Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    There are times in my life that I really wish I had gotten into motorcycles earlier. It's generally been a combination of the times after I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and when I see pics like that.
    btw, its NEVER too late. i know you and your old lady arent interested in kids, yall could have a real blast doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      please do. any of you guys heard of the painted desert? ive seen pics and it must be incredible
      I've only passed through. It's on my list to wheel with my next rig. Every place I have the opportunity to visit is special in its own way, which is what keeps me going. The views of the Swiss alps, the crystal clear water of crescent lake, the acrid smell of geysers at Yellowstone, etc. I just want to see it all, and enjoy it with friends and family. Glad I'm not alone!
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
        I've only passed through. It's on my list to wheel with my next rig. Every place I have the opportunity to visit is special in its own way, which is what keeps me going. The views of the Swiss alps, the crystal clear water of crescent lake, the acrid smell of geysers at Yellowstone, etc. I just want to see it all, and enjoy it with friends and family. Glad I'm not alone!
        right there with you brother. 29 years in dfw and im ready to get out. i was in yellowstone many years ago as an early teen with my family. i remember big horn sheep climbing near vertical cliff sides, wild bison coming right up to the car, old faithful, grand tetons, white water rafting in jackson hole. youre in the right place!

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
          right there with you brother. 29 years in dfw and im ready to get out. i was in yellowstone many years ago as an early teen with my family. i remember big horn sheep climbing near vertical cliff sides, wild bison coming right up to the car, old faithful, grand tetons, white water rafting in jackson hole. youre in the right place!
          I was in Jackson Hole last night, and I can attest that is one of the most quaint and impressive little mountain towns I've seen. Wonderful place worthy of it's own trip. Visit Bubba's for dinner.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I was in Jackson Hole last night, and I can attest that is one of the most quaint and impressive little mountain towns I've seen. Wonderful place worthy of it's own trip. Visit Bubba's for dinner.
            You're close to my hood. If you are anywhere near the west entrance of Yellowstone I'd highly recommend camping around Henry's lake. Everywhere around that area is picturesque.

Comment

Comment

I just came back a few weeks ago. The north entrance had a crazy amount of elk. Did you also get to see some of the "red dogs"?

Did you get to spend time in the Tetons?

BTW anyone thinking of visiting Yellowstone, I would highly recommend spending a half day to a full day in the Grand Teton national park.

You literally pass through it from Jackson to make your way to the south entrance of Yellowstone.

Anyone interested in Yellowstone or Tetons, feel free to PM if you need any advice or questions answered.
                Last edited by Jon/xpm; 06-19-2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Where is that? I need to be there.

I was in Alberta last week - it was fucking amazing

Was this up near Banff? We are going to be spending 3 day in Banff and 4 in Calgary beginning of November.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    Was this up near Banff? We are going to be spending 3 day in Banff and 4 in Calgary beginning of November.
                    Yup, from Canmore up through Banff, Lake Louise, etc up toward the Saskatchewan River.
                    We spent Monday-Thursday in Calgary then Friday-Monday in Canmore.

Comment

Yup, from Canmore up through Banff, Lake Louise, etc up toward the Saskatchewan River.
                      We spent Monday-Thursday in Calgary then Friday-Monday in Canmore.
                      Awesome, any specific suggestions for things to see or places to eat? We will be at the Fairmont in Banff Sunday-Tuesday then downtown Calgary Wednesday-Sunday.
                      Last edited by GrayStangGT; 06-19-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Awesome, any specific suggestions for things to see or places to eat? We will be at the Fairmont in Banff Sunday-Tuesday then downtown Calgary Wednesday-Sunday.
                        i would recommend saltlik in banff for some awesome alberta beef. get the bone in ribeye. theres an irish pub you should hit too. drive through the golf course to see elk. go up the hill and get in the hot springs. drive to lake minitanka (sp?) 5 miles outside of town to see bighorn, and beautiful lake,mnt views

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          i would recommend saltlik in banff for some awesome alberta beef. get the bone in ribeye. theres an irish pub you should hit too. drive through the golf course to see elk. go up the hill and get in the hot springs. drive to lake minitanka (sp?) 5 miles outside of town to see bighorn, and beautiful lake,mnt views
                          Are you looking to be active, or full-on vacation mode?

