My new ride! 1970 ct70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new ride! 1970 ct70

Well new to me.. it’s old and a piece of shit.. as I get time I’ll throw parts on it and hopefully have it running in a couple months. Either way I thought these things were cool growing up and they fit an adult surprisingly well.

nearest shell gas station with car wash
    "PSH!!!"

I prefer the XR650L I picked up 2 weeks ago..pretty sure it can do more offroad

Comment

Man, that 70 brings back memories. I had a red one, neighbor had one that color, guy across the sreet had a gold one. We rode the hell out of them. We had a place behind our elementary school, it had trails, creeks, hills and a pond. Good times!
      sigpic

Comment

We expect to see a full restoration of that thing. And soon!
        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          We expect to see a full restoration of that thing. And soon!
          That’s sort of that plan.. I’m not gonna paint the frame as its in pretty good shape for 50 years old, but i am gonna sandblast and paint the wheels and use an acid bath to remove the rust off of what chrome I can.. haven’t decided if I’m just gonna fix the motor on here or put a 125 lifan with manual clutch.. might try the Vermont registration/Texas title trick and see if it works.. seems to be cheaper than the bonded process. I want it to be street legal as I plan to make it my neighborhood warrior
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            That’s sort of that plan.. I’m not gonna paint the frame as its in pretty good shape for 50 years old, but i am gonna sandblast and paint the wheels and use an acid bath to remove the rust off of what chrome I can.. haven’t decided if I’m just gonna fix the motor on here or put a 125 lifan with manual clutch.. might try the Vermont registration/Texas title trick and see if it works.. seems to be cheaper than the bonded process. I want it to be street legal as I plan to make it my neighborhood warrior
            LS swap?

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              LS swap?
              Vtec at very minimum
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

We had a gold one. My friend opened the points up on it and it made a bit more power; at least until the points burned up. My dad wasn't too happy. That was my first attempt at hot rodding.

Comment

Bought a Chinese 125 dirt bike for $100, I’m going to use the 125 motor off of it and swap into the ct70, it’s a direct bolt in but I gotta figure out how to wire in all the 12v stuff
                  atm locator capital one
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

For the money, the Chinese stuff is pretty decent. Crappy steel and bolts aways coming loose but 5he little motors do run good with routine maintenance done. If you aren't worried about the lights in the 70 working, just move the Chinese harness, cool, cdi, kill switch etc over to the 70 and leave as much as the 70 oem stuff intact and tie it up out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                      For the money, the Chinese stuff is pretty decent. Crappy steel and bolts aways coming loose but 5he little motors do run good with routine maintenance done. If you aren't worried about the lights in the 70 working, just move the Chinese harness, cool, cdi, kill switch etc over to the 70 and leave as much as the 70 oem stuff intact and tie it up out of the way.
                      Fuck the OG harness, I’ll be upgrading to 12v.. but before I even turned a wrench on it, I bought this little guy too..
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

If you decide they need a big brother, hit me up, I've got 5 or 6 trail 90s
                        Attached Files

Comment

Get the best selling motor vehicle on earth, the Honda Super Cub
                          WH

Comment

Well I started on the gold one.. i had to pull the stator off of the blue one to get spark to it and found I had very low compression.. I ordered a new piston and cylinder off eBay along with 64915 things it needed.. does anyone know where to get a 4.00-10 tire locally? The dude that I bought it from said it had good compression but he was full of shit.. but considering how cheap parts are and how easy these things are to work on, I couldn’t help but laugh.. but check out these sweet homemade gaskets!

fifth bank near me
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

I’m gonna assume your into those for an arm and a leg because everyone I see for sale is way to expensive

Comment

Working...
                              X