Tesla to Texas: How Do You Like Us Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    I got in a shouting match with the "sales manager" at grand prairie Ford over this bull shit. It was $1800 for nitrogen filled tires, tint, and a "curb rash" warranty. I told him I wasn't paying for any of that shit because I already confirmed the price via phone. He threw a fit and asked what he was supposed to do about the tint that was already on the car. I told him I didn't give a fuck but I'm not paying for it. I left with the car for the previous agreed upon price, but I'll never go back to that dealer again.
    The only time I went there was in 2006 to take delivery on a new Ranger that I bought online. No BS shenanigans went on, other than the usual finance officer offerings of maintenance packages which were not pushed overly hard.

Comment

• We just got a Carvana vending machine here. I'm really interested in trying it the next time I get another car. I deal with sales people all day long at work, i don't want to deal with another one buying a car.

Comment

I got in a shouting match with the "sales manager" at grand prairie Ford over this bull shit. It was $1800 for nitrogen filled tires, tint, and a "curb rash" warranty. I told him I wasn't paying for any of that shit because I already confirmed the price via phone. He threw a fit and asked what he was supposed to do about the tint that was already on the car. I told him I didn't give a fuck but I'm not paying for it. I left with the car for the previous agreed upon price, but I'll never go back to that dealer again.
        Same thing at Dallas Dodge. I even agreed to their asking price, it was decent. Went to pick it up "$1,600 Certified Pre-Owned Fee". We slugged it out. They offered to take off half and asked me to negotiate. I told them I already negotiated by not walking out immediately. Fucking faggots.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Town East Ford lost a sale to my mom due to that bullshit. They absolutely refused to take that crap off, and got downright mad when she said that she wasn't paying for add ons that she didn't ask for.

Don Davis Ford on the other hand got her business, because they had the dent protection and nitrogen filled tires for $3k cheaper that Town East.

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          If car dealers are such magical places for the consumer to shop then they have nothing to worry about if another manufacture wants to be able to offer their product without.
          The state isn't going to let them, far too much money from car dealers. The state loves their fees, and VIT taxes, which they won't get from a company that doesn't have inventory.

Comment

• I wonder what the carvana return policy is personally because I just had one come into the shop yesterday and it wasnt pretty. It was a 2018 with 26k on it leaking antifreeze from the radiator and had a sealer put in it. The customer bought the car 12 days ago so i doubt they did it because the warranty company they have covers bumper to bumper for 30 days regardless of anything. I could tell someone had been in there before me because of wear on the core support and bolts that didnt quite line up right. So im definitely not trusting that company from what I saw but maybe it was a one off as it is the only one Ive seen so far.

Comment

• Tesla will build its newest Gigafactory near Austin, Texas, Chief Executive Elon Musk announced during the company’s earnings call on Wednesday.

The area takes up about 2,000 acres and will be roughly 15 minutes from downtown Austin, Musk said. He said the factory will be an “ecological paradise” and that it will be open to the public.

“We’re going to make it a factory that is going to be stunning; it’s right on the Colorado River. So we’re actually going to have to have a boardwalk over you, hiking, biking trail. It’s going to basically be an ecological paradise,” Musk said.

The site will be used to build the company’s Cybertruck, its Semi and the Model 3 and Model Y for the eastern half of North America, Musk said.

Musk also added that Tesla will continue to grow in California, where it will build the Tesla Model S and the Model X for global deliveries and the Tesla Model 3 and Tesla Model Y for North America.

Travis County, where the new car plant will be located, voted earlier this month to give Tesla tax breaks worth a minimum of $14.7 million to build the plant to bring jobs to the area. Tesla employs about 10,000 people at its only U.S. car plant today in Fremont, California.

“Texas has the best workforce in the nation and we’ve built an economic environment that allows companies like Tesla to innovate and succeed,” Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said following the announcement.

“Tesla’s Gigafactory Texas will keep the Texas economy the strongest in the nation and will create thousands of jobs for hard-working Texans. I look forward to the tremendous benefits that Tesla’s investment will bring to Central Texas and to the entire state.”

Comment

• Why do they have to build it in fucking Austin though of all places in Texas? They should keep all money out of Travis county. I would put it right on the outskirts.

Comment

• Looks like it is NE of Austin between Hutto and Taylor in Williamson county.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    Why do they have to build it in fucking Austin though of all places in Texas? They should keep all money out of Travis county. I would put it right on the outskirts.
                    Because it's an island of blue in a sea of red, of course.. Same reason Joe Rogan's moving there.

Comment

• This sucks. All this means is property taxes and prices will skyrocket for the people already there and the new jobs will be filled by transplants that don't actually want to be in texas...they just want to be at tesla.

Comment

• Thanks Obama

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          Because it's an island of blue in a sea of red, of course.. Same reason Joe Rogan's moving there.
                          I didn't think Musk leaned Democrat
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            This sucks. All this means is property taxes and prices will skyrocket for the people already there and the new jobs will be filled by transplants that don't actually want to be in texas...they just want to be at tesla.
                            Like that hasn't happened already. All that area needs is more inflated cost of living. [/s]

I like Austin a lot and can even abide the hippy vibe and everything that comes with it because that's part of the weird/fun of it, but the cost of living there is a kick to the shorts. The traffic and human congestion just seals the deal.

I'll stay in the nurturing bosom of Benbrook. 5 minutes away from the benefits of the big city if you want it, but there's some sort of weird force field that keeps the big city crap out. At least, south of I-20. If any of you degenerates lets my secret out, I'll cut you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              I'm not sure that's fair. Joe is a goofball, but I don't think you can put him in either a left or right category. If he's going to Austin it's likely because of many reasons (easier to get guests to fly there, It's cool, including music and entertainment, and it's some of the best and most accessible geography like hiking, springs and fun driving roads). I doubt an "oasis of the left" ranks too highly there. After all, he's bailing on LA because of the crazies and lefty taxes.

Edit: I heard this move is going to put something like $14mm more Spotify dollars in his pocket.
                              Last edited by BLAKE; 08-14-2020, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                                Like that hasn't happened already. All that area needs is more inflated cost of living. [/s]

I like Austin a lot and can even abide the hippy vibe and everything that comes with it because that's part of the weird/fun of it, but the cost of living there is a kick to the shorts. The traffic and human congestion just seals the deal.

I'll stay in the nurturing bosom of Benbrook. 5 minutes away from the benefits of the big city if you want it, but there's some sort of weird force field that keeps the big city crap out. At least, south of I-20. If any of you degenerates lets my secret out, I'll cut you.
                                Man i hate that McKinney is trying to be Austin Lite already.

Comment

Working...
                                X