PS4 vs. XBOX One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinger View Post
    I like the fact that with PS4 you pay (i think 49.99/year) for PS PLus. This grants you the online play plus every month they give you free games and big discounts. Last month Dues Ex Man kind was free. normally60 bucks. Games are free to play as long as you have the subscription.

Never owned an XBOX though.
    Xbox has the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      It probably comes down to personal preference in the end. but here is a list of both systems free game line up and the cost difference. http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Pl...old_Comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        PC gaming is superior.
        Thanks grandpa.

Comment

I had XBOX for years, blew up 3 of them including an Elite, so it soured me a bit. Switched to PS4 for a year or two, it was fine, but in the end I went back to XBOX. I think mainly because I was use to the platform and of course a new Gears of War came out. I lost probably 50 of my friends while I was gone. At the time I had satellite internet so no big deal, I couldn't play with my friends anyways.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Raise your kids right. Don't let them be console fags.

Jam a fucking computer in their face and give them the desire to enter the technical field.

If it wasn't for game modding in the late 90's, I can only imagine what corners I'd be forced to work.
            sigpic

Comment

While I prefer the "openness" of PCs, the fact that you don't have to keep chasing the next best component to play the games you like/want to,makes consoles my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                Raise your kids right. Don't let them be console fags.

Jam a fucking computer in their face and give them the desire to enter the technical field.

If it wasn't for game modding in the late 90's, I can only imagine what corners I'd be forced to work.
                The console is for me, I don't have kids. I do agree though that if I did have a kid I wouldn't have him playing video games all the time.

Thanks for the advice guys. I asked cause it's been a longtime since I've had a console. Used to have a PS3 but didn't play it as much as I did when I first bought it. I do remember the PS3 Network being free when it first came out. Then it got hacked to shit.

I did play around with an XBOX one this morning at my cousins house. I'm going to go that route.
                I'm more interested in some of the driving games and a few of the Call of Duty's. Forza 7 looks cool. I played Madden and damn it's nothing what I used to play 5 years ago.

In theory buy an XBOX, a couple of games, A TV and take my current one and have it in my bedroom. Then if I have enough then maybe a steering wheel. I'd like to keep all of this under $500. I could go over if I wanted to, but I don't.
                Last edited by pHILSANITY07; 02-04-2018, 04:08 PM.
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  While I prefer the "openness" of PCs, the fact that you don't have to keep chasing the next best component to play the games you like/want to,makes consoles my preference.
                  how much would it cost in terms of the equipment to make a gaming PC?
                  Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                  Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                    how much would it cost in terms of the equipment to make a gaming PC?
                    It all depends on the level of performance in game you expect. It can be fairly reasonable to Hory Sheet expensive, especially with ram and gpu prices right now.

Comment

I'm sure this could be debated, but at the end of the debate Microsoft would lose, in regards to this:

They've demonstrated many, many times that they seem to, oddly enough, hate their customers. Its doubtful Sony has done that even close to the extent that microsoft has done it. They've basically admitted it. They'll sling insults, call your computer a POS, whatever. (see windows POS edition). They'll spy with enthusiasm. They are pretty anti consumer, and have gladly admitted this in the past. They threw a temper tantrum when people boycotted the xbox one because it was going to have to have the kinect powered on and looking at you anytime the xbox was on.

That kind of behavior isn't someone I want to give any money to. If it wasn't for one thing, I wouldn't own any microsoft products. PC gaming. And I look forward to the day when they fully lose that advantage. So while I'm sure sony is far from perfect, they sure has hell haven't behaved like Micro$oft. I vote PS4.
                      WH

Comment

Mother fucker, he's asking what machine to game on, not which one makes the better political/moral statement.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh and the people are correct that PC gaming is far superior. Only problem with it today are the asshole miners sucking up every video card that isn't nailed down. The RX580 that I paid $269 for is now going for $500+ on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            Mother fucker, he's asking what machine to game on, not which one makes the better political/moral statement.
                            I about spit out my coke with that. thanks
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Are you poor? Just fucking buy both.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                I'm sure this could be debated, but at the end of the debate Microsoft would lose, in regards to this:

They've demonstrated many, many times that they seem to, oddly enough, hate their customers. Its doubtful Sony has done that even close to the extent that microsoft has done it. They've basically admitted it. They'll sling insults, call your computer a POS, whatever. (see windows POS edition). They'll spy with enthusiasm. They are pretty anti consumer, and have gladly admitted this in the past. They threw a temper tantrum when people boycotted the xbox one because it was going to have to have the kinect powered on and looking at you anytime the xbox was on.

That kind of behavior isn't someone I want to give any money to. If it wasn't for one thing, I wouldn't own any microsoft products. PC gaming. And I look forward to the day when they fully lose that advantage. So while I'm sure sony is far from perfect, they sure has hell haven't behaved like Micro$oft. I vote PS4.
                                Yeah.. But Sony installed fucking rootkits on everyone's DVD players too. So there's that.

WRX

Comment

Working...
                                X