No announcement yet.

Back Surgery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have started getting some numbness and tingling in my feet when I sit in certain positions too long. On Sunday I had a pain/discomfort flare up, that was similar to what I was having before surgery, that lasted a couole of days.

I went to my back doc in November and he prescribed some oral steroids and an MRI. I hadn't touched my deductible for the year so I opted to wait until after the first. I am really hoping that the MRI shows no significant issues. I had another disk higher in my spine that had a loss of height, and i am hoping that it hasn't/wasn't herniated.

I have been able to manage most all pain since my surgery with ibuprofen, however, here lately it has been a bit more frequent. I will update when I have the results from the MRI.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I'm one of those "hardass doctors." But there's a reason I do not open a pain clinic...I cannot deal with the histrionics. Not worth the money.

I hope I never have to deal with chronic pain myself. I'm sure my views would probably change. But until then, you pussies "rub some dirt on it and get back to rowing with the rest of the slaves."

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
        But until then, you pussies "rub some dirt on it and get back to rowing with the rest of the slaves."
        lol.

"The beatings will continue, until moral improves!"
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm one of those "hardass doctors." But there's a reason I do not open a pain clinic...I cannot deal with the histrionics. Not worth the money.

I hope I never have to deal with chronic pain myself. I'm sure my views would probably change. But until then, you pussies "rub some dirt on it and get back to rowing with the rest of the slaves."

Have some compassion man. Peoples lives are hard enough without having their doctors basically stop just short of caustically calling them liars, because they're under pressure from the DEA. If you help ten people, but inadvertently write for one guy that is faking, isn't that worth the cost? You have no idea how grateful those ten people will be. It can literally change their entire life.

Comment

I'm sorry...I refuse to write prescriptions to chronic pain patients. It's actually against most hospital policies...thankfully. It's like roadkill and buzzards. Once you start doing it, they ALL start showing up with their whiny, over-exaggerated complaints.

And I do not have much compassion to begin with...

Comment

With that said, 9.5/10 "chronic pain" patients that come into my ER are gaming for some dope...

I look them all up on the national narcotic database and they have 5-7 narcotic/benzo Rx per month (30-90 pills each) from 4-5 different providers. Not happening.

Comment

With that said, 9.5/10 "chronic pain" patients that come into my ER are gaming for some dope...

I look them all up on the national narcotic database and they have 5-7 narcotic/benzo Rx per month (30-90 pills each) from 4-5 different providers. Not happening.

And herein lies the problem. The people who are in chronic pain are also "gaming for some dope" to put it down straight. Because they want to stop hurting. They will use many of the same phrases. They may even mention a drug specifically, that they've had good luck with in the past, which is about the worst thing you can do. "Oh my god, he knows the name of a common pain killer! His last name must be Escobar!"

I mean how absurd is it that we have the capabilities to take care of people but then hold it over their head, or even worse, deny them altogether? It's awful. It takes away their humanity. It's humiliating as hell going into a doctors office with chronic pain, because you know all the shit they're thinking, and all you want to be able to do is live your life. Every time I leave my doctors office, I feel like I'm being let out of an interrogation cell. And for the most part, I don't even have trouble with these people! I can only imagine what horror stories are going on out there that aren't in the general publics purview.

Comment

Can you show them an MRI? "Yeah, this doesn't look like it hurts at all."
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Has anyone had an artificial disk replacement. I know they had some trouble with them back in the early 2000's just wondered if they have perfected it.

I have an L5/S1 Herniated disk with sciatica

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                      Has anyone had an artificial disk replacement. I know they had some trouble with them back in the early 2000's just wondered if they have perfected it.

I'm curious about this too as I have l4l5 and l5s1 herniated.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                        I'm curious about this too as I have l4l5 and l5s1 herniated.
                        Have you tried hitting yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          And herein lies the problem. The people who are in chronic pain are also "gaming for some dope" to put it down straight. Because they want to stop hurting. They will use many of the same phrases. They may even mention a drug specifically, that they've had good luck with in the past, which is about the worst thing you can do. "Oh my god, he knows the name of a common pain killer! His last name must be Escobar!"

I mean how absurd is it that we have the capabilities to take care of people but then hold it over their head, or even worse, deny them altogether? It's awful. It takes away their humanity. It's humiliating as hell going into a doctors office with chronic pain, because you know all the shit they're thinking, and all you want to be able to do is live your life. Every time I leave my doctors office, I feel like I'm being let out of an interrogation cell. And for the most part, I don't even have trouble with these people! I can only imagine what horror stories are going on out there that aren't in the general publics purview.
                          I couldn't have said this better myself. The Dr's, in far too many cases, treat you like a fiend for needing meds to function day to day. Hell, I can't take the stuff that so many can that tend towards addiction, it makes me ill. The strongest oral pain killers I can take us tramadol/ultracet.

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post

I believe there is another thread here on the board that goes in depth on this. I can't remember the board member talking about it though

Comment

On the chronic pain, my last script was a 3 mo supply of Tramadol. Well, a script for 30 pills with 2 refills. This was before the classification change. That script lasted me a year and a half. When I asked for a refill, the doc basically said it was too much trouble. I would only take it when I had a flare up, which wasn't very often.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post

I did not go into pain management or other primary care (chronic disease management) specialty for a reason...99% of these patients are the histrionic, woe-is-me types.
                                Unfortunately, EMTALA says I have to see these patients when they come to the ER.
                                I've met you and know you're in that 1%, but most of your chronic pain posts on here come across otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X