No announcement yet.

Judge orders that $1 million be returned to dancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, the ONLY reason the money was confiscated was due to having some residue on it? Apparently not enough to concern the court.

I could understand if there was drug paraphernalia or some other reasons. Of course, I also think the "war on drugs" is bullshit. It's rampant on the streets, schools and everywhere - government agencies are doing a GREAT job.

I could almost not care at all - even if she was hiking money across country.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

They owe her interest ..

She should have enough to complete college now

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        You know what I would do if I had a million dollars? I would invest half of it in low-risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend, Asadulah, who works in securities ...
        I'd help out some Nigerian princes. The return is much greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          Wait til the IRS hears about that. I'm sure she reported it all. lol
          I used to work with a former CHP officer. They would arrest someone involved with drugs, prostitution, etc and promise not to charge them if they would rat out others and sign something statin approximate income. Once that was done, they would report them to the IRS.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Anger issues? You're the middle aged man that gets so worked up over the internet that you threaten anyone who questions your perceived authority. Who has anger issues again? You also have the maturity of a pubescent teenager. .
            There goes Brent with his criminal history getting mad and throwing a tantrum! Correct me if I'm wrong (which I know you will), but I believe that it's just you and Eric. So two people is "everyone"????

It doesn't matter, and it's not any of your business, nor was it the business of the offending officers. Having cash is not illegal. .
            Interdiction is the business of officers. Is that how you were busted? Did it hit a soft spot there Brent?

Being stupid isn't illegal. If it was, you'd be serving a life sentence behind bars.
            Awwwww, go ahead and make childish jokes. I may not be able to sleep tonight.

Originally posted by stevo View Post
            It is his new crutch phrase he uses when he has nothing else to post.

Stevo
            Says the guy that spouts out "fuck you" every time he can't think of anything catchy to say....

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Because they are FREE to do so and don't need to tell government they are doing it or why or where they got the money.
            Explain this to the IRS....

Oh, and for all of you people out there that can't see past your hood.......

So this was a "lifetime savings"?

How long did it take her to amass this money? Twenty to thirty years? Again let us look at the cash. Was was the denominations? We all know that 20's have a limited life span. Was the bills dated from the 80's to present? That would show an accumulation. If all the bills were from the early 2000's to present, that might shoot a hole in her theory.....

Jus sayin'....

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              So, the ONLY reason the money was confiscated was due to having some residue on it? Apparently not enough to concern the court.

I could understand if there was drug paraphernalia or some other reasons. Of course, I also think the "war on drugs" is bullshit. It's rampant on the streets, schools and everywhere - government agencies are doing a GREAT job.

I could almost not care at all - even if she was hiking money across country.
              I'm sure there was more than just the residue. Look at my posts and you'll see plenty of reason.....

Sheer reason of travelling cross country for one. Why didn't she fly? Because you can't hide $1MM in suitcase at the airport.

What was her story compared to the other passengers?

How was the money packaged?

What were the denominations and the dates on the bills?

I could go on, but come on, use some common sense here... And a stripper saves a million in cash?????? Puh-lease!

Comment

Unless they invested it with the City of Fort Worth Employees' Retirement Fund.
                Actually it's looking pretty good, thanks for asking.

So far if there were no changes and I left with my current contribution status, I'd be earning over $76,000/year retired! Chooooo chooooooo!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  ...the "war on drugs" is bullshit...

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    There goes Brent with his criminal history getting mad and throwing a tantrum! Correct me if I'm wrong (which I know you will), but I believe that it's just you and Eric. So two people is "everyone"????

Just couldn't stand keeping my name out of your dumbass mouth could you? And after all that crying to Leah about how I am always the instigator? You upset I didn't return your PM two weeks ago? I think 99% can qualify as "everyone." Please feel free to point out the other person arguing your side in this thread. Looking in a mirror and counting two people doesn't count, either.

Jody, you're killing it. lmao

Comment

You could gather $1 MILLION in 12 hours?

Folks, we have found our next Chooo Chooooooo!
                      I would have to pull a lot of favors, but I'm sure I could in 1-2 days if I absolutely had to.
                      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Just couldn't stand keeping my name out of your dumbass mouth could you? And after all that crying to Leah about how I am always the instigator? You upset I didn't return your PM two weeks ago? I think 99% can qualify as "everyone." Please feel free to point out the other person arguing your side in this thread. Looking in a mirror and counting two people doesn't count, either.

Jody, you're killing it. lmao
                        I was only stating fact, not antagonizing you into a pissing match there chief.

You need to get your fact straight son, there was no crying to Leah about your instigating, it was you spewing garbage that I was sleeping with Kim. Or did your superior memory fail you on this one?

Also, the "everyone" on the board was in reference to calling you and Brent out. Not arguing on this topic. If pack mentality feeds your need to feel included, then you're an insecure person, but we knew that already.

As far as the PM goes, excuse me for offering advice on your injury/ailment. It shows how small minded and shallow you are to be offered advice on something of this nature and you not even make an effort to say thanks or even acknowledge the attempt on my part to help you out even considering our past. It speaks volumes on your character that you have chosen to ignore that PM. It is simple proof that you are a coward and choose to ignore it.

By the way, I wasn't going to bring up the PM fact, but since you opened the door, everyone should know that it happened.

Comment

Unless they invested it with the City of Fort Worth Employees' Retirement Fund.
                          You are evidently breathtakingly stupid.

Comment

Lol, ssdd. Go write a novel to someone who is going to read it, while I sit here counting my 1,000 dollars you say is impossible to obtain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              I used to work with a former CHP officer. They would arrest someone involved with drugs, prostitution, etc and promise not to charge them if they would rat out others and sign something statin approximate income. Once that was done, they would report them to the IRS.
                              Shady shit, but I'm not surprised. That's what baffles me when these cops try to play "best friend" with these idiots and say they will help them out. And they fall for it! Never say shit except that you want your/a lawyer.

Comment

I'm sure there was more than just the residue. Look at my posts and you'll see plenty of reason.....

Sheer reason of travelling cross country for one. Why didn't she fly? Because you can't hide $1MM in suitcase at the airport.

What was her story compared to the other passengers?

How was the money packaged?

What were the denominations and the dates on the bills?

I could go on, but come on, use some common sense here... And a stripper saves a million in cash?????? Puh-lease!
                                How are you sure? I saw nothing in the article about there being more.

Hell, I'm SURE she drove because she is afraid of flying - like thousands of other chicks. How is that for just pulling shit out of thin air?

After that, you're still trying to find her guilty with your questions - even though she was given her money back. What FACTS do you have? NONE. Your general sense of reality seems really messed up. I do not know if you are part of a group of cops that have some sort of pool of money, and whoever conjures up the best story to arrest someone wins it all. Maybe you just get a hard on when you get to arrest someone. Kind of seems that way with the crap coming out of your posts.

None of your questions matter at this point, the money was returned. Here is another perspective on the story...

Saving a dollar at a time during the 15 years she worked as an exotic dancer, 33-year-old Tara Mishra of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. amassed a $1 million nest egg. The cash was in her friend's car when they were pulled over in Montville, N.J. for speeding while on their way to buy a nightclub that Mishra would co-own. Police confiscated the money, suspecting it to be drug money, but a federal judge has ruled the cops must return Mishra's missing million (with interest) because they have no substantial evidence and the court finds the dancer's story "credible."
                                Originally posted by MR EDD
                                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                                X