Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hillary Clinton Thinks Moral Of ‘1984’ Is That We Should Trust The Government / Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary Clinton Thinks Moral Of ‘1984’ Is That We Should Trust The Government / Media

Holy. Shit. We dodged a big fucking bullet on this one.

Hillary Clinton Thinks Moral Of ‘1984’ Is That We Should Trust The Government And Media

9:55 AM 09/13/2017

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s campaign memoir includes a questionable interpretation of the central lesson of George Orwell’s novel “1984,” namely that individuals should trust those in positions of authority.

Clinton’s memoir “What Happened,” released Tuesday, suggests the goal of the government-sanctioned torture featured prominently in Orwell’s novel is to erode trust in the authoritarian overlords who control all aspects of society. This perspective is diametrically opposed to the central lesson most readers have drawn from the book since it was published in 1949.

“Attempting to define reality is a core feature of authoritarianism. This is what the Soviets did when they erased political dissidents from historical photos. This is what happens in George Orwell’s classic novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, when a torturer holds up four fingers and delivers electric shocks until his prisoner sees five fingers as ordered. The goal is to make you question logic and reason and to sow mistrust toward exactly the people we need to rely on: our leaders, the press, experts who seek to guide public policy based on evidence, ourselves. For Trump, as with so much he does, it’s about simple dominance.”

There is no shortage of attempts to conform the lessons of “1984” to a range of modern political contexts, but Clinton’s interpretation stretches the broad limits of literary interpretation.

The origin of Clinton’s counterintuitive interpretation of the work is unclear. Somehow, after reading a terrifying account of government overreach creeping into every aspect of human life and choice, Clinton drew the lesson that individuals should be able to trust the government, and society’s various information gatekeepers.

A number of Clintons’ fellow Democrats have condemned the contents of the campaign memoir as unnecessarily divisive and derided her for the timing of its release. One former Clinton staffer told Politico that Clinton’s book release and the resulting news cycle was her “final torture” for the party.

That shit would have led to a new civil war, I can promise you.

Comment

I don't know about a civil war but I don't think she would have lasted a full term. She'd be overwhelmed trying to keep up with all the deals she made as SOS and all of the pardons her brothers promised.

Comment

Of course this how she thinks. It's how all globalists think. They know bestvwhat you need....,

Comment

I am so looking for the day they put her in the ground so I can go take a big dump on her grave.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
            I am so looking for the day they put her in the ground so I can go take a big dump on her grave.
            X2; plan on a road trip.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

We should force her to live under those conditions. She likes legalized theft so much, drain her bank accounts and force her to go work some job she's qualified for such as walmart door greeter. Then take 3/4 of the pay and tell her its for the greater good, the government needs that money a lot more than she does. Make sure to tell her its going to welfare dupes who won't work.
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                She'll probably be cremated, lest someone honor the Ancient Roman tradition of digging up her bones and throwing them in the Tiber, or in our case, the river nearest her gravesite.

Comment

Working...
                X