No announcement yet.

Hatch green chili season is here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Prairie's annual Hatch Chile Fest will be Saturday, Aug. 20, 2016, at Farmers Market, 120 W. Main St., featuring both raw and roasted Hatch chiles sold by the pound and live music.

Comment

I was wondering why HEB had Hatch pre made stuff everywhere. I had no idea that stuff was so popular. I bought some Hatch shredded chicken.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I chopped up one this morning and mixed it in with my scrambled eggs, which were consumed with cheese and a hatch tortilla.

Comment

I'm only telling you this because I love you mofos.

I've spent a lot of time looking for hatch chiles, roasting them, dicing them up. But I found out that Costco has THE SHIT - real, badass, hatch chiles already processed and ready to put in any of your recipes. And this huge bottle of perfect chiles is like eight bucks. I've become spoiled. I don't think I'm even going to bother roasting my own this year!

For some reason, the normal Costco site doesn't show them, but they're at the store.

The 505 Southwestern green chile 'sauce' is really good too; it can almost be a side dish or eaten with cornbread. The enchilada sauce could be a little deeper in flavor but it's not bad.

505 Southwestern is an award winning foods brand that makes GMO free, all natural sauces and salsas made with green chiles
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            That pound cake was insanely delicious! Lemon icing and chunks of hatch in the dough. Mmmm mmmm mmmm good!
            Central Market had a hatch green chile honey cornbread ice cream last weekend and man, it was badass.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

The 505 Southwestern green chile 'sauce' is really good too; it can almost be a side dish or eaten with cornbread. The enchilada sauce could be a little deeper in flavor but it's not bad.

http://505chile.com/

The 505 hot (red) is our favorite store-bought salsa, and we stay stocked up on it. It goes quick around here. Really good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                I"ll try anything once, but that has never even crossed my mind. Does the cheese melt?
                Yes it melts. I usually make my own pimento cheese but this stuff was great. You could tell it was made at the store.

Comment

I slapped some of the hatch shredded chicken with hatch cheese on a tortilla yesterday. Not to shabby, didn't even need hot sauce.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Just FYI Costco has a giant jar of this stuff for 8 bucks. Like a large Ragu size jar. I am about to cook some into my eggs.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Hatch fest 2018 is in full swing!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                        Hatch fest 2018 is in full swing!
                        sweet, I'm heading to Houston this week for work, and going to hit up HEB down there for all the bad ass stuff they make during Hatch Fest

Comment

We hit up Central Mkt earlier this week and had hatch chicken, hatch rice and hatch rolls for dinner, then hatch tamales with some hatch sauce and rice agai. Went yesterday and got a boatload of hatch stuff, from breads to sweet stuff to crackers and queso. I love this time of year!

Comment

not sure if you can get it all up here at central market, but they make some of the best hatch chorizo and hatch sausage they package.

I'll bring a bunch back this week.

Comment

I'm on a restricted/low protein diet, and sausage is out. I know they had burgers, chicken breasts, etc in the butcher shop, but did not look, just a quick glance as we walked by.

Just had some hatch firehouse crackers with the "hot" hatch queso, fucken good! It isn't hot tho IMO.

Comment

Somebody recommend the best way to try it without actually having to cook anything myself. Allsups still selling em?
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X