture, veterinary medicine, schools, schools for girls, and the list goes on and on.

Fifth, were do you think the target packages come from for the drones to hit? It takes an intelligence network that is so massive you could not begin to draw it out. It has taken 12 years of developing counter intel, human and signal intel, and a map of the human terrain. That is where the targets come from. You don't develop that without putting boots on the ground, visiting villages, enrolling people in biometrics and other databases, working with indigenous forces to build report, etc.

I get it, you have to stick to the talking points of your favorite news source. But read a book or two about this conflict. If you need suggestions I have over 3-4 dozen I could point you to. All of which I have read to go along with my 7 years experience here in afghanistan. And as much as a bitch and moan about this place, Americans have done good here. I have seen it, I have lived it, I have witnessed the return on our investment.
          All that asshole hears is blah-blah-blah. For those who already know, damn well said.

And for you, Four-eyed Willie. I'm not mad at you for having an opinion that's different from mine. That's cool. But using PB's brother's heroic death as a talking point to justify your asinine opinions and to hurt somebody just because he disagrees with you qualifies you as a huge chickenshit. Fuck you. Go to Hell.
          Last edited by JP135; 08-25-2013, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
            You are quickly headed toward shitbag status. I asked before now I am telling you. You will not use my brother's death as a talking point. Cut the fucking cheap shots.

My brothers death saved the lives of his friends, and for that he will always be more of a man and patriot than you.

You are not capable of understanding the complex situation in Afghanistan. We will not pull out of that country without stabilizing the government. One day it will slide back into anarchy, but for now it will not be a terror training camp. By going in we broke the enemy supply lines, we dismantled their training network, we also took a shit ton of potential attackers out of the game. We have rendered them unable to launch large scale attacks on the US homeland.

I won't debate Iraq, I have mixed feelings on the subject.
            If we weren't there in the first place there would have been no need for him to protect his buddies would there? His personal actions I have no qualms with. The fact he was there and died for absolutely no reason THAT i have a problem with. Just like Frost he had his brains scrambled protecting a family that if we had not invaded would most likely not have needed protecting. Were his action honorable? yes Would they have been necessary if we had not invaded? No

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post

At least one news reporter found and interviewed OBL after the 911 attacks and he said it wasn't very hard. OBL didn't disappear until we launched a full scale invasion. Your telling me that a seal team couldn't have done the same thing if that's what the POTUS wanted?
              And you've said yourself that everything that you listed will be history within a year of us pulling out. Does that sound like accomplishing something? It doesn't to me...

Comment

Originally posted by jp135 View Post
                all that asshole hears is blah-blah-blah. For those who already know, damn well said.

And for you, four-eyed willie. I'm not mad at you for having an opinion that's different from mine. That's cool. But using pb's brother's heroic death as a talking point to justify your asinine opinions and to hurt somebody just because he disagrees with you qualifies you as a huge chickenshit. Fuck you. Go to hell.
                u mad bro??

Comment

If we weren't there in the first place there would have been no need for him to protect his buddies would there? His personal actions I have no qualms with. The fact he was there and died for absolutely no reason THAT i have a problem with. Just like Frost he had his brains scrambled protecting a family that if we had not invaded would most likely not have needed protecting. Were his action honorable? yes Would they have been necessary if we had not invaded? No

What the fuck is wrong with you? You're seriously going to sit there and get into this mans shit about his brother dying? I've seen some trashy shit on this site through the years, but you're really lowering the bar, douchebag.

Comment

If liberals like 4eyedwillies had their way, We would never have fought either WW's. We might have killed some innocents and made people upset around the world. Peace and Love for all!

Comment

And we'd be speaking German, or dead...most likely dead.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        What the fuck is wrong with you? You're seriously going to sit there and get into this mans shit about his brother dying? I've seen some trashy shit on this site through the years, but you're really lowering the bar, douchebag.
                        I'm trying to get him to see the big picture. His brother didn't have to die. If we hadn't invaded he would still be alive. He would not have had to protect his brothers with his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          If liberals like 4eyedwillies had their way, We would never have fought either WW's. We might have killed some innocents and made people upset around the world. Peace and Love for all!
                          Yeah like Iraq and Afghanistan are even remotely the same thing as World War 2. What ever you have to say to make yourself feel better about your life.

Comment

You liberals treat every war the same like we are occupiers and have some sort of ulterior motive to "invade" countries so to speak. Read some books and learn you something about History. You sure as shit don't know anything. One of our goals as a military is to spread Democracy and try to liberate countries. Unfortunately people like you have ruined the term, "Liberate."

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              You liberals treat every war the same like we are occupiers and have some sort of ulterior motive to "invade" countries so to speak. Read some books and learn you something about History. You sure as shit don't know anything. One of our goals as a military is to spread Democracy and try to liberate countries. Unfortunately people like you have ruined the term, "Liberate."
                              Really? Did I miss something? I'm pretty sure we ARE the occupiers in both of the little hurrah's we're in right now. World War 2 we were attacked by another country and we defended ourselves and kicked their ass in the process. Which country invaded us this time? Since there wasn't a single Iraqi or Afgan in the bunch I'm confused. There where Saudis tho and Egyptians.

Comment

Really? Did I miss something? I'm pretty sure we ARE the occupiers in both of the little hurrah's we're in right now. World War 2 we were attacked by another country and we defended ourselves and kicked their ass in the process. Which country invaded us this time? Since there wasn't a single Iraqi or Afgan in the bunch I'm confused. There where Saudis tho and Egyptians.
                                Occupiers? Really, we are dictators beating and killing people and taking over their country? Ok, got it. You really are a fucking idiot. Keep posting to confirm.

Comment

Working...
                                X