Rumor: Skyrim Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Skyrim Remastered

If this is true, it's gonna be Fus-Ro-Dope. Rumor is Bethesda is planning a console remaster of The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim for PS4 and Xbox One. The rumor has been confirmed as being legit by several insiders around the web, including this Neogaf thread where well-known insider SuperDragonPunch

"Rumor is Bethesda is planning a console remaster of The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim for PS4 and Xbox One. The rumor has been confirmed as being legit by several insiders around the web"

For the experienced, mod-using PC gamer, I'm sure this is dumb. Since I'm not one of those, and do all of my gaming on the Playstation, I am super-pumped.

I have over 300 hours in Skyrim and recently dusted it off to walk around Tamriel some more. Enhanced graphics, all of the DLC and likely downloadable mods like are recently applied to Fallout 4.

Elder Scrolls VI would be better, but if that's still 2-3 years away, I'll take this in the meantime.

With the understanding that this really only impacts console players, anybody here interested?

This is dumb.
    sigpic

Comment

It's gonna have to look a shitload better than the original for me to get it. Also, not cost a full $60. I've already had my 100's of hours of Skyrim including all the DLC's. I'd honestly rather have an Oblivion remaster.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Well, just in case someone else is interested, official reveal was yesterday. Much improved graphics, and more importantly, mods on consoles!

I can't wait until October 28.

Comment

It's finally here! I picked the deluxe edition up at Best Buy last night, complete with fabric Dovahkiin "helmet". It's awesome.

The graphics are much improved and the addition of mods on console (even though PS4 is somewhat limited by comparison) is a literal game changer. It's great.

I guess nobody else here is into this game, and that's fine. If you need me, I'll be in Tamriel's northern province.

Comment

My buddy is picking it up, do you have to start from scratch or do previous characters transfer over? I spent way too much time on this game on 360.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
              My buddy is picking it up, do you have to start from scratch or do previous characters transfer over? I spent way too much time on this game on 360.
              Saves only transfer on PC, not Xbox or PS. I hear you, but starting over sounds fun too. I'm working on a character that's different than any I had played before, and I never got any of the DLC on PS3, so I've got hours of new content. Looking forward to becoming a vampire.

Comment

Yeah, I already did the dlc. I'm enjoying the new content in GTA online too much to go get a new game.

Comment

Got it for pc. Doesn't work.

Comment

Redoing skyrim... eh, kinda pointless. Maybe 10 years from now it might be kinda cool.

I want them to hurry up with Skywind.
                    WH

Comment

Downloaded it this weekend to check it out. I couldn't notice a difference between this and the original version with the graphics mod packs.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                      Originally posted by Denny
                      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Best looking game I've played. I was a good 1/2 mile from White run at night and a bit up a mountain. Looked over and it was glorious. The "northern lights" We're above, and I could see the whole town clearly.

The game is the same but it's so much better looking.

Comment

Working...
                        X