No announcement yet.

Mini-tubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: is it necessary to run a pre-pump filter or is a post-pump (40 micron) filter acceptable? I see the want for a pre-filter but I'm building brand new everything. It just sucks because all the filters I'm finding are at least $100/ea and I'd need 2 of them. Sheesh!
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• http://www.racepartsolutions.com/ind...?custom_f_2625[0]=525053204675656c2046696c74657273&Itemid=564

Comment

• I got most of the fuel system pieces, turns out that Edelbrock changed my fuel rails and didn't update my box so I bought the wrong adapters. So now I need to pick up some o-ring, straight cut -6AN fittings.

Side note, I picked up a new roller cam and link bar lifters. Lunati 51025 .535/.544 284/290 114LSA Should sound pretty good and be a big improvement over the Isky 262 flat tappet cam I have.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Pre-filter for sure... thats if you want your pump to last longer...

Comment

• Ya I got a 100 micron and 40 micron filters.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
              Question: is it necessary to run a pre-pump filter or is a post-pump (40 micron) filter acceptable? I see the want for a pre-filter but I'm building brand new everything. It just sucks because all the filters I'm finding are at least $100/ea and I'd need 2 of them. Sheesh!
              Smileys has some filters for 45$ What I'm using with my a1000

Comment

• I got these, -8AN In/Out for like $40/ea

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Where from i still need to buy some as well. I like that most come with mounts.

Comment

• Race car parts

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Wheres the updates

Comment

• Gotta work on it for updates.... daily race car issues lol

Comment

• V-bands installed on the headers, crossover pipe roughed in, oil drain fitted. I still need to mount the wastegate and plumb the intercooler hoses. I also notched the DS shock tower to fit the header and started welding up holes in the bay. I'm still trying to decide what direction I want to go with for underhood color schemes.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• awesome

So what's up with the other stang. You take it apart yet or still driving it?

Comment

• It's got new head gaskets now, runs soooooo much better. Had 2 cylinders blown out lol

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Made some minor progress, started laying out injector harness and fuel lines, radiator hoses, turbo oil drain and other misc items.

Might hide the coil back here, I'll need to fab up an aluminum bracket to support it.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                                X