Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump's Budget Will Eliminate Food Stamps!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
    It used to

Government cheese was a real thing.
    To all that pointed this out - yeah - I really phrased it wrong.

It's a simple common sense approach. The people who are REALLY hungry and/or trying to feed their kids will not be ashamed to leverage this option.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
      "100 percent American grown food"
      That needs to mean "You wanna eat, get out there and grow your own food". Hopefully this is some kind of strategy that ends up destroying the program completely in the long run. I wanna see that and all the rest gone from the face of the earth.
      WH

Comment

Ok so it really isn't going away, just changing from card to food rations. Us taxpayers with jobs are still paying to feed others. Title is a bit misleading, I thought the entire program was being shut down and got a little excited.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Yippee!!!!!

Comment

I think WIC and SNAP are getting mixed together here. SNAP is a debit card where you can buy anything you can eat pretty much. WIC gets loaded with specific types of food.

Both could stand to be revised but SNAP is the one that's heavily abused.

Comment

I have always said that I could DOUBLE the amount of food given to a family, and I woiuld cut the cost per family in half. Set up the system to be governed by BAR CODES. Only allow oatmeal, grits, dry peas, dry pinto beans, dry butter beans, corn meal, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, pastas, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, spam, sardines, vienna sausage, potted meat and only powdered milk. The BAR CODES would bet set to only accept these items. The Lone star Card could still be used. Hungry people could eat pretty good. THey would just have to cook it. If any store was caught trying to fool the system, their ability to accept the Lone Star Card would be revoked for life. That would "Bring the milk down".

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
                I have always said that I could DOUBLE the amount of food given to a family, and I would cut the cost per family in half. Set up the system to be governed by BAR CODES. Only allow oatmeal, grits, dry peas, dry pinto beans, dry butter beans, corn meal, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, pastas, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, spam, sardines, vienna sausage, potted meat and only powdered milk. The BAR CODES would bet set to only accept these items. The Lone star Card could still be used. Hungry people could eat pretty good. They would just have to cook it. If any store was caught trying to fool the system, their ability to accept the Lone Star Card would be revoked for life. That would "Bring the milk down".
                I believe you are totally correct and could drop the cost even more after some experience tweaking the system.

Why only powdered milk? The government buys normal milk by the truck load and pours it down the drain to keep prices up.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

One thing I heard was that by doing away with the cards and sending food direct, the gubment could buy in bulk at wholesale prices, instead of individual people buying retail.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                    One thing I heard was that by doing away with the cards and sending food direct, the gubment could buy in bulk at wholesale prices, instead of individual people buying retail.
                    The government already buys in bulk to keep prices stable and they warehouse the food for awhile and then thow it away. The warehouses are in 33 states and are so damn big you would have sore feet just by walking around one a single time.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

We should all be buying American grown food... send the food stamp people some cheap Korean cow meat.

Comment

The powdered milk would be easier to keep. If we distribute actual food to the food stampers, you would have a whole new government agency with more civil service workers and the risk of theft and a "Good Old Boy" network would develop. Keep the retail stores in the loop, just lower the amount spent.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                          Short of nationalizing Walmart and using drones to deliver I don't see how it'd be possible. The federal government can't even feed it's soldiers without hiring private contractors.

This is sales tactic by a master negotiator. He knows he can't end SNAP but he can get the poverty pimps in congress to the negotiating table.

Comment

How about get a fucking job!!! Yay im a damn genius!!! Half these fuckers have been on gubment aid for decades. Fuck em

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                                How about get a fucking job!!! Yay im a damn genius!!! Half these fuckers have been on gubment aid for decades. Fuck em
                                Not to go all bleeding heart on you, but there are people (mentally disabled for example), that even if they have a menial job, it's not really enough to live on.

I'm all for the able bodied/able minded to get off their ass and stop taking handouts, but there are exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X