Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a catch can?
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
      The BOVs have been known to develop leaks too. May not be your issue, just an fyi. 2015 SHO here. Love my SCT handheld for this exact reason.
      I actually picked it back up and they didn't fix the issue. Long story short, the tech told me he didn't have time to troubleshoot my truck even though the issue was present and easily reproducible on the road. Something about warranty not paying diag time. I opened a case with corporate, filed a complaint with my local dealer, and will be taking it to another place (45 min away) when I find the time. Guess I got a new CAC hose out of the deal though.. But I agree, and honestly it sounds like a BOV failure but aforementioned tech swore up and down they were actuating properly, I asked if he confirmed the pressure they were opening at but this dude was dumb as rocks so I didn't get much ground covered with him before giving up.

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      man i changed my own oil for the first time in decades....that shit smelled so strongly of gas, i could have poured the old oil back in the tank! i guess i will be heading to the ford house. 2014 fx2 ecoboost.

god bless.
      Yeah dude, take it in and get them to do the TSB. If they argue with you about it tell them that the oil level has been rising over the course of 1-2k. Reference the 15-xxxx TSB number I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Get a catch can?
      I didn't, however that will be next on the list after I get this thing sorted out. Supposedly the new flash and stuff helps eliminate the need for one, however, I haven't seen any reason NOT to put one on.

Will update when I get it into the new dealer and hear something back. thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Comment

It may be a bit out of your way but Charlie Mann at Southwest Ford in Hudson Oaks is THE only guy I go to.

3000 Fort Worth Hwy, Weatherford, TX 76087

Tell him I sent you.

Edit: Mod friendly, just don't upgrade the turbos
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Appreciate that, but I live in Virginia now.

Comment

Lol, my bad

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
              I checked the oil this morning and noticed it smells pretty strong of gas. Only about 1300 miles on this oil change too. It's at the dealer now, so we'll see what they say.
              Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              man i changed my own oil for the first time in decades....that shit smelled so strongly of gas, i could have poured the old oil back in the tank! i guess i will be heading to the ford house. 2014 fx2 ecoboost.

god bless.
              Get a catch can?
              This or change your oil more frequently to prevent any pre-detonation. Catch can is on my list of things to do. For now I'm just changing the oil more frequently and using Ford Semi Synthetic rather than the normal full synthetic that I normally do. Haven't experience any problems but I don't like it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                This or change your oil more frequently to prevent any pre-detonation. Catch can is on my list of things to do. For now I'm just changing the oil more frequently and using Ford Semi Synthetic rather than the normal full synthetic that I normally do. Haven't experience any problems but I don't like it either.
                I've changed @ 5k since it was new but when I noticed the gas smell my oil only had a little over 1k on it. I run whatever the manual says, 5-20 and the fl820s filter (I think).

Comment

I've changed @ 5k since it was new but when I noticed the gas smell my oil only had a little over 1k on it. I run whatever the manual says, 5-20 and the fl820s filter (I think).
                  I can't really tell from your post but have you been changing it yourself since new or was this the first time you changed it? Also are you saying that you've always checked the oil regularly and this is the first time you noticed the smell?

Comment

Sorry - it's been changed every 5k at the Ford house since new. I've checked the level here and there for road trips but never actually smelled the oil until this last time when I noticed the gas odor.

Comment

Sorry - it's been changed every 5k at the Ford house since new. I've checked the level here and there for road trips but never actually smelled the oil until this last time when I noticed the gas odor.
                      I bought my 2012 last summer with 32K miles on it. The first oil change I didn't do myself but I've done it since the second one starting every 5K miles and now every 3-4K miles. I've noticed the smell since the first oil change that I did. I Google'd it and found out that it was "normal" for the EcoBoost motors but not necessarily for the other Ford DI motors. My Lincoln MKZ has the same 3.5 L V6 sans the turbos and I have no such issues with fuel oil dilution. Next mod will be the oil separator.

Comment

I'd send in a sample to Blackstone Labs. They can tell you how much fuel is in the oil and also what they are seeing in similar vehicles.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Guys on the EB and F150 forums are reporting results back from blackstone in the 4-5% range for fuel dilution. there's no way in hell I could be convinced that 5% fuel/oil dilution is acceptable.

FI + DI engines are going to suffer from some, and I understand that. but adding 1-2 qts of fluid over a 5-10k interval is just fucking nuts.

Comment

I guess I need to add a catch can to the EB, i've changed the oil at 4500 miles with Mobil 1 Syn 5-30 w/FoMoCo filter and I'm going on right at 6k miles now. We do mostly highway and very little WOT. I didn't notice any gas smell the first time, but I'll be keeping an eye nose out for any gas smell.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                            X