Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s your streaming device preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s your streaming device preference?

Wife signed us up for Disney Plus and after I tried and searched and searched it looks like LG Tv’s that aren’t running WebOS 3.0 or newer won’t let you download it and our LG has 1.03 version. I tried updating it and if there was any any other way to update it I would. Butt fuck it, I’ll just grab a streaming device to plug into the tv and rock and roll. My question is are the more expensive ones worth it? At most I was looking at a Roku Ultra, mainly because it’s new and I think won’t lag or be glitchy. What do y’all prefer to use?

I have a Roku 3 and a Roku Ultra. They are both excellent streamers. You can also play games. However, I connect them via Ethernet cable, not Wifi. There is no lag. The Menu GUI is quick and responsive. What's cool about them is the remote is both WiFi Direct and IR. I have my Roku 3 mounted behind the Plasma TV in my living room. Makes for a clean look. And yes, you can get Disney+ on Roku. This channel menu is my Ultra in the small LCD 4K Tv in one of the bedrooms.

Comment

How much does all that shit cost? It looks expensive and doesn't look like its worth cutting the cord?
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I use the Roku Ultra in the living room and the Roku Premiere+ in the bedroom. Both work great.

Comment

We've been using Firesticks, and Plex, but we are also not a heavy viewing family. The occasional movie on the big screen, otherwise it's all the crap my kid finds on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an Apple TV in our bedroom that was a gift. I have a Firestick in my office. They are both fine.

Comment

We use the Amazon Fire downstairs and the Roku3 upstairs in the bedroom. The wife likes the menu and channels on the Roku better so we recently purchased a Roku Ultra for upstairs that I haven't installed yet. Both are currently on wireless and work well most of the time. I'll eventually run a Cat6 cable everywhere throughout the house.

Comment

I used a firestick forever, finally got a tv with roku native to it and I gotta say its 95% of what I need right out of the box.

Comment

Comment

Built in home Network!!!!!!

Comment

I personally have the Roku Streaming stick (not the plus version) and the Amazon Fire tv stick. I prefer the Roku but either would be fine. Also bought google chromecast and could never get it to work. Had to return it to target.

Comment

I'm in the same boat with my LG TV. Was thinking of getting the Fire stick. Is there an advantage of Roku vs Fire?
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I've only used AppleTV and Roku devices....prefer Roku due to interface and its overall flexibility.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                            Is there an advantage of Roku vs Fire?
                            If you read the thread, you'll find the answer to this question. People have expressed that they've had other devices, but end up having a preference to Roku for the reasons stated.

Comment

4K fire sticks, less laggy than older models and you can side load sweet apk’s
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X