Saltlik was recommended by some locals also, but we didn't have time to go.
                          Park Distillery was pretty awesome (food and drink)
                          Banff Avenue Brewing Co for some good beer
                          At the Fairmont in Banff there are 6 or 7 restaurants (not all take reservations). Our favorite there was the Lakeview Lounge - pretty self explanatory there.
                          Brunch at Iron Goat in Canmore was great. They had a bison+elf+beef meatloaf on the menu I really wanted to try.
                          While in Canmore, if you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket, Alpine Helicopters has a quick flight up through the Three Sisters peaks.
                          If you're going to be in the national park (Banff, Jasper, etc) get a multi-day entry pass so you can avoid the line on the highway. In peak season the line can be 30+ min. Either way, it's worth it.

In Calgary we stayed at the Hilton in the East Village near the Bow River. I can't decide what I think of that area... most of the restaurants were just trying too hard. Charbar, Bridgett Bar, The Guild, etc were ok (cool design, ambience) but overpriced and too hipster (who the fuck actually wants leeks or radishes or beets as sides???). One place had maple bbq rainbow trout... with fucking kale, and they would not sub anything in place of the kale because the chef had 'specially curated' the menu We had a better time at some local pubs (The National on 17th, other things in that area).

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          btw, its NEVER too late. i know you and your old lady arent interested in kids, yall could have a real blast doing it.
                          I have no doubt, but now we live in Houston... a mile from the Galleria. I don't even ride a bike anymore with all the retards and horrible roads around here, and I don't have a garage right now
                          Last edited by Strychnine; 06-19-2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

At the Fairmont in Banff there are 6 or 7 restaurants (not all take reservations). Our favorite there was the Lakeview Lounge - pretty self explanatory there.
                            Brunch at Iron Goat in Canmore was great. They had a bison+elf+beef meatloaf on the menu I really wanted to try.
                            While in Canmore, if you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket, Alpine Helicopters has a quick flight up through the Three Sisters peaks.

In Calgary we stayed in the East Village near the Bow River. I can't decide what I think of that area... most of the restaurants were just trying too hard. Charbar, Bridgett Bar, The Guild, etc were ok (cool design, ambience) but overpriced and too hipster (who the fuck actually wants leeks or radishes or beets as sides???). One place had maple bbq rainbow trout... with fucking kale, and they would not sub anything in place of the kale because the chef had 'specially curated' the menu We had a better time at some local pubs (The National on 17th, other things in that area).

I have no doubt, but now we live in Houston... a mile from the Galleria. I don't even ride a bike anymore with all the retards and horrible roads around here, and I don't have a garage right now
                            I aint never had elf before, but now I want's me some!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon/xpm View Post
                              I just came back a few weeks ago. The north entrance had a crazy amount of elk. Did you also get to see some of the "red dogs"?

Did you get to spend time in the Tetons?

BTW anyone thinking of visiting Yellowstone, I would highly recommend spending a half day to a full day in the Grand Teton national park.

You literally pass through it from Jackson to make your way to the south entrance of Yellowstone.

Anyone interested in Yellowstone or Tetons, feel free to PM if you need any advice or questions answered.
                              My dad and step-mom were considering buying a summer place up in Jackson back in '14-'15, right as the market shot back up. They've spent a few summers in the park working for the park service as guides/hosts, so I've been afforded the chance to spend a bit of time up there with my family. Definitely in my top 3 favorites, but Yosemite will always be #1.

Comment

If you're going to be in the national park (Banff, Jasper, etc) get a multi-day entry pass so you can avoid the line on the highway. In peak season the line can be 30+ min. Either way, it's worth it.

In Calgary we stayed at the Hilton in the East Village near the Bow River. I can't decide what I think of that area... most of the restaurants were just trying too hard. Charbar, Bridgett Bar, The Guild, etc were ok (cool design, ambience) but overpriced and too hipster (who the fuck actually wants leeks or radishes or beets as sides???). One place had maple bbq rainbow trout... with fucking kale, and they would not sub anything in place of the kale because the chef had 'specially curated' the menu We had a better time at some local pubs (The National on 17th, other things in that area).
                                Probably full on vacation mode, unless they get an early snow and the snowmobile rentals are open, I would like to do that. We took a helicopter up to a glacier in Whistler last year and it was incredible, we usually do one unnecessary splurge for each vacation, that was the Fairmont for this one, last year it was the helicopter lol.

Last edited by GrayStangGT; 06-19-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X