Allen HS's $60,000,000 football stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S_K View Post
    NO high school athletic program in the state of Texas makes money. None.
    American high schools are taking a page from the pro and college sports playbook and doing similar kinds of money deals and creating an explosive big business.

This says otherwise.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

what i learned as a mayor of a large city: unless you max out spending in every category (education, transit authority, police, etc...), there will be some a-hole on the board who will yell at you. even if they aren't using the existing budget, if you touch it, they will sabotage you to show you they mean business. give the transit authority 90% will you? a section of your bridge will be down by march.

in the end it doesn't matter because an alien will destroy your stadium.

www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

lmfao
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

As far as I can tell, no they probably don't make money on ticket sales. I THINK a majority comes from concessions. Not that it matters, it's not like they'll reduce any budgets with the money and save anyone on taxes.

I don't care for it and I see it when going to Cabela's all the time and never see anything during the day...etc...etc Anyway, supposedly it was voted on and that's that. Until the public's mentality changes, we'll keep down this path.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I'll say this. Season tickets were a lottery, because demand was higher than supply. I believe they will get their money back out of it. I don't like that they did it, but, it is what it is. The educational standards are not the fault of Allen ISD. Take that up with your elected officials.

There is so, so, so much money wasted in school districts. While $60,000,000 stadiums aren't common place yet, they will be soon, and that doesn't even scratch the surface of wasteful spending.

That said, as long as that train is rolling, I'll be lining my pockets, and I'm grateful for that. ChoooooooChoooooo!
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
              fuck allen, they built their stupid city off plano's nuts through robin hood.

i know this stadium was built after allen was no longer a recipient, but the single big ass high school with it's basement chick fil a was built using shared funds.

as far as the size and costs i dont care. it's not like anyone gets a quality education anyways, might as well sell football.
              That pretty much sums it up. Fuck Robin Hood!

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                What's excessive though. There are plenty of high property taxes in districts. Southlake, Keller, and hell, I don't even want to know what the taxes are down here in the Lake Travis, Westlake area. If you don't wanna pay the taxes, don't live there. If you were there before the school district started upping the rates, that's different. I guess you're SOL unless you move.
                birdvilles tax rates are higher than carrolls
                07 f250-family truckster
                08 Denali -baby hauler
                52 f1-rust bucket
                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I'm sure they used some "creative" math for the taxpayers to pass it. At $40 per season ticket, that's $720k a year if they sell every seat at that price. That's still about an 80 year pay-off if every dime were to go towards it (it won't). They have income from other events, but they split the gate on those. Even if it's a 60-year pay-off, I doubt the stadium will be there in 40 years. The first time I played on artificial turf was 1976 and it felt like tennis ball fuzz on top of concrete. At least they use state-of-the-art materials for the kids, and I can't begrudge them that. I don't think we had money in the budget to kill the fucking ant beds on our field...at least they never got it done. If any community chooses (through elections) to build those monsters, they should be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                    birdvilles tax rates are higher than carrolls
                    Really? Goddamn! I went to Haltom, and remember playing in the opening game at Carroll's stadium back in '01. It felt awesome being 17, playing in a facility like that. Unfortunately we were blown out like 63-7. Now their QB and Kicker play for the Saints. The cost might be a bit excessive, but like somebody pointed out, it was voted upon and who am I to say what other people should do with their money?
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                      what i learned as a mayor of a large city: unless you max out spending in every category (education, transit authority, police, etc...), there will be some a-hole on the board who will yell at you. even if they aren't using the existing budget, if you touch it, they will sabotage you to show you they mean business. give the transit authority 90% will you? a section of your bridge will be down by march.

in the end it doesn't matter because an alien will destroy your stadium.

best post in this in this tread

Comment

who cares it is a waste of money but its what they wanted so let the tax payers foot the bill

Comment

Go look at the Prosper Campus and athletic facilities... At the end of the day, people choose where they live and stuff like this is voted in or not. If someone has a complaint, take it up with elected officials, people in town, or move.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                            Go look at the Prosper Campus and athletic facilities... At the end of the day, people choose where they live and stuff like this is voted in or not. If someone has a complaint, take it up with elected officials, people in town, or move.
                            Prosper also built a brand new high school a few years ago, when there was nothing wrong with the old high school. BTW, it was only 3-4 years old when they built the new one.

Prosper is one of the most ridiculous schools I've ever been in.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Prosper also built a brand new high school a few years ago, when there was nothing wrong with the old high school. BTW, it was only 3-4 years old when they built the new one.

Prosper is one of the most ridiculous schools I've ever been in.
                              Every time I have family in, I drive them through that campus. They are blown away. LOL I think enrollment is up around 1K there now, but it was in the 300's when they built that school I think. The old high school is the middle school now.

Comment

my old highschool stadium
                                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
                                X