X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    Riding season? This is Texas...it's always riding season
    We haven't lived there for almost 10 years lol

did you pick it up yesterday? enjoying it? lmk if you have any questions about mods

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
      We haven't lived there for almost 10 years lol

did you pick it up yesterday? enjoying it? lmk if you have any questions about mods
      Picked it up last night...its still in the back of my truck...been at work all day. Gotta insure it, get it inspected and get the title transferred hopefully tomorrow. Supposed to storm on Thursday and Friday so looks like I may have to wait on riding it for a few days.

Comment

To anyone interested, looks like I've made a deal. I'll be picking up my KTM this weekend most likely.
        Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
          To anyone interested, looks like I've made a deal. I'll be picking up my KTM this weekend most likely.
          SMC or Enduro and what year? I hear that new 2020 has a lot of cool new features..just do not understand that TINY little instrument cluster if you can call it that.

Comment

I think the 19s got the new traction control and abs tech on the ktm side, and husky got it on the 20s

Comment

I think the 19s got the new traction control and abs tech on the ktm side, and husky got it on the 20s
              At the motorcycle show the rep I talked to from Mckinney KTM/Husky said that the current 701 has an improved motor and electronics that haven't made it to the 690 yet...and that although the 690 Enduro R is listed as a 2020 online..that none have yet to become available in the states even though dealers across the nation have put in orders for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                At the motorcycle show the rep I talked to from Mckinney KTM/Husky said that the current 701 has an improved motor and electronics that haven't made it to the 690 yet...and that although the 690 Enduro R is listed as a 2020 online..that none have yet to become available in the states even though dealers across the nation have put in orders for them.
                He's wrong on the first part, the LC4 got updated in 2017 on the huskys and the new 690 has the same powerplant. they added a 2nd counter balance to reduce vibrations and raised the RPM's a little. it got a few HP over the 16's as well.

the 19+ 690 has various traction control modes ride modes and ABS, the 701 only has ABS. maybe the smc-r is different, but i don't see why it would be.

Comment

He's wrong on the first part, the LC4 got updated in 2017 on the huskys and the new 690 has the same powerplant. they added a 2nd counter balance to reduce vibrations and raised the RPM's a little. it got a few HP over the 16's as well.

the 19+ 690 has various traction control modes ride modes and ABS, the 701 only has ABS. maybe the smc-r is different, but i don't see why it would be.
                  Maybe I didn't understand every detail of what he was saying. I'm stuck with my antiquated 2014 690 R. After coming off of an 01 XR650L with all of 35hp and sticks and stones suspension..it feels adequate. Lets not even begin talking about the 09 KLR650 I had before the XR. I have a feeling this old KTM will do for a while.

Comment

it'll more than suffice, you'll love it. i picked my 701 up and still had a drz400sm in the garage.. i never threw a leg over the drz again until the day i sold it.

Comment

all this LC4 talk is cute...LC8 homies!

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                        all this LC4 talk is cute...LC8 homies!

Looks heavy!!!!

Comment

It's definitely not for any sissy men!

Comment

460lbs dry tho.. fuck that in the neck

Comment

460lbs dry tho.. fuck that in the neck
                              Plus another 40 lbs of shit! lol

Very capable offroad, high speed paved twisties, and touring though.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                                Plus another 40 lbs of shit! lol
                                My LC4 is around 310 or so I've been told. Feels a LOT lighter than what I rode previously. My goal is that always mentioned Unicorn....it doesn't exist. I want a light, easy to handle, fast, powerful bike that can ride to the dirt from the garage, have fun in the dirt, then ride back home...at comfortable freeway speeds and then some...and also deal with daily street rides at 90+...with comfort, and carry a small amount of gear should I decide to make a longer trip on the interstate. Doubt I'll ever find that bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X