No announcement yet.

1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You probably need a bigger nozzle on your spray gun. The last DTM epoxy I sprayed called for a 1.8-2.0 tip. My 1.4 needed the stuff reduced too much and defeated the fact that it was a high build. I picked up a cheap gun from TCP Global for like $50, works great.

And I hope you stripped that self etch off, the epoxy is what you want to seal the metal, not etch
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
      You probably need a bigger nozzle on your spray gun. The last DTM epoxy I sprayed called for a 1.8-2.0 tip. My 1.4 needed the stuff reduced too much and defeated the fact that it was a high build. I picked up a cheap gun from TCP Global for like $50, works great.

And I hope you stripped that self etch off, the epoxy is what you want to seal the metal, not etch

It was a light coat of the self etch stuff. Basically to just get something on to help just prevent even a small amount of light dusting of rust. . But I sanded it all down pretty good before I applied the primer. The primer is kind of a hybrid. It can be applied to metal or other primer. . It’s not a sealer primer. And my tip is a 1.8. I called the paint shop and they recommended I reduce it some and try and make sure my gun is clean re-spray. So I’ll go pick some more up today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• What product is it? Advantage 325?

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

What product is it? Advantage 325?

Something like that

Comment

• Making a parts order soon for handles, door lock rods and a bolt kit. Still gotta weld up some stuff on the panels. Still gotta do body work and still trying to figure out the inner wheel wells. Torn between factory (cheaper) wheel wells and the mini tubs (expensive as hell). Too damn much to do

Comment

• Any chance of using the cheap option and adding your own tubs?
              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                Any chance of using the cheap option and adding your own tubs?

I guess I just don’t know what to look for when doing my own tubs. Any suggestions I should look into?

Comment

• Google "diy mustang minitub". There's videos, write ups, etc. I stretched some trailer fenders once. Plan, patience, cut, mig, grind, paint/coat. It was a pain, but turned out well.
                  For the record, I've never attempted minitub on a car. Just throwing the idea out there.
                  Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                  There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                    Google "diy mustang minitub". There's videos, write ups, etc. I stretched some trailer fenders once. Plan, patience, cut, mig, grind, paint/coat. It was a pain, but turned out well.
                    For the record, I've never attempted minitub on a car. Just throwing the idea out there.

Oh ok cool. Well I don’t mind putting in the work. Thanks for the idea. I’ll check it out for sure.

Comment

• I bought New inner tubs and added a 2” filler strip to make my mini tubs

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I bought New inner tubs and added a 2” filler strip to make my mini tubs

Any pictures of what you did?

Comment

• Make sure you have the photobucket patch.

With the ability to only fit a 255 on my car, I broke out the grinder and got to cutting. I'm still in the rough in phase right now. I'll be ordering 315's soon. Stock distance between tubs and frame Tub cut out I gained 2-3"s, tubs flush with frame.

Comment

I bought New inner tubs and added a 2” filler strip to make my mini tubs

Think u could send me some pics to either my email or PM me. I don’t really have a desktop. I work off my phone. I’d like to see what you did. I may go that route. Inner wells are decently cheap.

Comment

• I used new inners and cut the car leaving excess and then cut the tubs off at just the flange. Added material to fill the gap. I have right at 14-1/2" of wheel tub from frame to quarter panel.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Did some under hood undercoating. 1 big can basically did the Underhood side. I’m gonna grab another can and do the sides and then I’m gonna mount the new splash shield kit and then I’m gonna mount up the fenders [emoji846]

Comment

Working...
                                X