Lets try this again...........M715

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
    awesome ride! Fix the caddy, sounds cheaper and easier at this point.
    If I don't have to move the engine because of the hydroboost module that may be a consideration.

I also have to consider the chunk vs oil pans.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      I was thinking maybe a 6.0.
      Ls1, LQ9 (?). Potato, patato.

Lol. A 6.0 might work or if you can get your hands on a 6.2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Almost two inches narrower in every direction. I would not need a stand alone for the tranny either. I am not sure how they were cooling the caddy. The pulleys are right up close to the radiator. Maybe a pusher. It does have a huge aluminum radiator.

Apparently the hydro will run upside down just fine! I just looked it up.
        Last edited by kingjason; 12-02-2016, 06:47 PM.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Nice looking ride Jason! I dig it!

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Hmmm, Highway driving. 2500 RPM at 60 mph. LOL

Thought about one of those gearvendors things? Might be able to put you at 2000rpm at 70mph.

And I know this is probably out of the question but: What about a junkyard 7.3L, or a newer scorpion?
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              Thought about one of those gearvendors things? Might be able to put you at 2000rpm at 70mph.

And I know this is probably out of the question but: What about a junkyard 7.3L, or a newer scorpion?
              The gear-vendor is 3500 and I would probably pass on adding more things to the drive-line and any more length to the 4L80e and the 205/203 doubler, they are already long enough. Good thing about rocks though is the driveshaft mounts on top of the axle for better angles.

People want top dollar for a good running 7.3 turbo plus linking it up to the tranny and they are not small either. My best options are 6.0 pull out with harness, rebuild the ole Caddy, or the 4bt/6bt and regear the axles. 55-60 on the highway wouldn't be a terrible speed for this behemoth anyways. 75 would probably scare the shit out of fast lane campers though.

Although with pinion brakes and 4 wheels discs it should stop fairly well if I really needed to. Just have to stab both the brake pedals. Hell the four wheel discs are huge and the pinions are just a bonus but not good for continuous highway use. 6 to 1 on the pinions will throw you though the windshield.

Good chance that rear steering rock with detroit and brakes is coming out for a solid rear and a ARB locker. Could fund my new engine. The front costs about 1500, brakes 1000 at least, and detroit for 900.00. New rear is about 300.00, and disc from Hawaii were in the 600.00 range although drum rear would hurt either on this thing. Just saves 160 lbs to swap them out. I also have the rear steer electric hydraulic setup to make it function that would go.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

It's a shame this thing sat up so long, it has a decent rocker set up on it, had a nice cam, new Avenger and Jacobs ignition. I bet it was fairly well built.

Working on a set up I could slap on for highway driving. I think this will work, and then hang the hydraulic pump set up under the bed, and build two pins into bottom of the bed to hold it with clips depending on where I was at and what I was doing I could just pull the pins and swap them out. I would hard bolt the tractor piece and then the pins just slide in and out of the ram but are solid. Those tractor ends drop into the set up perfectly.

Went a different direction for entry. 19 bucks and they work perfect.

The tiny Jeep needed some seats as the Sahara drivers had seen better days!

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Sooo, with my new low internet time rule, my project time has increased a lot. However, when I moved in and reclaimed the garage, I just kind of piled stuff in. A small garage remodel and paint is very much in order. First I had to think about where the most useless space was. I figured the front of the garage since really you can't park in front or behind the cars easily with the motorcycle. This needed to be done before I move on to the monster. Plus the M715 got moved to the yard when the Caddy joined the family.

The Start.

The wife and I have a running agreement that she is allowed a spot in the garage! And the poor yard art. I really need a canon for the other side of the yard. My neighbors may get a little nervous.

Last edited by kingjason; 01-07-2017, 12:15 AM.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

After realizing I was using at least two to three foot of my workbench for storage, I decided I could trim it down two feet. Ended up with a lot of room over all and I cleared some room back in the driveway for the monster. I think I am going to paint the garage black on the bottom, run a chrome strip in the middle and a light gray on top. I may get a rolling 48 inch tool box /work bench eventually. It was to cold to paint today.

I ran out of time but realized from the pop noise, I shattered one of my TJ KC lights trying to push the ole beast back on the driveway. Meh, I will push it back on tomorrow. Hard to believe the TJ has 35's on it.

Last edited by kingjason; 01-07-2017, 12:17 AM.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Soooo Sergio called me today and wanted my Caddy 500, TH400 and what ever else I wanted to give him. A few hours later and walla!

I was going to paint and decorate the garage today. It is coming along nicely though.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

What an ass whipping! I am ready to get back to work on the beast now. Eventually I will do the floor.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Low internet time? Garage and the truck are looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                            Low internet time? Garage and the truck are looking good.
                            Yeah, about an hour day during useful hours. Internet is a complete waste of time. I do my shit during the day, hang with the wife a bit in the evenings then go to the gym at night. Now if I am watching movies at night I might browse a while.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Getting closer. Met a guy at Redneck with Paychecks to pick up my 100k LQ4. Taking some measurements on the tranny and T case, looking for some mounts. I need to clean up the engine compartment before I start slapping things in. He forgot my harness but it will be three wire hook up, 4L80e ready and have a gas pedal and covers. He has a company out of Kansas that sells street rod or whatever swaps. His wife called him halfway down and was like "Did you mean to leave this box on the counter". He doesn't clean them up on purpose so you can see how they were pulled. I swapped the 05 450x for it I got in trade a few weeks ago. Pretty square deal I think.

Holy crap there were some giant trucks out there. Made my truck look like a toy.
                              Last edited by kingjason; 03-10-2017, 02:43 AM.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Nice work on the garage. I've been wanting to do something similar plus s floor coating.

Comment

Working...
                                X