For those that have spectrum internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those that have spectrum internet

What modem are you running? I'm running the modem provided by them and my internet is intermittent as shit (never can stream an entire movie).. and doesn't have 50 feet of range (my place is about the size of a 2 bedroom apartment)..
    "PSH!!!"

Linksys modem and TP-Link router.

Comment

Their CISCO modem and my own Linksys router. It is tons better than the heap of shit Uverse modem/router combo I was using in California.

Comment

O.P. you'll likely get much better speeds by not using an integrated modem/router. Like BP posted I received pathetic speeds with U-verse, and that was using one of their integrated units.

Comment

I had a constantly slow Internet connection for a few months ago couple of years ago. Check the spectrum website for compatible modem aND purchase the fastest one on amazon. Then get a new wireless device. Made a huge improvement for us.

Comment

The first thing you should do is determine if the problem is with your router or the connection to the pole. Check your speed using an ethernet cable and compare it to wifi. In Benbrook you should be seeing 100+ down and 10+ up with their basic package now. Wifi won't be as fast obviously.

They give you a free modem but you can pay for wifi on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              The first thing you should do is determine if the problem is with your router or the connection to the pole. Check your speed using an ethernet cable and compare it to wifi. In Benbrook you should be seeing 100+ down and 10+ up with their basic package now. Wifi won't be as fast obviously.

They give you a free modem but you can pay for wifi on it.
              Roughly 110mbps download via wifi in the room by the router, but a very inconsistent and droppy connection 40 feet away in the living room with about 5mbps download.. house is very small (1k sq ft) but I'll be adding a cow skin rug soon haha..
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

That's a router/wireless issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  That's a router/wireless issue.
                  I'm going to buy one today.. taking any recommendations under $100
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

You could probably get away with a cheap wifi extender. Personally I always go overkill with technology, if you still lived in Benbrook you could probably see the signal from my EA9500.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      You could probably get away with a cheap wifi extender. Personally I always go overkill with technology, if you still lived in Benbrook you could probably see the signal from my EA9500.
                      I have a wifi extender and it drops the dropped signal too haha
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Ended up going with a tplink router and I think my issue is solved
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Ended up going with a tplink router and I think my issue is solved
                          Did you buy the items from Amazon you linked in a few posts up? How are you liking Spectrum? I have Uverse and hate it. 18mg down 1.5 up and I doubt I get that. Heaven forbid I have a tv, laptop, and a phone on somewhere in a house of 5.

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
                            Did you buy the items from Amazon you linked in a few posts up? How are you liking Spectrum? I have Uverse and hate it. 18mg down 1.5 up and I doubt I get that. Heaven forbid I have a tv, laptop, and a phone on somewhere in a house of 5.
                            I bought it from Walmart.. it worked fine but sold it because I got a Netgear nighthawk on Black Friday for 89.. but honestly the tplink was just fine as I live in a small house..

Spectrum’s wireless internet sucked dick until I got the router but the wires was always ok
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                            X