No announcement yet.

black2002ls Model Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAN how the heck did i miss checking this thread and not know there was a show in Denton?
    What's it take to enter something into one of these shows? Next time there's one in Denton let me know. I'd love to throw something together for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      MAN how the heck did i miss checking this thread and not know there was a show in Denton?
      What's it take to enter something into one of these shows? Next time there's one in Denton let me know. I'd love to throw something together for it.
      I almost messaged you on Facebook to let you know. Sorry! As far as entry, just show up with your stuff and pay the entry fee! This one was a little different, they pushed everyone to register on-line, to help streamline getting everyone set up and organized.

As I mentioned, there was a good bit of disorganization. A lot of my builds didn't end up with the rest of their class, mainly because I was late to arrive, however, it caused some confusion with judging! I'm hopeful they have some of the kinks worked out next year, and maybe a different date. It is tough to hit scalefest and this show back to back. It will be a game time decision next year if I attend. It really isn't my crowd, from a build style/subject stand point.

The next one I'm going to is in Houston on July 20th. I'm hoping to have the pro stock done, as well as a Ford GT painted McLaren Volcano Orange. (I know, don't bash me for not going purist with the color, the theme for the show is orange)
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        I almost messaged you on Facebook to let you know. Sorry! As far as entry, just show up with your stuff and pay the entry fee! This one was a little different, they pushed everyone to register on-line, to help streamline getting everyone set up and organized.

As I mentioned, there was a good bit of disorganization. A lot of my builds didn't end up with the rest of their class, mainly because I was late to arrive, however, it caused some confusion with judging! I'm hopeful they have some of the kinks worked out next year, and maybe a different date. It is tough to hit scalefest and this show back to back. It will be a game time decision next year if I attend. It really isn't my crowd, from a build style/subject stand point.

The next one I'm going to is in Houston on July 20th. I'm hoping to have the pro stock done, as well as a Ford GT painted McLaren Volcano Orange. (I know, don't bash me for not going purist with the color, the theme for the show is orange)
        Can't wait to see your pictures. Funny enough I've randomly found about 6-7 kits hiding in the hobby room and my closet that I did't sell you. So I can still be in the hobby enough to have some fun now and then without spending any money. I just need to replace all my paints.

Comment

• I had to replace almost all og my paint when I started building again. That was expensive!

Wild Bills in Irving was bought out and they are clearancing inventory, if you happen over that way. I've had half a mind to go buy all of their kits

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Aaaaaand, I'm at the point of no return. It gets built or it gets trashed!

2 more cuts and the front clip will be separate as well.

Comment

• Some chassis work today. Support rods for the front clip are installed. They will get some bracing eventually. Wheel tubs are covered in CF decal. The trans tunnel will get the same treatment. Once all of the bars and decals are done, I'll give it all several coats of 2 part automotive clear.

The CF is probably not correct for a car that would have ran in 1999, but it will help it pop on the contest tables.

Comment

• I couldn't wait and had to start on some decals last night. Opening the doors and cutting things apart presents some challenges! I had to cut the decal along the door line. This car was originally black with a white to blue fade on the front end. I'm not sure if I will do the fade on the front, but I painted it a steel color kind of as a superman man of steel scheme. I will be doing my top fuel car and sprint car the same way.

Comment

• I got all of the decals on the Superman car. I'm going for a "Man of Steel" theme. I was also able to finish up the CF on the trans tunnel. There are a couple of flaws that will be covered with other details.

Comment

• Can anyone spot the upcoming fox body greatness?

A round of clear shot on the Superman car and the chassis. Once the clear cures, I'll smooth it out and re-shoot. The Chassis still needs some clear on the bottom. That Carbon Fiber decal REALLY pops once cleared!

Comment

• I figured ya'll might enjoy this.

Comment

• So, because I have modeler's ADD. I now have 3 different builds going. The pro stock, a Ford GT, and a '66 Suburban.

First up, the '66 Suburban. I'm calling it leather and lace. This is my first time spraying anything like what I have on the roof panel. Still trying to decide what I'm doing on the center 2 panels. Part of me wants to leave it, part of me wants to do filagree, and what will likely happen is I will turn the lace around for the scallops to help hide the over spray from mis masking :|

Either way, enjoy.

Next is the Ford GT. A Tamiya kit, great detail, but lacking in some areas. I'm trying desperately to find a PE set, but they are out of stock everywhere. PE is photo etch that will give me mesh in all of the grille areas instead of molded plastic. The theme for the show in Houston is orange, so, I painted it McLaren Volcano Orange. The orange needs some touch up but it is looking pretty sexy!

And of course you have all seen the Pro Stock. I need some "basic" builds going with the super detailed stuff so I don't burn out!

I hit an emotional dilema last night, I got an offer on Ebay for my Lambo for $150, which just about doubles the cost of materials to build it. I loved building that thing and people gravitated towards it. Above that, though, I planned to take it to Houston. So I countered with a "contingent upon shipping 7/22" clause. Stay tuned.
                        Last edited by black2002ls; 06-29-2019, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• That suburban is fucking badass! I wish you'd do a straight up lowrider car or van!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                            That suburban is fucking badass! I wish you'd do a straight up lowrider car or van!
                            I may do one, one day! This paint work has been fun!

Comment

• I got the center panel corrected. A little wet sanding and a lesson learned. These createx colors bleed/wash out when exposed to water. They may not have been fully cured, but it caused some issues. I attempted a few other techniques in the center panel, both were less than successful. I attempted to mask some flames but my tapework was not stellar on such a small surface. I also attempted to use some tulle for a criss cross pattern. It was semi successful and can still be seen a bit in the final paint.

Next up is the main body. You can really see the flake in the Lambo color on the body. It is going to be pretty sweet once it is all polished out! Gold wheels, LS9 engine, now I need to decide on an interior color.

Finally, a little GT action.

Comment

• A quick little mock up on the burban. I'm thinking light tan for the interior.

Comment

Working...
                                X