Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tex275 93 Mustang Build (Lot's of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car looks great Jason. Those wheels look killer on that thing!! I'm glad you're back into mustangs. That whole $4,000 mountain bike and RC car shit you were into before was fucking gay.
    2004 Cobra
    www.boostedgt.com
    www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
      The car looks great Jason. Those wheels look killer on that thing!! I'm glad you're back into mustangs. That whole $4,000 mountain bike and RC car shit you were into before was fucking gay.

lol. lets not forget the, ahumm, truck bike rack.
      One day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
        I'm a big fan of doing it right the first time!
        Couldn't agree more.
        One day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
          Clearly I am still into the mountain bike thing as you can see from my very athletic build.

However, I did sell the RC car last week so.......

Comment

Update!

I know it's been a while since I did an update. Up until recently the work has been a slow go. This car has a lot of different folks doing work on the car, so it's been on their schedule (turbo kit, fabrication, paint and body)

We took the car over to my buddy Brooks' house (turbostang) so he could redo part of the hot side and make a cold side. The car was originally an air to water (intercooler was very very small) car but we decided to make it air to air for a bit of ease and it's a bit less expensive. The turbo kit is a Pony down kit which is nice, but the turbo was mounted almost behind the passenger headlight which wasn't ideal. Brooks did his own massaging on the kit and the pics are below. I don't have pics of the finished product...I forgot to snap pics before pullling everything apart.

Before paint I decided I needed to cut out the god awful downpipe notch in the firewall/passenger floorboard. While we were at it, I had Rod at Precision Racecraft mount the custom radiator and build a lower core support. The way that the previous owner smoothed over the upper core support, it left no mounting areas for the normal radiator mounts...hence the custom mount.

The downpipe notch cutout.

The downpipe notch filled in, welded, and smoothed

Now it is at a buddy's house getting the engine bay and body of the car prepped for paint. The body itself was pretty straight but it still had a few dings in it here and there. The engine bay and door jambs should be painted tomorrow and the rest of the car next weekend. Then it will be just the simple fact of putting everything back together, and wire this thing. (if only it was that easy!!)

Comment

Finally, I bought a trailer. This has been so much help during these last few weeks.
              It's an 18' Big Tex.

Comment

Looks slow

Comment

How you liking it, that's the same one I plan on getting.
                  2014 Ford F250 4X4 *DD*
                  1992 Ford Mustang GT

Previous Vehicles:
                  1989 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. Turbo coupe
                  1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top
                  2011 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                  2011 Ford Mustang V6
                  2011 Ford Mustang GT
                  2013 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                  2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastvipper View Post
                    Looks slow
                    I know it is man. I told myself I would not spend a dime over $6,000 on this build. I'm at $4897.34 right now. Im just going to paint the car with rattle can.

Comment

Originally posted by ldecharmoy View Post
                      how you liking it, that's the same one i plan on getting.
                      what??????

Comment

what??????
                        I think he is talking about the trailer. Car looks good, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigcountry View Post
                          I think he is talking about the trailer. Car looks good, I can't wait to see the finished product.
                          OH!! I love the trailer! It pulls very well.

I hope to have this thing painted this weekend...we'll see.

Comment

OH!! I love the trailer! It pulls very well.

I hope to have this thing painted this weekend...we'll see.
                            Are we still going to use that washable paint? That stuff is always fun.
                            2004 Cobra
                            www.boostedgt.com
                            www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

Marcus is going to paint it actually.

He can paint your car like the red car next to his.

Comment

Thats some funny ass shit!!^^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X