This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser practice

Due to the current situation I am considering one of those laser training systems to augment regular dry fire. Thoughts, anyone have one. Appreciate the good the bad and the ugly. If worthwhile suggestions as to which system. Thanks

I once played Laser Tag at Putt Putt Golf.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      I once played Laser Tag at Putt Putt Golf.
      It was Main Event for me.

Comment

I just shit my pants. Damn it!

Comment

ya'll dont find all these first posts about weapons odd?

Comment

Just use nerf guns. Then you can actually see if you are on target and whether or not the target had time to move before the strike. You should practice firing backwards while running for cover too. The guys on TV spend hours perfecting it.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
              Yes. Especially first post from someone who's been registered a while. We really need a mod to just delete the post and user.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                It was Main Event for me.
                Qzar!! United artist theater!
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by hurleigh View Post
                  Due to the current situation I am considering one of those laser training systems to augment regular dry fire. Thoughts, anyone have one. Appreciate the good the bad and the ugly. If worthwhile suggestions as to which system. Thanks
                  Note: If I seem to know a lot about this, its not because I sell it or get a commission. It's because it was my Christmas gift from my wife this last year.

Laser Ammo training tools to advance your dry fire training. Shop lasers for your firearm, recoil enabled guns, reactive targets, simulation systems & more

They make laser bullets for your own guns and also make laser replacement barrels for air soft guns. They even sell the air soft guns with the barrels installed. Many are recoil enabled. Meaning the slide moves to the rear to cock the gun on each shot from the green gas or CO2 the air soft gun used to shoot the air soft BB. I got the CZ Shadow II in CO2. Its cool and really looks like the real thing. I own the same real gun and you would swear this gun is real. The CO2 guns recoil harder and CO2 cartridges are easier to live with. Green gas is a pain.

The recoil enabled air soft guns are fun and make you feel like you are really shooting rather than the simple click from dry firing your own gun with laser bullets. But I have and use both.

I also got L.A.S.R. laser activated shot reporter. Its windows software that connects to a camera that you point at a paper target on your wall and it reports on the computer screen a picture of the target and a red dot where you hit it. I bought the L.A.S.R. software from the people that actually make it but laser-ammo also sells it. But they don't really have anything to do with it but sell it, so the support is better if you buy it from the source.

I recommend the infrared (IR) laser bullets. The visible laser bullets tend to cause people to use the visible laser to sight with rather than the gun sights and that defeats dry fire training's purpose to get better shooting real bullets.

The basic laser bullet is 9mm. Then they sell a bunch of adapters to use these laser bullets in other calibers.

L.A.S.R. comes in a more modern version that runs on many different platforms like ipads and phones and so on. Or the classic version that runs only on windows. If you want to use the recoil enabled air soft gun you have to get the classic version and the high speed camera. The other version can just use a webcam.

I connect the laptop (HDMI) to a 50" TV and then when shooting it is easy to look over and see where I hit. My laptop has a pretty big screen but the camera is on a short cord and has to be near the target so I am not too close to it when shooting.

Laser-ammo has a product called the smokeless range. Looks like a lot of fun and really effective but it is also really expensive. I did not have a big enough place to put it in my house. It's more designed for police depts who can dedicate a large conference room to it. You need a big wall to project it on and a high quality($$$) projector for it.

The laser bullets are around $120 each. At christmas time they had a special where you would get one of their PET targets and a laser bullet together for $120. I got two of those and the little PET targets are cool. You can just put them around the house and shoot at them. They flash and make a sound if you hit them.

So I have total of 6 laser bullets so I can fully load several types of revolvers. I even load up my single action army colt and shoot that in .45 Colt. I have shot my S&W model 29 (.44 Mag), Colt Python (.357 Mag). I have used it a lot in various 1911's using the exposed hammer to re-cock the gun each time.

Its not what I would choose if I could get all the ammo I wanted but it is a reasonable alternative and after the initial investment you can't beat the cost. I don't think reasonable ammo prices are coming back soon so it may be the only option.
                  2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
                  2011 Harley Davidson F150
                  2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                    Probably nothing. You want to go commit some illegal activities later? 😆
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                      Probably nothing. You want to go commit some illegal activities later? 😆
                      You can always and tell who the informants are. They're the ones that are wanting you to go shoot somebody or blow something up.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                        You can always and tell who the informants are. They're the ones that are wanting you to go shoot somebody or blow something up.
                        Randy Weaver can tell you a little bit about that.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

2nd troller is trolling!

Comment

Working...
                          X