No announcement yet.

U.S. Embassy Bagdhad is under attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't blame him for believing it is right around the corner. There are more intelligent people than him who buy into the story. There are even people who are willing to lose tons of money on the idea. God bless them. Personally I believe that there is tons of money to be made by buying energy companies in the stock market because of this widespread belief.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      I don't blame him for believing it is right around the corner. There are more intelligent people than him who buy into the story. There are even people who are willing to lose tons of money on the idea. God bless them. Personally I believe that there is tons of money to be made by buying energy companies in the stock market because of this widespread belief.
      This story was at a fever pitch when I was in college in the early 90s. Every prediction ever made about the energy business since forever, has been wrong. The energy business keeps improving and adapting too.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        The energy business keeps improving and adapting too.
        So much so, we're killing ourselves by extracting more efficiently and more quantity we are flooding the market and it's depressing the price. Good for the consumer though. You'd be amazed at the things we can do to steel pipe and the lengths we're getting. It's quite astonishing that you can sink a string of pipe into the ground and then go laterally 3.5 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          So much so, we're killing ourselves by extracting more efficiently and more quantity we are flooding the market and it's depressing the price. Good for the consumer though. You'd be amazed at the things we can do to steel pipe and the lengths we're getting. It's quite astonishing that you can sink a string of pipe into the ground and then go laterally 3.5 miles.
          I work on a very different side of this business, but I’m always amazed by the naysayers. One of the big reasons we have $2.20 gas again is American ingenuity and the freedom to develop and profit from your labor. There is a reason the rest of the oil producing world comes to us for tech and knowledge. The ways energy is developed, used, produced will change, but to think we can go green in the near future is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            That's not what your article said.
            That'd be why I never said it did. And mentioned doing a search. Cause it didn't.

to pretend the staus quo is going to change next week is disingenuous.
            Jesus. Did you miss the last 10 posts? Next week lol

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            I don't blame him for believing it is right around the corner.
            I mean... sure if you think that 10-15-20 years is "right around the corner". I don't, but you can if you want to. Hell maybe it's 30 or 40 years, who really knows. But it'll happen. Trouble is most of you guys will have died by then.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
              use all the electric cars you want you still have the petrochemical industry and plastics . i first heard these pipe dreams in the 60's and very little has come to pass .
              Reminiscent of the grandiose claims in the 60's that nuclear power plants would generate electricity "too cheap to meter", LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64
                That'd be why I never said it did. And mentioned doing a search. Cause it didn't.
                Your statement, dude, not mine.

Originally posted by Gasser64
                the working time is increasing. The ratio is something like 50Mw in, 500Mw comes out. They've been able to have that work for... I forget but you can easily search and find out exactly. It was something like 4 min, then 16 min, then later 1 hr, then later still 4 hours. Do you really think they're just going to stop? Be realistic man: They all want this so bad they can taste it, and that run time is just going to keep increasing and increasing, until it stays on all the time

Comment

every time gasser64 posts...

Comment

Your statement, dude, not mine.
                    Again, the "search" part would cover that. Not real sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Just watch this, it'll serve as a good enough answer to pretty much all that stuff you said. One last time: No I do not think that this is going to happen right now, as I'm typing this. Or even in the next 5 minutes!

Get Brilliant at http://www.brilliant.org/answerswithjoe/And the first 295 to sign up for a premium account get 20% off every month!Fusion energy has been ab...
                    Last edited by Gasser64; 01-06-2020, 06:53 PM.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                      every time gasser64 posts...

Dude I'm surprised you can even follow the conversation lol. Given some of the shit you've posted over the years...

Do you even understand what we're talking about? Ever heard of fusion? rofl!

Don't act like you even know what we're talking about
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        Dude I'm surprised you can even follow the conversation lol. Given some of the shit you've posted over the years...

Do you even understand what we're talking about? Ever heard of fusion? rofl!

Don't act like you even know what we're talking about

Fuck right off for trying to make other people feel inferior to your wiki knowledge. What, your 0.5% expertise on the subject is better than someone else's 0.4%?

You don't understand it either. Neither do I. Nor does anyone on this board (generally speaking, we do have other engineers and physicists here, but i still doubt anyone has any working knowledge). Knowing that atoms can fuse together which releases energy, and that there are some projects around the world is not the same as understanding. You read articles. You looked at wiki. You might have listened to podcast or two. You haven't put years of academic work into this, so fuck off with the "do you even understand" bullshit.

Out of curiosity, whats the highest level math class you've taken?

Comment

Fuck right off for trying to make other people feel inferior to your wiki knowledge. What, your 0.5% expertise on the subject is better than someone else's 0.4%?

You don't understand it either. Neither do I. Nor does anyone on this board (generally speaking, we do have other engineers and physicists here, but i still doubt anyone has any working knowledge). Knowing that atoms can fuse together which releases energy, and that there are some projects around the world is not the same as understanding. You read articles. You looked at wiki. You might have listened to podcast or two. You haven't put years of academic work into this, so fuck off with the "do you even understand" bullshit.

I wouldn't even waste your time. The guy knows subject matter like Crawfish knows betting.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            I wouldn't even waste your time. The guy knows subject matter like Crawfish knows betting.
                            Trip you want some free picks? I know you want your money back don’t get mad

Comment

I specifically stopped taking physics once it got to the atomic level because I knew I wasn’t smart enough to understand it. I do still laugh about the cold fusion hoax though, because one thing is for sure, fusion generates a lot of heat (see Sun).

I do know a tiny bit more about the energy business though, particularly hydrocarbon sourced. There is a reason why I have contracts that will end after I retire. This business isn’t going anywhere for a long time. Green energy sources are great and the way of the future, but the technology and innovation and ease of use is far behind the hydrocarbon business. Texas has scads of idle wind power generators. It’s a lot easier to get oil and gas from Odessa to Dallas than it is windpower from Amarillo and it’s cheaper. Until that changes, this green energy ideal is still a dream. It’s a working dream, but things still need improved upon.

Comment

The reply to this one will be great. I work in engineering (though not an engineer because I just grew tired of mathing all the time in school), and I can keep up with structural stuff extremely well. That being said, a colleague of mine made the statement years ago that I'm really good at playing dumb.

Most people that have knowledge do not feel the need to always prove so. You are great at that in that when you post something, it is thorough and filled with facts or states otherwise if needed. Gasser on the other hand just spouts random shit and decries he's an expert. It cracks me up to see "go search it" in his posts. I am sure his response to this one will be gold...

Comment

Working...
                                X