Wayne Madsen: China Fired Missile Seen In Southern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevo
    Not sure where you got this information, but the Jin class is a modern nuclear sub, of which China has at least three. China has had nuclear subs in service since the early 70's, and these new boats are their third generation. The first one in this class sailed in 2004. 12 ballistic missiles each with multiple warheads or a single warhead up to 1000 kiloton. Just for reference, the ones we dropped in japan were 15 kiloton.

Do not make the mistake of thinking China is still some back-woods third world country. They are increasing the size of their blue-water navy yearly.

Stevo

Thanks for the correction... That's what happens when I don't read all the way through...

Actually, it supports my theory even more...
    Nuke boats are generally easier to track via passive sonar than diesels.

In most respects, there is no reason we wouldn't hear them coming by more means than one...

And no, I don't think China is still a back woods country militarily... Hell, they practically own the US in many ways, just not in this one... YET

And actually, the next generation diesel-electric hybrid subs will be quiet and can stay down for much longer periods, so we better keep up with the "Jones's" so to speak... Nukes may not always be the top of the heap in many respects....
    Last edited by Gargamel; 11-14-2010, 08:31 PM.

Comment

A have a bit of knowledge about nuclear powered submarines myself.

Our ability to track submarines isn't nearly as good as anyone thinks. The ability of other countries to track submarines is just plain laughable.

Once anything is a few hundred feet under the surface of the ocean it is pretty much invisible and gone from the world as far as humans are concerned.

And if that was a jet making a contrail.... it would've made two or three distinct contrails (one for each engine). That is just one single big fat contrail....

Comment

They were filming Iron Man 3.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

It was a figment of our imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2
            They were filming Iron Man 3.
            Iron Man is real... he was on a secret mission. At least get your facts straight...

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS
              A have a bit of knowledge about nuclear powered submarines myself.

Our ability to track submarines isn't nearly as good as anyone thinks. The ability of other countries to track submarines is just plain laughable.

Once anything is a few hundred feet under the surface of the ocean it is pretty much invisible and gone from the world as far as humans are concerned.

And if that was a jet making a contrail.... it would've made two or three distinct contrails (one for each engine). That is just one single big fat contrail....
              Right. This is what you'll see coming from the Reagan Test Site on the Wake Atoll. I shoot a few videos when I get there next year.

Comment

The FAA radar would have the evidence that this is a jet. They should just release the radar information.
                class joke
                {
                private:
                char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                double Peas, Carrots;
                string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                };

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog
                  The FAA radar would have the evidence that this is a jet. They should just release the radar information.

Give 'em time, obama's birth certificate wasn't created in a day either.

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Stevo
                    Now THAT is a great post!

Comment

Stevo

I LOL'd....

Comment

Working...
                      X