Do me a solid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So here's some really big news.
    Finally got the CNC b17 kits worked out, and we feel like we are about one more prototype cut away from production ready. Just in time too, an extremely popular youtube show (828,841 subscribers) is interested in doing an episode with us where we fly 10 bombers in formation. It's going to cost me a bit to build and power all the models, but I think it will be worth it. If I capture just a small percent of their suscribers it will bump me back up into youtube partnership. Also I think we can sell some kits to their audience.
    Things are looking real god right now. And I'm finally going to see the dream that started this come true. 10 large scale B-17 bombers flying tight formation in real life! we are planning a mod for the kit later to add a bomb bay so we can carpet bomb the field. lol man this is cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      So here's some really big news.
      Finally got the CNC b17 kits worked out, and we feel like we are about one more prototype cut away from production ready. Just in time too, an extremely popular youtube show (828,841 subscribers) is interested in doing an episode with us where we fly 10 bombers in formation. It's going to cost me a bit to build and power all the models, but I think it will be worth it. If I capture just a small percent of their suscribers it will bump me back up into youtube partnership. Also I think we can sell some kits to their audience.
      Things are looking real god right now. And I'm finally going to see the dream that started this come true. 10 large scale B-17 bombers flying tight formation in real life! we are planning a mod for the kit later to add a bomb bay so we can carpet bomb the field. lol man this is cool.
      That's really awesome man!

Comment

• Thanks man.
        It's starting to sink in as to what I've just committed to. I'm looking and near a grand in just motors and esc's! Then there are batteries, servos, and the foam it self. Good thing I got a $1,000 bonus check this month. lol
        On a positive, I'm pretty sure I can file this on my taxes.

Comment

• Good luck with it.

Comment

• As a fellow rc pilot I’d be happy to be pay for one and fly it. I can assemlble it all myself too. You should host an assembly party once they are cut. If you can tell me the motor specs, escs, servos and batteries I will get busy procuring what I need.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonys View Post
              as a fellow rc pilot i’d be happy to be pay for one and fly it. I can assemlble it all myself too. You should host an assembly party once they are cut. If you can tell me the motor specs, escs, servos and batteries i will get busy procuring what i need.
              pm me.

Comment

• What an amazing weekend for rc! the weather was perfect, the wind played well, and I didn't have to work. Friday night I stayed up till 3am charging batteries and tinkering with planes, so I was a little late to the field Saturday. But that was okay because it was even nicer weather when I got there at 11. We took the Rocket Cuda' up on the school bus, and everything went as planned until half way through the burn I realized that the elevons where unable to overcome the forces being applied to them at speed. I was full back on the stick and was sinking slowly toward the ground. At roughly 140mph the plane met the earth with the rocket still accelerating. There was a satisfying bang, massive debris field. it was amazing!! Lot even mad, this was going to be it's last flight anyway because we are moving on to the real airplanes from Laines planes that he donated to the project.
                We flew the prototype for my B-17 kit a few times, and even let a novice pilot fly it. he did quite well until on his 3rd flight when he attempted his first ever landing. he ended up tipping in and destroyed the plane. No big loss we where done with that one anyway.
                Then Sunday we built a new B-17 (pretty close to the final version) and flew it in my backyard. It flies SO GOOD! and was super easy to build. I think we have a winner.
                Now I have a week of editing ahead of me. I figure I've got about 3 episodes worth of content.

here's some pics
                this is the only picture we have from Sunday's flight. it was fairly windy so we had to stay high. this thing just looks right up there. can't wait to see ten of them!

here's a before and after of the rocket Cuda' we lost Saturday.

and just for fun, here's a picture from earlier in the project when we where doing ground launches checking thrust angles and stuff.
                I love this pic.

Thanks for all the input you all have given me.

Comment

• some screen caps from today. Man these bomber fly friggen good.
                  We put the second one together last night, and I'm staring at 4 more kits right now ready to go together. this looks like it's really ging to happen.

Comment

• Very cool.

Comment

• I ordered 8 more motors and esc's yesterday, and also I've been digging trough my parts boxes and found enough gear to get 3 more in the air. looks like this isn't going to cost as much as I thought.

Comment

• This video was a huge pain to produce. The guy with the nitro plane in the background was fruitlessly trying to tune his engine all day. that damn thing was loud. finally got it fixed enough to put something out. I hope you enjoy.

Comment

This video was a huge pain to produce. The guy with the nitro plane in the background was fruitlessly trying to tune his engine all day. that damn thing was loud. finally got it fixed enough to put something out. I hope you enjoy.
                          I lol’d at that crash. I guess you have to fly RC to really appreciate that. I’m glad you’ve gotten to the shrug it off point. I recently flew my parkzone p47 inverted between myself and the sun late in the day and it thumped in pretty hard. It will fly again though. I do really crazy things in foamies I won’t do with balsa planes.

On another note the school bus isn’t too far from a B24 Liberator if you want to build other 4 engine bombers.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            I lol’d at that crash. I guess you have to fly RC to really appreciate that. I’m glad you’ve gotten to the shrug it off point. I recently flew my parkzone p47 inverted between myself and the sun late in the day and it thumped in pretty hard. It will fly again though. I do really crazy things in foamies I won’t do with balsa planes.

On another note the school bus isn’t too far from a B24 Liberator if you want to build other 4 engine bombers.
                            My problem is I will fly the balsa stuff like I do the foamies. That's why I sold my $1100 Beast. lol

I've been shrugging off crashes since my first flight. Only time I get mad at a crash is when there's no video.

Comment

• here's my newest one.

Comment

here's my newest one.

Classic tip stall. Hard to build in washout using foam board. Maybe us a carbon spar and glue a few degrees twist in board to spar?

Comment

Working...
                                X