New Top Gear America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Top Gear America

Watched a couple of episodes last night.

I was interested as I know Dax Shepard is a gear head. However again there is too much made up shtick that just isn't close to being believable.

Disappointed with Top Gear America........ again.
    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Dax Shepherd is a clown IMO gear head or not. I just watch the old British ones even if I’ve seen them before they’re still worlds better than these new renditions. Hell I don’t even really like The Grand Tour either. The formula was good when it was original, now it’s just played out and not the same.

I hate saying this, but I have found better content on YouTube. Yeah some of it is Schtick but I feel it’s more original feeling and creative not some dumb celebrity trying to be “one of the common folk.”

Comment

I drew a line in the sand and refuse to sign up for any more paid streaming services.

Comment

They make jokes about not having much of a budget yet they test a Pagani Huayra.

I wish they'd show more of the thought process and builds of some of the cars instead of just showing up. Like the 350Z, that thing actually looked pretty cool and worked well but how the hell did they get a lift kit for it? Maybe have a back story for the water bed in the van.

The scene where they destroyed the Silverado was pretty freakin awesome though. I kind of figured Dax would be racing a jacked up D-max truck.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
          I drew a line in the sand and refuse to sign up for any more paid streaming services.
          I don't have many but Motortrend has some fun shows. Roadkill, Dirt Everyday, Faster than Finnegan etc.
          Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

I actually enjoyed the previous Top Gear America. I'll give this a watch as I have... well nothing else better to do. Hate that you have to have a subscription to watch it though

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              I actually enjoyed the previous Top Gear America. I'll give this a watch as I have... well nothing else better to do. Hate that you have to have a subscription to watch it though
              A sub? You new to the nets?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                A sub? You new to the nets?
                Ahh... for legal purposes, that's my story I'm saying publicly

Comment

So I watched the first three episodes. It's OK. And at this point, I'm a fiend for anything new/car related. I do like the fact that Dax is Mustang guy which has made for some interesting car choices.

Comment

I wanna fight that tall british guy when he was in his prime. The one in the avatar.

"Talk shit about america one more time, you little nancy boy. God kill queen"

and then just bust him in the face hard without warning.

WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      I wanna fight that tall british guy when he was in his prime. The one in the avatar.

"Talk shit about america one more time, you little nancy boy. God kill queen"

and then just bust him in the face hard without warning.

Ha! Totally forgot I had him on there. Ya Clarkson can be an ass. I'll have to change it.

Comment

Working...
                      X