Weed use can lead to kidney failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
    Give it a few years. Some attorney will sue the marijuana growers like they did the tobacco companies. You can't inhale any "smoke" and it not cause an issue at some point at some level.
    Luckily marijuana/cannabis doesn't have to be smoked in order to receive the benefits. Topical, sublingual, edible, etc. Surely everyone doesn't think that the thousands of children with seizures of all kinds that have been saved by cannabis have been smoking it...

This thread has primarily been about smoking. I think we all can agree that putting smoke in your lungs is probably not good. I'd be surprised if anyone can name a substance that wouldn't be harmful in the form of smoke in your lungs. My stance has never been that the act of smoking doesn't cause harm, I smoke cigars, I know how it works. It's been shown that long term cannabis smokers have 7% less lung capacity over their lifetime vs someone that doesn't smoke cannabis. A stat someone could bring up in argument against cannabis, but people would rather just play word games and name call.

My position this entire time, and the same point that some are struggling with is that marijuana/cannabis does not cause cancer, specifically lung cancer, and has actually been shown to reduce some cancers. Anyone can look it up. No one has ever died from a cannabis overdose, also lookupable. Don't believe me? Look it up. It's not up to me to convince anyone of anything, especially here. That's literally never happened.

All of that being said, it is very difficult to regulate what goes into cannabis and how it's grown. Did the grower use RoundUp? Fuck, you may get cancer just because of that factor alone. What strain is it? Is it high in CBD? High in THCa? Indica or Sativa? Grown outdoor? Indoor? What light source? Nutrients? Additives? Insect control? All of those things affect the potency and composition of each flower, each time it's grown. My point is still the same.

I grew up my whole life against weed. I did the research and found out there is more much more to it. I highly suggest everyone do the same and try to lose the stigma, it affects people differently, and some don't like it, cool. Some claim it makes people lazier and lose ambition, I kinda agree to some degree. I feel it makes the person that is already lazy and struggles with ambition, worse. It's not for everyone. Some people abuse it, it's human nature.

We won't even get into the legal side of things, but how crazy is it that there are people in prison for 10 years because they had a bag of weed on them, a substance that literally cures cancer (lol). It's insane.

Comment

• Just to clarify...I'm not against consuming maryjane in some forms, but I think smoking it should be treated just like tobacco smoke. We made a lot of progress in reducing smoking rates...I hate to see it surge again and spur on a whole series of lung disease related deaths.

As you mentioned...edibles, topicals, etc should be looked at as more favorable and smoking should carry a big fat warning.

I've lost 2 family members in the past 5 years from smoking related lung disease. It's a very slow and painful process...

Comment

• ^^^

Very well said Tim. As is the usual around here, you will get the shit stirrers, the shit tossers and the holier than thou crowd, along with the feeble minded.
        Everyone has a vice, some drink to much alcohol, some smoke to much (weed, cigs and vape) and others suck to much cock. Whatever it is that people do, is their business, as long as its not affecting my life, fire that shit up, pop that bottle or glow that oil, in the end does it really matter...
        Last edited by Rick Modena; 08-14-2019, 12:59 PM.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• mixed baby boy middle names
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            ^^^

Very well said Tim. As is the usual around here, you will get the shit stirrers, the shit tossers and the holier than thou crowd, along with the feeble minded.
            Everyone has a vice, some drink to much alcohol, some smoke to much (weed, cigs and vape) and others suck to much cock. Whatever it is that people do, is their business, as long as its not affecting my life, fire that shit up, pop that bottle or glow that oil, in the end does it really matter...
            You've also become more moderate yourself in the last few years. I think we're all, or most of us, are "growin up". regardless of age

I've smoked cigs and weed, haven't touched the latter in almost 20yrs, but my back and knee pain now have me seeking alternatives to scripts and otc meds. On top of that, I'm no longer workin where random UA is a thing and live where it's legal. Just got to partake in moderation...

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
              Luckily marijuana/cannabis doesn't have to be smoked in order to receive the benefits. Topical, sublingual, edible, etc. Surely everyone doesn't think that the thousands of children with seizures of all kinds that have been saved by cannabis have been smoking it...

I never disagreed with this.

This thread has primarily been about smoking. I think we all can agree that putting smoke in your lungs is probably not good. I'd be surprised if anyone can name a substance that wouldn't be harmful in the form of smoke in your lungs. My stance has never been that the act of smoking doesn't cause harm, I smoke cigars, I know how it works. It's been shown that long term cannabis smokers have 7% less lung capacity over their lifetime vs someone that doesn't smoke cannabis. A stat someone could bring up in argument against cannabis, but people would rather just play word games and name call.

