X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn son those mountain top sativas got you crankin' out shit
    WRX

Comment

heh I'm actually in West Palm Beach now. I have a 3 bed room house 7 miles from the beach here for what a 500 sq ft apartment in the ghetto cost in Denver..
      sigpic

Comment

Doubling power from 8k to 16k. I got 2 killer deals on two more scv4000s. 620 each for B Friday. Couldn't find any good deals on XS power though. That's all I lack.

Should be 158db'ish@ low 30 hz.
        sigpic

Comment

Progress.. Also I bought a house near West Palm Beach, Florida. I can finally keep this puppy locked up in a garage!

1/2 power did a 156 and some change sealed on the dash. I have 8000 more watts that SHOULD be here within the week.. Hoping for 158+ on music @1 ohm nominal and 160+ on .25 burp nominal. But I can'y .25 ohm it until I get a new bank of d3100 XS batteries. That bank will be around 4k..

I haven't been on a real meter yet but I have a SPL labs mini and it's VERY accurate.
          Poor truck is seriously getting banged up and I've been trying to be easy.

sigpic

Comment

What's the excursion travel on those subs?

Comment

You know I'm not completley sure. I think the factory x frames are 7 inches pole to pole. Don't quote me on that though. These have the new zv5 frames and nightshade flat coils. The new frame is supposed to make the pole pit bottomless compared to surround travel.
              sigpic

Comment

sundown audio going in this new old truck I just bought too. Thinking a ZV5 15 on 4k in bandpass..Electrical is already done. 200a alt with 2 optimas yellows and 2 4uns of 1/0 to the back and the big 4 done..

sigpic

Comment

New motor is in, new amps are in. Went from x4 4ks @ 1ohm rising to 1.3 for 158.2 to x2 6ks @.5 ohm nominal rising to .8ohm. Amps are making 5800w x2 clamped. Lost about .5 DB but not having to deal with a shit load of bass amps is nice. Cab peak is 38hz. Making power down to 23hz. 155DB+@23Hz+

EDIT: Hit a 158.2 this morning. Very cold run and batteries topped off.

Notice me making the building dance at the very end. LOL

Last edited by FunFordCobra; 05-02-2017, 07:17 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Cool. Nice system.

Comment

Double Hair Trick @ West Palm Beach

XXL Shirt Trick

sigpic

Comment

what? huh?

Comment

is the audio worth more than that old Tahoe?

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'd say the yukon is worth around 5k with the new motor, tranny, and rear end. System is 12k or more, stopped counting.. Also, rebuilding for 6 18s and 20k watts this November in a 4th order box.
                            Last edited by FunFordCobra; 05-30-2017, 02:10 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just the way audio is when you go big, they are all in old shit boxes that you can weld, glue, x8, or do whatever you want without feeling too bad for it. You don't wana do 160db to a new truck. It will tear it apart, and with new computers it just makes things more difficult over 155DB.

Here is my buddy who did my wall in his 1983 econo van. Van value 200 dollars, System value 20,000 lol... It does a 162 @40hz and 155@20hz plays down to 15hz.

8 15s on around 35k watts. Twice as loud as mine.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                                Poor Suburban lol. That thing hits hard.
                                Its the beginning of the end for the poor vehicle.

Sundown Audio kicks ass. Relatively inexpensive, but competition worthy. For a while I had a SA-8 (an 8" sub" in the mustang due to the small trunk. It was better than 2 Rockford fosgate 10's that I used to have. By a pretty good margin.

Have they come up with anything flat yet? Haven't looked at them in a while. Something along the lines of Stereo Integrity, or the JL Audio TW5. Need to build something like that into a couple of my vehicles. So I can keep all the cargo space
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X