Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Switchblade" law repealed... What to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about getting one of these when they get some in stock because they looking motherfucking awesome.

The Piranha Amazon is an awesome automatic knife. This knife has hard-hitting action, so you'll need to hold on tight! The 6061-T6 aluminum handles have grip grooves and a polished steel pocket clip. The 154-CM stainless steel blade has a great profile and masterfully integrated holes below the spine.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
      Thinking about getting one of these when they get some in stock because they looking motherfucking awesome.

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Piranha-Amazon-Black--9
      That's not a bad deal nor a bad looking auto. Just wonder about the quality/durability of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        So anyone else picked up an automatic knife?? Still look for a Spyderco Cithadel and just signed up on Bladeforums.com where I've seen some for sale.

Shit sorry I missed this bro. I have a cousin living in Richfield that I visited last October. Got a chance to check out the Mall and a bunch of sights around there. Never realized there grew apples up there either.
        I replaced my M&P and got a second for my wife. Great knives. One straight and one partial serrated.

Comment

So I've been looking around for a Spyderco Citadel Auto for a while now but didn't get serious until this past month now. So I finally came across one and it wasn't exactly cheap considering what they were going for when they got discountinued (around $130 I think) but I picked up one BNIB for $200.

I found some used in very good condition for a little cheaper but they kept getting sold before I could contact the buyer. Even found one in Texas for $170 but he didn't have the box and didn't want to go down on the price because of that.

That being said, the mods over on Blade Forums are pretty touchy about their rules and I had to pay for a membership just to be able to respond on their classifieds. And I wound up finding the knife on a different message board. Go figure. I'll probably stick around over there just to do some reading but will probably do my buying and selling elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            As cool as they are, they're kind of just a novelty. Any amount of side loading will make them come off track. Even knowing that I do kind of still want one.

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            Harrison, what all did you have to do to when you sent it in?
            Sorry I missed this!
            I had to fill out a form or two. Basically I had to tell them I was active army or at least in the reserves. I called up and they said that there is no way for them to check it, so I just filled out the paper work. It was when I was still in the IRR, which made me feel a little better about lying.

I also showed up at the post office with it already packaged.
            Honestly an easy gig. The forms are located on their website.
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Piranha-Amazon-Black--9
              Thanks for this . Just ordered one now after 30 minutes of looking for a citadel.

Comment

One day I'm getting a Benchmade infidel.

But for now I'm happy with my new Stryker II. *manual*
                My little collection is slowly growing.

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                  As cool as they are, they're kind of just a novelty. Any amount of side loading will make them come off track. Even knowing that I do kind of still want one.
                  Agreed, this may be just a novelty item for me as I've never had one nor have a need to open a blade up one handed/assisted. Certainly looks tough whipping one out like that though but I would probably prefer a nice Emerson knife with a Wave function. Just never had an auto before and since they became legal, the Citadel was what I wanted but still couldn't have because fucking Spyderco discontinue them!

Spyderco Paramilitary 2 is next on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                    One day I'm getting a Benchmade infidel.

But for now I'm happy with my new Stryker II. *manual*
                    My little collection is slowly growing.
                    Notice my post about the infidel above if you missed it.
                    I just dont want anyone getting their hopes up and then being dissappointed with a $400 letter opener. I get the cool factor though.
                    Check out the infidel mini. 3550
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Here's my benchmade 5000.
                      I hated the feel of the factory finish so right before deployment i fogged it tan. It smoothed it out just like I wanted.
                      Fast forward a few years and we had a sandblaster at work and I was tired of the chipping paint. I took the skins off and blasted them. It literally took my 6 hours to get the knife back together all while fighting that fucking spring.

I think the bare aluminum looks bad ass.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Yea, looks much better in bare aluminum.

Comment

Notice my post about the infidel above if you missed it.
                          I just dont want anyone getting their hopes up and then being dissappointed with a $400 letter opener. I get the cool factor though.
                          Check out the infidel mini. 3550
                          The mini is what I was looking at.
                          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Here's my benchmade 5000.
                            I hated the feel of the factory finish so right before deployment i fogged it tan. It smoothed it out just like I wanted.
                            Fast forward a few years and we had a sandblaster at work and I was tired of the chipping paint. I took the skins off and blasted them. It literally took my 6 hours to get the knife back together all while fighting that fucking spring.

I think the bare aluminum looks bad ass.

I think the bare aluminum looks bad ass and came out nice. I can only imagine how tough it was putting that thing back together again.

OK so I'm really digging auto's now and maybe it's more than a novelty. So if I get another one, I think I'm leaning towards this Benchmade Adamas 2750 Auto with sand colored handles, black blade half serrated model 2750SBKSN. From some of the videos and reviews I've read, it's one heavy duty auto.

Comment

Ok I am going to be the safety guy and bitch about switch blades for a minute. Just remember fellas, these bastard will randomly open in your jacket pocket, not only ripping out your pocket but slicing you in the side also. If handed to one of your "lowest common denominator " friends, there is a good chance it will go through their hand, watch , wrist or other pliable object in range. They are cool though, but dangerous. I watched a guy recently pop one open and bust the shit out of his watch. We all laughed pretty damn hard but there is some liability with these.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                                Ok I am going to be the safety guy and bitch about switch blades for a minute. Just remember fellas, these bastard will randomly open in your jacket pocket, not only ripping out your pocket but slicing you in the side also. If handed to one of your "lowest common denominator " friends, there is a good chance it will go through their hand, watch , wrist or other pliable object in range. They are cool though, but dangerous. I watched a guy recently pop one open and bust the shit out of his watch. We all laughed pretty damn hard but there is some liability with these.
                                And? We shouldn't pander to the l.c.d. anyways. Fuck them, let darwin take them out.
                                I imagine I'll be buying one this week. Trying to find one that matches my budget, but doesn't accidentally open when stared at for too long.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X