4bangen's 72 Rivi FINALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    Only reason it's still on there is because my grandpa put it on there 20 years ago.
    Ok, that’s pretty cool.

And those wheels are rad. Nice choice.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      Ok, that’s pretty cool.

And those wheels are rad. Nice choice.
      I'd like to still rock a white wall with the bigger wheel, but think thats going to be pretty hard to do.

Comment

Save this company's info for future use. They might have the hard to find "widget" you are missing.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pt...004096527.html

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
          Save this company's info for future use. They might have the hard to find "widget" you are missing.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pt...004096527.html
          DAMN! I wish I'd have found that first.

Comment

Been so busy with work and the family, I've had to put most of my hobbies on hold. When I get a little free time I end up having to pick one over the others to have a little fun. Well Sunday morning I came up with a plan to have double the fun and loaded the Buick up with my rc gear and took a drive to the field. I think the car and the planes got jealous though... The car kicked my ass with a plugged fuel filter, then a few miles down the road a cut fuel line. ended up showing up to the field smelling like gas and dirty. then once there I was letting a friend fly one of my planes and he had a fly away. took over an hour to find the thing. all and all despite everything I did in fact have a great time. I think I'm going to have to do this more often.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

So I' fairly certain I found my wheel for the car. Now I just need to pick a size. I'm looking at maybe a 17" staggered fit, like an 8' wide in the front and a 10" in the rear. Coolcat has a wheel fitment tool he's going to let me use to really flush things out. Plan for now is bags, wheels exhaust, then enjoy.

http://us-mags.com/wildcat-u727-w-11243.htm
                Nice looking replica rallye wheels but I'm sure they are pricey. I want some forged wheels also because they are lighter and stronger. I like the style of advan wheels though I have no extra budget right now.

Comment

Been so busy with work and the family, I've had to put most of my hobbies on hold. When I get a little free time I end up having to pick one over the others to have a little fun.
                  Paint that thing man! Even if it is just the factory color.
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Paint that thing man! Even if it is just the factory color.
                    I'd love to, but that's going to be a hell of a project to get this yacht strait enough for paint. Won't have time for that for a while.

Comment

• Well things haven't moved as fast on the car as I would have liked but I have been driving it every chance I get. Ad I think I may have found the direction I want to take the build, even though it sounds completely retarded. I want to go with conservative pro touring build. Basically I want it to be a well handling street car that I can have some fun at an autoX here and there. It already has plenty of power, I just need to bring the chassis up to par with the engine. First round of mods being...

*quicker steering gear box
                      *springs to get it lower
                      *Limited slip rear end
                      *larger and wider wheels
                      *shocks
                      *sway bars
                      *EFI system and electronic ignition

I figure with these mods the car will be a riot to drive and look great even looking like hell as it does now. Speaking of how it looks, I'm still trying to figure out where I want to go in that department. Right now I'm leaning toward a deep chocolate brown gloss with gloss black bumpers and trim. But it's going to be a long long time before I start body and paint.

In other Buick related news, I'm proud to say my kid drove it for the first time Saturday. This is a big deal because as I've stated before, my grandma used to sneak me out and taught me to drive this thing when I was 13 years old. My little girl turns 14 next month, so we just made it. we both wanted her to be the same age when she got behind the wheel of this thing. She has driven my 16 GT a decent amount so it's not quite the same for her as it was me, but she was still awe struck by the size and torque of this thing. It was funny to hear her go all Jeremy Clarkson on it with her gripes: "steering's slow, brakes are crap, and it leans way to much into the corners."
                      But we had so much fun. She's made a list of driving skills she wants mastered before she turns 15, and knowing my kid, she's going to work hard at hitting her goals. All and all best weekend with the car to date. can't wait for the next one.

Comment

• Dude, that is awesome. Got yourself a little gearhead!
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          Dude, that is awesome. Got yourself a little gearhead!
                          working on it. She's a born competitor, so if somethings hard for her she's compelled to succeed at it. Driving the Buick was hard because of its size. She now wants to master parking. lol She doesn't really love the Buick but when I mentioned trading in "Blanca Pinata" (my white GT) for a new 4 door Ranger, she got pretty upset. We'll see where we are when she starts legally driving in a year with her permit.

Comment

• Got the Buick to the new house. man, they don't make houses for 70's cars these days. lol

Comment

• Cut about 3 feet off the nose and it'll be fine lol.

Comment

• And here we go, rather than fix anything actually wrong with the car, I had the factory exhaust ripped off and made louder. Because I don’t make good desisions based off reason. Anyway, as per the norm, go ahead and let me know what you think of the video, and what do you all think I should do next?

Comment

Working...
                                X