2019 lawn thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
    I don't have any, one of the very few houses on my street with none, front or back.
    Most houses that use true green have great pre emergent results.. do you get a data sheet on what they use in the fall?
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

I used pre-emergent last fall, and earlier this year, didn't do shit. But both times there was big time rain a day or two after I put it down, so it probably washed away.

Comment

Short of tilling, what gonna be the best way to clean up the mess that should be Bermuda in my yard. Keep in mind, i'ts a rental, so I don't wanna spend an arm and leg, but I can't handle everything but turf in my yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Short of tilling, what gonna be the best way to clean up the mess that should be Bermuda in my yard. Keep in mind, i'ts a rental, so I don't wanna spend an arm and leg, but I can't handle everything but turf in my yard.
          Scalp and bag.. most of the bullshit you see will be dying as temps steadily reach mid 80’s.. you could try a “weed and feed” but they usually don’t do much other than feed the weeds
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

After mine was thrashed by the army worm invasion, all I can do is rake the old stuff up and throw down new seed. I'll pull weeds when I can, and look into when I can use something for the rest of the weeds that won't hurt the new grass.

Comment

Y’all need one of these!! It’s very satisfying!! Don’t judge my fucking yard!! It will be fine in May!
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Looks much better than last year this time. That’s at 2”

"PSH!!!"

Comment

Lookin good Stephen. We've had a family emergency that's allowed me to ditch this weed farm of a yard. I'll post pics of home when we get there, it's only 2200mi away.

Comment

Dam if sod is not $$$$. Wanted to add some SOD and level out sections at.a time in the back yard..ill be damed if that shit is not $$$.

Comment

And I blame your progress on the Honda mower @Stephen. They're the best damned mowers, period.

Everyone else, prove me wrong.

Comment

And I blame your progress on the Honda mower @Stephen. They're the best damned mowers, period.

I’ve been so impressed with the hrx217 mowers. They’re fast, easy to start, and have great cut quality. The gcv190 is so much better than the gcv160 as it bogs down way less in tall grass. The twin blade design is fantastic too. I also have a commercial toro with the Kawasaki fj180v and I still prefer my honda for at home. However the toro is faster
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

I have an old HRT216 from 98 or 99 that starts on the first pull every time, even after sitting all winter. It's starting to puff a lil smoke on initial startup, but runs like a top. I've always run full synthetic oil in it, so I'm sure there's lots of yrs left in it. It's had at least 4 sets of wheels, numerous cables for the self propel part and that's it.

Comment

I have an old HRT216 from 98 or 99 that starts on the first pull every time, even after sitting all winter. It's starting to puff a lil smoke on initial startup, but runs like a top. I've always run full synthetic oil in it, so I'm sure there's lots of yrs left in it. It's had at least 4 sets of wheels, numerous cables for the self propel part and that's it.
                            Wait, a puff of smoke ain’t normal? Lol. Mine has done it forever.. I ran honda oil until just recently when I saw project farm on YouTube compare supertech/amazon basics to Mobil 1 and it did friggin great. And both killed valvoline. So supertech synthetic it is in my mowers. I always throw in a little marvel mystery oil a couple mows before I change it to help clean it.
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

I’ll take my Honda powered tru-cut reel mower.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                                I’ll take my Honda powered tru-cut reel mower.
                                Is your yard super flat? Do they bottom out easy?
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X