Anyone cryptocurrency mine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man this shit is frustrating.
    I've got a little liquid cash to invest in this right now, but I cannot open a fucking account on coinbase.
    I'm in Iraq, and even though i have a US IP somehow they know, and wont let me set up my bank account information, says my country is blocked.
    There is a way to validate that I'm from the US by scanning a passport, but then I get an error saying they cant accept US passports.. I'm missing the damn boat!
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
      I've got a little liquid cash to invest in this right now, but I cannot open a fucking account on coinbase.
      I'm in Iraq, and even though i have a US IP somehow they know, and wont let me set up my bank account information, says my country is blocked.
      There is a way to validate that I'm from the US by scanning a passport, but then I get an error saying they cant accept US passports.. I'm missing the damn boat!
      Use other ones. Like this:

Gemini makes crypto simple. Find, Trade and Buy over 70 coins including bitcoin on the best cryptocurrency platform. Start trading crypto here.

But if that one doesn't work, just google 'buy bitcoin with usd'. There must be a hundred other ones out there. One of 'em is bound to work. You can even buy it direct from bittrex now, and then you don't even have to transfer it to an exchange. It will just already be there.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
        How many do you want? If you wire me the cash I'll get you the coins.

The problem with US run exchanges is they are VERY strict because they have to abide by laws and they dont want no trouble. They most likely block any VPN service.

Comment

We're waiting on anonymous decentralized exchanges. Several of them are in the works, but more than that are likely to appear because platforms are being built that would promote/support them. Waves comes to mind.
          WH

Comment

AMD kicking out new software for mining....
            Graphics card (GPU) maker AMD is rolling out a new software driver geared specifically toward cryptocurrency mining.
            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

So Coinbase then? Just buy $10k worth of Bitcoin and call it a day?

I just started with this crap.....
              What a time to be alive

Comment

I have a coworker that use to use the bit mining machines. Now he uses some cloud bases system. I could never figure out how that stuff works...guess I'll be poor forever!

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                  So Coinbase then? Just buy $10k worth of Bitcoin and call it a day?

I just started with this crap.....
                  What a time to be alive
                  You can use coinbase, but their fees are higher than others like the one in the link I posted. Also if you have an issue, don't expect any support. Like any at all. It doesn't exist. There are lots of alternatives out there to coinbase. I haven't looked into it myself, but I read somewhere that Bittrex (american exchange) will take dollars for bitcoin. That might be the best way to go, since your bitcoin would just appear on the exchange and then you at least wouldn't have to pay the transfer speeds to get it to bittrex from coinbase.

Currently I'm still in safex, and probably will be for a least a year. They're down around 1 cent right now, so its a good time to buy. It was 2.5 cents about 3 weeks ago. They still have a lot to announce and a good ways to go. My hope is that it will see $0.50 or $1.00 when the exchange is finished and everything is up and running.

Another good one to look at is district0x. Very solid project with a good and proven team of developers. I bought it at 14.5 cents, and now its down to 10 cents. Ain't skeered, you gotta have brass balls for this as they'll all tell you. No brass balls means you will definitely lose money, because you'll get scared and sell at a loss. Then it seems that what typically happens, is a month goes by and it goes up so high you could've paid off your damn car. It was up at 26 cents for a bit, so odds are with a project like that, its going back there and likely a good deal beyond. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see that one eventually go to a dollar or more.

For someone who wants to just play it safe and get a decent coin for dirt cheap, I'd go with Reddcoin. Again not associated with Reddit. For a couple hundred bucks you can get nearly 200,000 reddcoins, and their roadmap shows completions in Q4 of 2017, and again sometime in Q1 of 2018. So with those announcements of certain portions of the project being completed, I expect the price to rise. You'd have to read up on it but iirc, the main dev was saying that he expects the project to be finished sometime towards the end of Q3 2018. He also said that he's not sure if reddcoin will ever be a high dollar coin, as the coin itself is used for tipping other people on blogs and any/all other social media. So I'm still trying to work out how high it will actually go. I would say definitely under $1. $0.50 would be pretty high. Realistically probably somewhere along the lines of $0.10, but with all the money that is going to be pouring into crypto in the next 5 years, you never know. And its just so cheap right now that you'll still do quite well once it is completed.
                  Last edited by Gasser64; 08-31-2017, 07:16 PM.
                  WH

Comment

Here's a little more on district0x. I bought $6300 worth.

You'll notice that district0x (like 98% of all cryptos) is heavily libertarian by nature. Most of them have a very strong theme of decentralization, no middle men, kill banks, kill taxes, and death to spying and data collection.
                    WH

Comment

Im looking for a new exchange to buy cryptos. Coinbase is ridiculous fees. Bittrex doesnt support USD to coin. Ive read this thread and seen a few others. My concern is there are so many articles over exchanges that ran off with peoples money. I guess the thing to do is simply buy it there, then transfer it out to cold storage or another wallet asap?

Comment

bad timing. The story of my life.

Comment

I've used GDAX and Coinbase with some success even with the fees. Takes a bit to get setup. I don't leave money for long.
                          sigpic

Comment

So is anyone actually mining? Or know anyone who is mining?
                            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by houstondallas View Post
                              Im looking for a new exchange to buy cryptos. Coinbase is ridiculous fees. Bittrex doesnt support USD to coin. Ive read this thread and seen a few others. My concern is there are so many articles over exchanges that ran off with peoples money. I guess the thing to do is simply buy it there, then transfer it out to cold storage or another wallet asap?

Bittrex is american, but I guess you never know. They have to comply with the SEC so maybe they're insured? But yeah offline storage is best. You can do a desktop wallet, or get something better like a trezor. Some people even do those paper wallets but those things make me nervous. You print out all your bitcoin, but what if it had a flaw? What if for some reason it couldn't be read? Maybe since you technically still control the private keys, it wouldn't matter and you'd just print another one that actually worked.

Desktop wallets are probably the most common. I was thinking of having all my wallets on a different dedicated hard drive, and then just put the money in them and disconnect the hard drive. That would protect against real time hacks, if that ever really happens to average people lol. They told me doing that wouldn't necessarily help, because you get malware that just sits there and waits for you to log back into a wallet, then records your info that way and then they've got the money. So all in all, paper wallets and stuff like Trezor are probably the only truely safe way.

There are much cheaper alternatives to coinbase out there. Searching around (there is even one posted in this thread) will reveal them but some of them are in wherethefuckistan which also makes me nervous. I'm starting to get used to it though, and starting to think that being nervous about anything crypto is just the way its gonna be. It looks like if you want secure, go with banks and their shitty services. As for fees, I was told to forget about the fees, its part of doing business and there will always bee fees, for everything. Buy = fee. Sell = fee. Trade any of it... fee. Just have to make sure your gains make the fees look like pennies and make it totally worth it.
                              Last edited by Gasser64; 09-07-2017, 11:47 PM.
                              WH

Comment

Bitcoin plummets?

Comment

Working...
                                X