Shop for tuning with Anderson PMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop for tuning with Anderson PMS

Is there a preferred shop to get a dyno tune that will use the PMS system I have? I'm not very confident with my ability to tune the car and it came with the PMS system.

Most places I've read up on seem to use chips to tune with. Anywhere in the DFW area is fine I'm about 100 miles northeast of Dallas and no matter what it will be a drive.

Car is an 89 with a vortech v-3 si, Dart pro-1 heads, and bbk ssi intake. Just don't want to mess it up we've already melted out the heads between 2 cylinders and had to have them fixed, not looking to repeat that mistake.

Thanks

Does Anderson recommend anyone? Can it be tuned online, remotely?

Comment

As far as I know remote tuning isn't possible, but I'm not certain. I'm awaiting a reply from Anderson on recommendations hopefully they'll give some good information.

Comment

I don't know of anyone that works with it anymore. Might check with truestreet in McKinney or hpp in lewisville. They would be your best shot.

Comment

It could be tuned remotely. But I can appreciate reluctance to do it.

Comment

I'll give those places a call and see if they are willing to mess with.

If remote tuning is possible and capable I'm willing to use it I just am unfamiliar with this aspect of the car hobby. This is the first car I've messed with that was fuel injected and the first I've had that's supercharged.

Thanks for the responses so far, all help is appreciated.

Comment

I bet Travis can.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Gearheads is the last one I'm waiting to hear back from. I've called all the other shops around I could find and none wanted to touch the PMS.

I guess I'm at a point of learning to do it myself or selling the system and taking it to a shop to have a tune done. I'm mostly concerned with street manners I'd hate to get tired of the car due to annoying things that happen while trying to enjoy a drive.

Thanks for the suggestions and if there anything else I should consider the information is appreciated.

Comment

Get with Lonestar Performance in Addison
                  Two in the pink and one in the stink

Comment

PM Jetfast50
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      PM Jetfast50
                      x2

Comment

Thank you all, I'll look into all suggestions and see what can be done.

Comment

It's + or minus fuel and spark. It isn't as good a lot of other set ups, but pretty simple. I always had issue with idle fuel. Still have one somewhere. Full throttle was pretty easy.

Comment

What size injectors and what air meter?

Comment

It has 42lb injectors and the maf is an abaco dbx, I believe the pump is larger than stock but I'm not certain. I've got a 340lph pump to put in it but haven't. The fuel rails and regulator are bbk as well.

I also have the inter acq data logging and tuning software that goes with the pms.

Comment

Working...
                              X