This is correct and my only argument with you. I think I have been pretty clear that no smoke is good for you. I am just not picking on weed but one day they will be like big tobacco. Fire fighters are learning this the hard way and look at all those soldiers coming back from Iraq that did the burning. Just because there has not been enough studies, to many coincidences on that shit. Where there is smoke....................

My position this entire time, and the same point that some are struggling with is that marijuana/cannabis does not cause cancer, specifically lung cancer, and has actually been shown to reduce some cancers. Anyone can look it up. No one has ever died from a cannabis overdose, also lookupable. Don't believe me? Look it up. It's not up to me to convince anyone of anything, especially here. That's literally never happened.

But you are not clear on this, if you are saying CBD and what ever, then I have an open mind. Not smoking it. Although if you are talking edibles, just remember that shit is weighed as a whole!

All of that being said, it is very difficult to regulate what goes into cannabis and how it's grown. Did the grower use RoundUp? Fuck, you may get cancer just because of that factor alone. What strain is it? Is it high in CBD? High in THCa? Indica or Sativa? Grown outdoor? Indoor? What light source? Nutrients? Additives? Insect control? All of those things affect the potency and composition of each flower, each time it's grown. My point is still the same.

Tru dat

I grew up my whole life against weed. I did the research and found out there is more much more to it. I highly suggest everyone do the same and try to lose the stigma, it affects people differently, and some don't like it, cool. Some claim it makes people lazier and lose ambition, I kinda agree to some degree. I feel it makes the person that is already lazy and struggles with ambition, worse. It's not for everyone. Some people abuse it, it's human nature.

I did not grow up my whole life against it. Some of my relatives specifically moved to where it is legal and got the medical cards. Older people with some sort of issues all ready. I say if it helps them make it though the day, go ahead. Like I said I have dealt with a lot of chronic users before and maybe they were already not very ambitious, maybe not. All were not my repeating criminals though. I am talking, smoking all day, every day.

We won't even get into the legal side of things, but how crazy is it that there are people in prison for 10 years because they had a bag of weed on them, a substance that literally cures cancer (lol). It's insane.

Maybe a brick, or they got their shit revoked for the 20 other crimes they did and got popped. I am a huge fan of criminal justice reform, FYI. I thought about going to work for one of those big ass reform places but most of those include way to liberal SJW's and I can't get on board with all of that shit. I have a little to much toxic masculinity for some of those places.
              WTMF? It is mad I moved the quotes!
              Last edited by kingjason; 08-14-2019, 03:04 PM.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

^^^

and others suck to much cock.
                i love to suck cock, probably more than ruffdaddy, hell i'm sucking a cock right now.
                Last edited by Rick Modena; 08-21-2019, 01:13 PM.
                WH

Comment

• Originally posted by gasser64 View Post
                  i love to suck cock, probably more than ruffdaddy, hell i'm sucking a cock right now.
                  lmfao!

Comment

• Originally posted by gasser64 View Post
                    lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      I love to suck cock, probably more than Ruffdaddy, hell I'm sucking a cock right now.
                      Bwahahahahha!

Comment

• You fuck with the Bull, you get the COCKasaurusmex!

That moron is on the cusp of joining Rodnaynay in the smack...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

You fuck with the Bull, you get the COCKasaurusmex!

That moron is on the cusp of joining Rodnaynay in the smack...
                          I think that edit was a challenge.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                            Anyone can look it up. No one has ever died from a cannabis overdose, also lookupable. Don't believe me? Look it up. It's not up to me to convince anyone of anything, especially here. That's literally never happened.
                            I didn't go to weed college or anything but the blood level in this case was deemed lethal.

The death of a Louisiana woman has been classified as a THC overdose, the first-ever recorded death from a marijuana overdose.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

• Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                              I didn't go to weed college or anything but the blood level in this case was deemed lethal.

https://www.local10.com/news/nationa...s-thc-overdose
                              No one other than the coroner believes that though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                No one other than the coroner believes that though.
                                "National Institute of Drug Abuse also disputes the findings, saying there has never been an adult attributed to THC."

Thankfully they proofread their writing...or maybe they were stoned?
                                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                                86 SVO - Sold
                                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X