No announcement yet.

Guess my HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I'm pleased with the results. I can't help but wonder what 10#'s of boost would do for it.

Comment

Not bad for initial results,i think there's more in it if you put some good headers/mid pipe on the car.

Comment

Do you have any recommendations on a 3" mid pipe? Preferably that could fit my accufab mid length headers.

Comment

Unless they make one you'll probably have to build one. What type of collector is on them?

Comment

I welded v-band clamps on them. I'm thinking about buying jones mufflers. Anyone run them?

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
              I was going to say 5.3 with a cam.
              I was going to say 4.8 with a turbo and head studs

Comment

It blew up on me on the way home from the dyno on Wednesday ��. Makes me sick. Dyno to home is a 15 minute drive. The engine builder was cool about it and so was the tuner. I pulled the motor over the weekend. Autopsy tomorrow. If it weren't for bad luck I don't think I'd have any.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                  It blew up on me on the way home from the dyno on Wednesday ��. Makes me sick. Dyno to home is a 15 minute drive. The engine builder was cool about it and so was the tuner. I pulled the motor over the weekend. Autopsy tomorrow. If it weren't for bad luck I don't think I'd have any.
                  Fuuuuck! I'm sorry, dude.

Comment

Thx man. I gotta find a way to change my luck.

Comment

Man, that sucks!
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Dang, that sucks man. Hate to hear it.

Comment

Well after months of waiting and diagnosing I got the motor put back together. Mahle ran a pretty thorough analysis on the pieces of piston and determined the builder did not seat a clip for one of the wrist pins all of the way. The builder obviously disagreed and blamed the tune. I think I got a bad tune and a not fully seated circlip.

Either way the builder sleeved the block with a darton sleeve, bought new pistons, gaskets, bearings and assembled it all from oil pan to lower intake, water pump to flywheel. Cost me $2200.

I should be back on the road in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations on a tuner? I was thinking maybe True Street in Mckinney.

Comment

True street does pretty good with these older mustangs. Sean tuned my old 95 with a 347 setup many years ago, and it ran fantastic! 1000x better then it did when hpp tuned it. It drove great but had a lot of idle surging and would die all the time with hpp tune. After Sean at tsm tuned it, it idled great, no surging, no bucking, no dying etc. tell them Toby sent you over and you need a discount!! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              Or a stock Coyote.
                              People probably won't like this comment, but this is why I just can't ever see building up a 302 or 351 for my 94. That old stuff is just outclassed.
                              WH

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                                Any recommendations on a tuner? I was thinking maybe True Street in Mckinney.
                                Jetfast ftw

msg him and talk with him...you will find he is by far the best in tuning the eec-iv

Comment

Working...
                                X