No announcement yet.

Android phones; what is the bees knees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make you a good deal on an HTC Evo 4G. It has WiMax!!!!!!

Comment

Evo4G was teh ish in its day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        Evo4G was teh ish in its day.
        Yeah it was even better when you rooted it for me. Wimax was great when you could find a tower but otherwise it was pretty slow on 3g.

Comment

I had a Blu Studio 7.0 for a while but it finally got to be too slow. two days on a battery charge was awesome. 7.0" screen was badass too. Was $107 shipped to my door.

I've since moved to an Irulu G3 Max. Slightly smaller screen but the 3 "keys" at the bottom are not on the screen so it is nearly as large a screen as the 7" on the Blu, but is way faster and goes two days on a charge. VERY little bloatware and comes with MS office already installed. Currently $149 on ebay. I bought a second one as a spare. Loving it so far but I live in a hole in coverage out in BFFE and it struggles. Everywhere else it is fine. It even come with screen protectors and a clear sleeve from the factory as well as a stick on "ring/stand" for the back. Best value in a phone I have seen since I have ever bought a cell phone.

Comment

I've had the Pixel 2 XL for a few months and really like it.. Really, the only complaint I have had with it is the size (height not width). Unless you have really deep front pockets, forget about bending over with it in your pocket. lol

I won't bother with details as there are a million reviews online, but I would definitely buy it again.

Comment

If you get it, I also recommend this case: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love it.

Comment

^^^ The best covers I've found.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  ^^^ The best covers I've found.
                  I've been using theie minimalist clear ones for a couple of years, and started with one on this phone too, and liked those. The down side is they start to yellow after a while. But they're cheap so I would just replace them.

Saw this one on a review by Flossy Carter (youtube guy) and gave it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                    I had a Blu Studio 7.0 for a while but it finally got to be too slow. two days on a battery charge was awesome. 7.0" screen was badass too. Was $107 shipped to my door.

I've since moved to an Irulu G3 Max. Slightly smaller screen but the 3 "keys" at the bottom are not on the screen so it is nearly as large a screen as the 7" on the Blu, but is way faster and goes two days on a charge. VERY little bloatware and comes with MS office already installed. Currently $149 on ebay. I bought a second one as a spare. Loving it so far but I live in a hole in coverage out in BFFE and it struggles. Everywhere else it is fine. It even come with screen protectors and a clear sleeve from the factory as well as a stick on "ring/stand" for the back. Best value in a phone I have seen since I have ever bought a cell phone.
                    I didn't realize chinese phones held up as well as it is looking like reviews state. Does it get regular LTE when not on wifi?

Comment

I upgraded my Pixel to the Pixel 2 after they came out late last year and have never regretted it one bit. Expensive but worth it and it's my fourth Google phone I think. And I'll also recommend the Spiegen cases. Great value for the money if you don't need a waterproof case.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                        I didn't realize chinese phones held up as well as it is looking like reviews state. Does it get regular LTE when not on wifi?
                        If the area you are in has it, it's fine. I live in bum fuck area so LTE is non existent . When I travel to larger towns, it works just fine but I'm not a data hog either.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                          If the area you are in has it, it's fine. I live in bum fuck area so LTE is non existent . When I travel to larger towns, it works just fine but I'm not a data hog either.
                          I have tmobile and mainly in dfw area. I like a few of the Chinese phones I've been looking up but the pixel 2 everyone is talking about looks pretty good too.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                            Reviews are so easily manipulated that I would be Leary to take them at full faith.

Comment

Wife has a Razer and JR has a 1+5t. They both seem to like them.
                              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                Reviews are so easily manipulated that I would be Leary to take them at full faith.
                                I agree. I'm mainly going off of reddit posts and most seem to be informative. I just bought a honor 7x. Should be in tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X