About to ditch satellite ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate Spectrum. That is all.

Last edited by Trip McNeely; 03-28-2022, 07:46 AM.

Comment

LOL, funny this got a response today.. In the true spirit of procrastination, I finally cancelled DirectTV today... Finally got some internet capable of streaming..
      Im learning the app stuff now.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
        LOL, funny this got a response today.. In the true spirit of procrastination, I finally cancelled DirectTV today... Finally got some internet capable of streaming..
        Im learning the app stuff now.
        let me know how it goes . our only option is phone line dsl or satellite . they laid fiber optics years ago but have done nothing with it that i know of .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
          let me know how it goes . our only option is phone line dsl or satellite . they laid fiber optics years ago but have done nothing with it that i know of .
          Do you have any 5g coverage in your area ? A friend clued me in on a deal to get unlimited 5g for $80 a month. Our coverage is good, so thats how I did it.

Comment

Is this internet in the boonies one of those satellite options? I would test the performance before cancelling DirectTV. We had that when we lived in the sticks and although we had line of site issues with trees, I wasn't convinced that streaming anything would've been any good.

Also, how much is the directTV? I ask because we cut the cord too and now have $20 for Netflix, $5 for Peacock, however much Hulu costs, then there's Amazon Prime's cost...it starts to add up and I don't think there's a lot on. With the exception of Yellowstone on Peacock, I'd much prefer to have a Guide where I can mindlessly scroll till I find something, lol.

Comment

tmoble claims 5g everywhere but they lie . sprint has gone downhill since the merger . i have to replace a phone wire with 5g wire . will go from box to router about 2-3 ft away . they swear it's good from box back to them so we'll see. i am hooked up secure to the router but i get the no internet service thing. once i replace the wire there's no more excuses for them .
              to be honest i remember the days of no internet or cell phones . i hated my beeper the day i got it . shop called me every 30 min with a new problem .

Comment

I'm still hooked up to DTV, my youngest daughter said she ditched the cable, but once she added in Hulu, Amazon prime, Disney, Netflix, Apple and HBO, she was paying more than DTV and doesn't have nearly the content.

I mooch off of her Netflix*, Hulu* and got HBO Max free with Internet bundle.

* I hardly watch these channels.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

My direct TV bill was $177 a month. My old shitty internet was $100 a month.
                  New internet $80, wife got the Discovery plus app at $7 a month. We also have a roku thing.

We can NOT do Hulu because the wireless hotspot shows our location outside our home zip. Some weird quirk with Hulu.

So far , I haven't missed a thing. Plenty of stuff to watch.

Comment

well hell , no starlink down here . if the new phone line doesn't fix it i will be stuck with bad internet or Hughes net which sucked last time i used it . nothing else avalible . couple of smalltime cable links but none are on our road . need broadband but the data sucks .

Comment

tmoble claims 5g everywhere but they lie . sprint has gone downhill since the merger . i have to replace a phone wire with 5g wire . will go from box to router about 2-3 ft away . they swear it's good from box back to them so we'll see. i am hooked up secure to the router but i get the no internet service thing. once i replace the wire there's no more excuses for them .
                      to be honest i remember the days of no internet or cell phones . i hated my beeper the day i got it . shop called me every 30 min with a new problem .
                      They claim the largest 5G footprint, certainly not that it's available everywhere. In most major cities and near interstates it's very fast and reliable. Get a mile or so away and you get 4G, head out to the woods and maybe 3G.

Comment

we have sprint/tmoble service but it can get sketchy . i live down in the river valley . had sprint broadband years ago . worked great but was pricey. had to pull the card every time or background shit would use up all the data .

Comment

well hell , no starlink down here . if the new phone line doesn't fix it i will be stuck with bad internet or Hughes net which sucked last time i used it . nothing else avalible . couple of smalltime cable links but none are on our road . need broadband but the data sucks .
                          Starlink is a game changer. Ive read some great reviews.
                          EFFFFFFFFFF Hughes net. I'd rather pull a 3 some with Hillary and Pelosi before using that shit again

Comment

looking into tmobile internet but damn i hate chatting with bots . 50 a month with unlimited data . may do the 14 day trial . i'm just sick of the one i have. now they want me to rewire my phone line. never know when it is going to kick us off . star link will be here after i'm dead and gone .

Comment

looking into tmobile internet but damn i hate chatting with bots . 50 a month with unlimited data . may do the 14 day trial . i'm just sick of the one i have. now they want me to rewire my phone line. never know when it is going to kick us off . star link will be here after i'm dead and gone .
                              We’ve been using T-Mobile since last October and it’s worked out fine so far.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                                We’ve been using T-Mobile since last October and it’s worked out fine so far.
                                Can you detail typical usage? I'm a cell service sub of theirs, but "not in the service area" for home internet. What are max/min and typical speeds, if you've tested, as well as highest GB used in a billing cycle.

Tia

Comment

Working...
                                X