Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd round of stimulus: $1,400 per person and oh... $15 Fed minimum wage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
    I haven't and won't receive a cent of money ever from the government. We bust our ass to not have to do so. My kids will never receive favorable treatment on applications for schools, scholarships, grants, etc. We are the evil people whose parents made sacrifices so we could have a chance to succeed. I worked in high school and college busting my ass for minimum wage. I flipped burgers. I've had beer bottles thrown at me while I planted flowers by the city sign and people drove by laughing when I worked rec and parks. I've logged plenty of 70 hour weeks in the box factory I worked in. I wouldn't trade one minute of it.

I'm grateful my parents pushed me the way they did and expected me to excel in life. I'm blessed that I left college debt free as did my wife. We busted our asses to get to go to school for free and worked to make sure we had no debt when we left. I don't want handouts nor do I want my tax dollars wasted on handouts, especially over some government induced paranoia over the flu. Too many people are receiving money that have no business receiving it. The government should completely stop spending money on anything until they develop a plan to reduce the deficit and our debt. Rant off!
    x2 That is the way I feel too. While I am not as financially successful as I wish, I believe in independence and self reliance. I don't want ANYTHING from the govt and expect them to stay out of my life as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
      Awesome. yet another round of stimulus checks i wont see a fucking dime of.
      Sounds like you make too much to qualify. I wish I had that problem. :-)

Comment

We received $68.95 from the first stimulus, none from the latest $600 one, and probably little or none from the next. if there had been payment we would have donated it all to charity. Such is the price of having a cowskin rug.

Comment

it aint about sending money to the people . one look at the pelosi pork tells all .

Comment

screw you all! I'm excited for the free money to come.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
              Agreed and ditto on most of it.

And this sounds a lot like one of the "welcome to the republican party" jokes.
              My dad stood guard over their coal hauling trucks at night with a hunting rifle to keep union workers on strike from damaging their family trucks. He was 12. This was West Virginia. He later was playing basketball in college and had to quit to go to work to help feed his 8 brothers and sisters. His mom owned and operated a small cafe. My grandparents on the other side also owned and operated a small cafe after serving in WWII. Each generation in our family history has made sacrifices to try and give the next one a better chance to succeed. I'll be damned if I break the cycle.

As for people needing help, like someone said elsewhere -- if you need the government for help, it's too late. Friends, family, and church are there far faster and in a better way. Oddly enough, my dad was a democrat... I just want to be left alone and keep what's mine.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                My dad stood guard over their coal hauling trucks at night with a hunting rifle to keep union workers on strike from damaging their family trucks. He was 12. This was West Virginia. He later was playing basketball in college and had to quit to go to work to help feed his 8 brothers and sisters. His mom owned and operated a small cafe. My grandparents on the other side also owned and operated a small cafe after serving in WWII. Each generation in our family history has made sacrifices to try and give the next one a better chance to succeed. I'll be damned if I break the cycle.

As for people needing help, like someone said elsewhere -- if you need the government for help, it's too late. Friends, family, and church are there far faster and in a better way. Oddly enough, my dad was a democrat... I just want to be left alone and keep what's mine.
                Think of the stories you've heard from our parents, grandparents, etc. about World Wars, the Depression, seeing their town get electricity, etc. and then think about the stories the next generation will tell. The struggle was real when they'd get a timeout from their XBOX, they actually had to do chores once in a while, etc.

Comment

Think of the stories you've heard from our parents, grandparents, etc. about World Wars, the Depression, seeing their town get electricity, etc. and then think about the stories the next generation will tell. The struggle was real when they'd get a timeout from their XBOX, they actually had to do chores once in a while, etc.
                  No doubt. I was lucky to be close to my grandparents. I went to college less than 20 minutes away from my grandfather who served in II. I loved going to visit and eat with him (great home cooked meal) and hearing his stories. There's a reason I take care of what I have and try to do all maintenance on everything myself (and teach my boys the same) - because that has been handed down to me.

Comment

These kids lose their fucking minds when they can't play Fortnight, I mean absolutely go into bezerker mode sometimes. Losing corporal punishment was the worst thing we ever did, well, that and give small children electronic devices with internet access to keep them amused. The amount of kids that wanted to commit suicide in my day was slim and none. Behavioral issue, you got your ass beat. Bunch of god damn pussies we are trying to medicate into being liberals.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Say cuz, when i gettin' my cheddar?
                      sigpic

Comment

Smells like Metamucil and Golden Age Syndrome in here. Kids today are smarter than they've ever been. Just like throughout the rest of history, when the old fucks took one example of something and applied it to an entire generation. I'm surprised most of you Gen X'ers don't remember the Boomers doing that to us throughout the 90's. Yet here we are, doing fine. Slackers indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Smells like Metamucil and Golden Age Syndrome in here. Kids today are smarter than they've ever been. Just like throughout the rest of history, when the old fucks took one example of something and applied it to an entire generation. I'm surprised most of you Gen X'ers don't remember the Boomers doing that to us throughout the 90's. Yet here we are, doing fine. Slackers indeed.
                          I can't believe how much smarter my parent's advice seems now than it did at the time!

Comment

Dem Rep. Khanna: ‘We Don’t Want’ Small Businesses That Can’t Afford $15 Minimum Wage
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

The amount of people that think doubling the minimum wage will magically create more jobs is staggering. I dare any one of those fuckers to sign a three year, triple net lease in a major city and not sweat bullets when they talk about doubling the minimum wage.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                                The amount of people that think doubling the minimum wage will magically create more jobs is staggering. I dare any one of those fuckers to sign a three year, triple net lease in a major city and not sweat bullets when they talk about doubling the minimum wage.
                                This will basically eliminate jobs for high school kids at chic fila and working For some guys lawn service after school etc.
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X