Greyhound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyhound

Anybody catch this yet? Would have loved to have seen this in the theater on IMAX. Action begins around the 10 minute mark and doesn't let up till the end. Kinda early to say but this may be in the top 5 of Naval war movies IMO.

Just watched it and I enjoyed it.

Comment

Wife and I loved it, and she hates war movies.

She kept commenting how she didn't know how they did it, no way she would be on a ship in the middle of nowhere with subs hunting them.

Comment

How/where did ya'll find the movie to watch it?

Comment

Iirc its on Apple tv or some shit. Hopefully it gets pirated to Netflix or the like...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Iirc its on Apple tv or some shit. Hopefully it gets pirated to Netflix or the like...
            It's on Plex.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              It's on Plex.
              You have to have an account on Plex? I don't see it.

Man, I'd hate to create yet another streaming account.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I got you bro

Comment

I'll wait for Netflix or RedBox I guess..at least then I'll get the full DTS experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    I'll wait for Netflix or RedBox I guess..at least then I'll get the full DTS experience.
                    DTS vs eac3
                    DTS uses a completely different algorithm and much higher bit rates than AC3 does. DTS is usually louder than AC3 and studies have shown that all things being equal, most people will perceive a louder sound as being higher quality than the exact same sound at a lower volume. Both are lossy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      DTS vs eac3
                      DTS uses a completely different algorithm and much higher bit rates than AC3 does. DTS is usually louder than AC3 and studies have shown that all things being equal, most people will perceive a louder sound as being higher quality than the exact same sound at a lower volume. Both are lossy.

I've noticed that with my Aventage receiver DTS seems to be lower volume than AC3, but I think DTS generally sounds better than AC3. My setup is only 5.1 due to space available..but I have pretty good main speakers so I like the sound.

Comment

Then you'd enjoy this perfectly. We did on our 7.1 and 12' projection setup. :biggrin:

Comment

Working...
                        X