Muffler shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
    Ah, looking at that pic I'd say you *could* cut out the joints and weld in the cats there like they are placed on mine, or possibly just upstream of the joint on the down pipes after it turns left there.

Exactly! I just need to bring the car down to see how the exhaust sits....if it makes a difference.
    .....bro....

Comment

Oh yeah, there’s room...
      .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
        Shorties on a lowered 95.
        Who needs cats on a 95? Isn’t it no emission now?
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

It is but I’m tired of smelling like exhaust. A little is fine but not this much.
          .....bro....

Comment

I think we could make that work... they are most efficient closer to the engine where it's hotter, so lifespan might be impacted that far back, but it'll be better than nothing and easy/cheap to replace if you have to. I'm still willing to help, just might not be as easy as mine was when it was off the car and flat on the ground.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Fuel fragrance?

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                Fuel fragrance?

More like parfume de toilette.

But yeah, you’re right. It might take some finagling so I decided I’d take it to a place I used to go to back in the day. It’s a bit of a drive but I’m sure they’re not charging these ridiculous prices and if they do, they’ll probably end up doing more than necessary. They usually go above and beyond. Thanks for offering to help me though, reminds me of back in the old forum days when folks would offer to help out all the time.
                .....bro....

Comment

Fo Sho man... if I can help out I will be happy to.

Stevo

Comment

It is best to put it on a lift and do it on the car. If you have the means to expand one side of the pipe and slip the cat inside of the expanded pipe so you aren't butt welding, it makes the welding so easy that Ray Charles could do it.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      It is best to put it on a lift and do it on the car. If you have the means to expand one side of the pipe and slip the cat inside of the expanded pipe so you aren't butt welding, it makes the welding so easy that Ray Charles could do it.
                      Those cats should be the same as what I put on mine... and they slip perfectly over the 2.5" exhaust I had as that is the I.D. of them, made welding them nice and easy.

Stevo

Comment

Muffler shop

Driver side of the exhaust has always been touching the car, I had to bang it in so it wouldn’t rattle. Long story short, this is the 3rd time an exhaust shop has suggested that I may have the wrong H pipe on there. I just might have to send these Cats back and start looking for new exhaust [emoji3064]
                        I never realized but I have a 3 piece h pipe. Is that normal?
                        Last edited by A+; 08-01-2020, 06:43 PM.
                        .....bro....

Comment

I've not seen a 3 piece before, but... who knows.

Stevo

Comment

I have a hack saw and jb weld. WTF is stopping you bro?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                              I have a hack saw and jb weld. WTF is stopping you bro?
                              Lmfao! Dick

Comment

You got a bro point there, bro. And I got a few extra left over clamps. Maybe I’ll use pieces of the exhaust that’s coming out of my clothes dryer. Bro.[emoji848]
                                .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                                X