Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
      Drag cars don't need front sway bars
      Figured that was coming.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
        Any problems with them clearing the sway bar links?
        I don't run a front sway bar
        2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
        2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

• As the suspension compresses, it should move away from the link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
            As the suspension compresses, it should move away from the link.
            It just might. I didn't think to put a jack under the arm and lift it.

They're just put in place but the bolts aren't tightened yet either.

Gonna have to wait until I get home in July to finish it up.

Comment

• I am pretty sure a thing is gonna happen. Stay tuned.

Comment

• That link is fine but yes, I would pull the sway bar for drag racing.

I have my Team Z k member and a arms if you want a more drag racing oriented K member.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• I saw you were looking for another car on facebook...

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    That link is fine but yes, I would pull the sway bar for drag racing.

I have my Team Z k member and a arms if you want a more drag racing oriented K member.
                    I am looking at chromoly Team Z k-member with adjustable arms.

There might be a #milliondollarcobrav2 coming. Tired of trying to keep a race car bottled up in a street car. Time to make a race car that should be able to drive on the street.

Still got the instrument cluster?

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      I saw you were looking for another car on facebook...
                      Yes, sir

Comment

• The question is how long do you think it will take, and will you only have time on R&R or are you returning for good anytime soon?
                        Originally posted by stevo
                        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                          The question is how long do you think it will take, and will you only have time on R&R or are you returning for good anytime soon?
                          Chassis work will get done while I am away in between R&Rs.

Probably not going to be home for good for a couple more years. 2 right now is my plan. Then I am going to need a break for at least half a year.

I'd like to get it back in August when I come home next and knock out a bunch of it. Might be able to thrash and be on the road by then. That may depend on finances though...and the wife gonna put the screws to me on spending.

Comment

• My advice would be make a nice sorted reasonable street car that you can drive all over the place whenever you want and then go get a race car.

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                              My advice would be make a nice sorted reasonable street car that you can drive all over the place whenever you want and then go get a race car.
                              I found a nice silver 1995 coupe with 128k miles and a bunch of updated suspension parts; Eibach springs, MM parts, upgraded to Cobra brakes all around, etc. I think we have come to a deal on it and if he agrees I am going to pick it up this trip home....with the wife's approval of course.

The car is BONE stock for motor and trans, right down to the air silencer and plug wires. There will be a complete dismantle of kbscobravert and the same for the coupe. Then a swap begins. And the gutted coupe gets taken to chassis shop for the works, cage, mini-tub, through floor subs, tubular front, etc

I've got stuff like an old Bassani X pipe, BBK shorties, BBK throttle body, pullies, new plug wires and coil and other odds and ends that will go into the Cobra with the otherwise stock coupe's parts. We will either drive the cobra convertible or sell it. That may depend on the wife and how much I spend on this new venture.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                                I am looking at chromoly Team Z k-member with adjustable arms.

There might be a #milliondollarcobrav2 coming. Tired of trying to keep a race car bottled up in a street car. Time to make a race car that should be able to drive on the street.

Still got the instrument cluster?
                                The cluster is in Mike's car which has all the MM stuff we got from you.
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X