when it rains, it pours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chronical View Post
    Are home warranties worth it? I have one and always have. For $1000 a year, the peace of mind is nice. Just curious if you have one or not and if you don't, how come. And if you do, did they not cover it?
    1000? that's damn high. I paid 495 when I had one. I feel naked without one too. It saved us last year with our AC.

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    My wife is pregnant. There. I said it.

Congrats!

Wrong SVO, but I appreciate the thoughts!
    The other SVO is ruining the SVO name.

Comment

Don: Congrats!

DJ: Rub some dirt on it and get back in the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
        Who's is it?
        it's don's, I can tell by the size.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          1000? that's damn high. I paid 495 when I had one. I feel naked without one too. It saved us last year with our AC.
          i think mine was $38/mo and they've probably paid out on repairs 2-3x what i've paid into them. it definitely is a nice peace of mind thing.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
            i think mine was $38/mo and they've probably paid out on repairs 2-3x what i've paid into them. it definitely is a nice peace of mind thing.
            Im considering buying one in hopes that when the AC quits, they can cover it.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              Im considering buying one in hopes that when the AC quits, they can cover it.
              They might cover it. Just keep in mind they may ask if it has been serviced. They usually expect you to have it serviced once a year.

Just like any other warranty I suppose.

Comment

They covered my evap coil for just the $100 deductible, so right there I think I was ahead a couple hundo. 2-10 is who I used, they have mixed reviews online so perhaps I just got lucky

Comment

Well Don has got everyone beat. That's the most expensive one of them all.

It looks almost as big as Don already!
                  Originally posted by Marisa
                  we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Wrong SVO, but I appreciate the thoughts!
                    Aw snap, my bad. Congrats to ya

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                      They covered my evap coil for just the $100 deductible, so right there I think I was ahead a couple hundo. 2-10 is who I used, they have mixed reviews online so perhaps I just got lucky
                      the biggest reason a warranty helps with AC repairs is that you can actually get someone to repair it... otherwise, "you need a whole new system"

one of my buddy's customers AC went out. he was told he needed a new system. he bought a home warranty. a month later, they came out and fixed it for $100. It was a $300 repair order.
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        the biggest reason a warranty helps with AC repairs is that you can actually get someone to repair it... otherwise, "you need a whole new system"

one of my buddy's customers AC went out. he was told he needed a new system. he bought a home warranty. a month later, they came out and fixed it for $100. It was a $300 repair order.
                        That is because technicians don't want to fix anything these days, they'd rather make the commission on selling a new system.

My experience has been that home warranties aren't all they are cracked up to be. They don't cover shit, they use sorry ass contractors, etc. Not a problem if meth mouthed hillbillies are your people, I suppose. But I felt like everyone they ever sent out was going to walk out with my shit if I didn't keep my eyes on their hands the entire time they were there.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post

Our home warranty replaced the squirrel cage one year. A evap coil another year, with no push back. They always asked if I had it serviced though.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          That is because technicians don't want to fix anything these days, they'd rather make the commission on selling a new system.

My experience has been that home warranties aren't all they are cracked up to be. They don't cover shit, they use sorry ass contractors, etc. Not a problem if meth mouthed hillbillies are your people, I suppose. But I felt like everyone they ever sent out was going to walk out with my shit if I didn't keep my eyes on their hands the entire time they were there.
                          I have always been home when they come but the people I dealt with were stand up to me. I am usually a pretty good judge of character. When the home warranty company told me I had to pay my deductible AND a $100 disposal fee for the evap, I worked out a deal with the AC guy and he just left the coil in my backyard instead of charging me.

Comment

Mine's more than paid for itself over the years: pool equipment repair, ac repair, sink repair, toilets.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

i just purchased a home warranty again, simply because we've had a few things go wrong and our AC is on its way out. I figure why not pay 75 bucks a visit to fix the built in microwave, or the AC if it goes out, than deal with it myself

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                                it's don's, I can tell by the size.
                                Lmao
                                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                                X