WOW or Primera Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    Nope and the commercial airlines fly slower to save money so a private one will usually be going 50-100 mph faster.
    Speed has nothing to do with a rough ride. The reason Biz jets are smoother is because they generally fly higher. 99% of the time it gets smoother in the lower tropopause. Its height also varies with the seasons; highest in the summer and lowest in the winter.
    In a swept wing jet at high altitude we have buffet boundary charts. The rougher the ride(chop) the wing will be closer to stall because of degrade of lift.(boundary layer separation) Your low/high speed convergence(coffin corner) is dependant on several factors, temp(ISA), weight, turbulence, for each specific aircraft.

At high altitude you will notice we request lower just about all the time when it gets rough, this is done because we do not want to increase our stall speed at altitude. Passenger comfort is also a consideration.

Comment

Lufthansa is the best economy I have flown. Someone already mentioned Emirates or Qatar, I've heard they are the best of the best.

We didn't get our upgrade to Germany and were placed in economy on our way over. It wasn't bad at all. Seat pitch was good, lots of leg room, they fed us three times and the kids meal for my son was corn dogs for dinner and strawberry pancakes for breakfast.

So far thought, Polaris BizFirst has been the way to travel for my family. Too bad UA just raised saverrate reward levels again to 60K for Europe.

Comment

I have gone to Germany on Lufthansa several times. As much as I love my airline,AA. The service received on the above mentioned airlines are light years better than we offer. Granted we are striving for better, more luxurious accommodations, cost is a factor in our capitalistic market. A lot of European carriers are funded by the sponsoring governments. We (USA) however, do not participate in this practice.

Emirates and Qatar are at the top of the list for the best to travel on. After 9-11, we furloughed several thousand pilots in our downsizing. Many went to Emirates and absolutely love it there. Most passed recall when asked to come back.
        Starting $$ for a new-hire at Emirates is in excess of 100k plus end of year bonuses. Top senior Captains make excess of 1/2mil plus bonuses.

If I had to do it again, Cathay Pacific would be my airline of choice to work for.
        Last edited by likeitfast55; 12-07-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I fly international a lot for work. Emirates and Qatar are the best but going to Dubai straight from DFW to get anywhere else stinks. Lufthansa hubs in Frankfurt and has short flights all over Europe from there on a continual basis. When I take the wife to Europe for our 10th annual we will take LH. I'm trying to squeeze a few laps around the 'ring into the plan but they may end up as a solo trip one year.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            I only fly BA, Lufthansa, emirates and qatar. I haven't even heard of this two.....
            British Airways fly junk. If American Airlines would only approach their business like at customer service company...
            2006 Civic SI
            2009 Pilot
            1988 GT
            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
              Serious question, have you ever flown before?

I LUV Southwest but to suggest they have better planes or more luxury is hilarious. SWA only flies the 737 and also doesn’t offer first class or assigned seating. Again not knocking a company I really like
              Business select, brah. Grab the first seat on the right, and mean mug everyone that looks at the seat next to you.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I think I am going to spend the extra money and go with one of the more well known and higher rated airlines. We flew to Venice back in September and had an excellent DFW to London flight on American but the British Airways flight out of London to and from Venice was crap. I wouldn't mind it on the shorter legs but not for 9 hours. I really should know better because both of the airlines I asked about are the international version of Spirit and my two flights with them were horrible.

Comment

Working...
                X