Home made garage tools - post them up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's badass Tom!! Good work!

I have some new stuf coming up soon, but it won't happen till the next turbo kit arrives..

Comment

Nice valve spring compressor. I think I will have to make one

Comment

You cant use a traditional outside springs compressor on the Jaguar IFS setups so I made a copy of the factory tool.

Comment

This doesn't exactly qualift but I needed a clutch alignment tool last night on the fly. This tubing was a modular metal rack leg from container store that fit snug in the splines. I just had to chamfer the edge to match the pitch of the crank's center.

Comment

Matt,

Not sure if you have already built this or not....

The thurst bearing used in this spring compressor is part # D-1. (shortest bearing part number I have ever seen...)

The end of the threaded rod is just ground down to a smalller diameter to fit inside the thrust bearing. The nut under the thrust bearing is just there to provide a decent flat spot for the bearing to ride on.

The thrust bearing is attached to the end of the threaded rod with a 1/4" allen head bolt and a washer. The washer has to be ground down to fit inside the thrust bearing.

From some of your posts, it appears that your fab skills are much better than mine, so I'm sure you won't have any problems building one of these.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Comment

Working...
            X