No announcement yet.

2020 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought mowing the sticker would lead to seeding the new sticker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      The rabbits crapping all over the yard is the exact reason you have so many weeds. Then when the weeds die in late summer or fall...they will start to eat your landscaping and grass right down to the dirt.
      Birds yes, rabbits don't really eat the seeds. We've never had them kill plants, but probably because my neighbors fills them with carrots and other stuff.

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
      I thought mowing the sticker would lead to seeding the new sticker?!?
      Read the post.
      Last edited by Chas_svo; 05-21-2020, 09:22 PM. Reason: Cuz
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
        Birds yes, rabbits don't really eat the seeds. We've never had them kill plants, but probably because my neighbors fills them with carrots and other stuff.

Read the post.
        You must have those seedless GMO rabbits. My yard has all sorts of herbs and weed spread from the massive heard of rabbits we get. Rabbits being responsible for seed dispersion is a researched and known factor so Im not just making shit up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          The rabbits crapping all over the yard is the exact reason you have so many weeds. Then when the weeds die in late summer or fall...they will start to eat your landscaping and grass right down to the dirt.
          I have never heard this, but it makes sense now. I have tons of rabbits, and bastard chipmunks which I'm sure they do this too. Rabbits I can get rid of, chipmunks are hard to get rid of and there's so many.

Comment

Weather hasn't been conducive to regular mowing, but I've just about got the creeping bent grass trained back down to the right length. Also, the perennial rye seed we put down has really started coming in.

Comment

That looks great!

My grass is slowly coming back, and its great in some areas and not so great in others. I also have a bunch of different types of weeds. I bought some of this, and so far its been great. It does not kill grass, but it's killed a lot of many different weeds i have. Next step is overseeding, and peet moss over that.

Comment

2020 Lawn Thread

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                That looks great!

My grass is slowly coming back, and its great in some areas and not so great in others. I also have a bunch of different types of weeds. I bought some of this, and so far its been great. It does not kill grass, but it's killed a lot of many different weeds i have. Next step is overseeding, and peet moss over that.

What kind of grass are you overseeding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been having withdrawals being out of town. I’m limited to just keeping an eye until I get back in town [emoji20]

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                    What kind of grass are you overseeding?

Kentucky Blue

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      Kentucky Blue

Got that cool season grass. Very nice!

Comment

• I'm trying to get rid of some broad leaf weeds that grow in a single patch like crab grass. Leaf grow tall fast. I've started using the weed killer that connect to water hose as s non concentration by pouring in a spray bottle to hand spray. Its slowly killing them but not good enough. So I'm going to attempt to manually cut them at ground level then spray again. Anyone have idea on good spray for broad leaf weeds?

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                          I'm trying to get rid of some broad leaf weeds that grow in a single patch like crab grass. Leaf grow tall fast. I've started using the weed killer that connect to water hose as s non concentration by pouring in a spray bottle to hand spray. Its slowly killing them but not good enough. So I'm going to attempt to manually cut them at ground level then spray again. Anyone have idea on good spray for broad leaf weeds?
                          Look on the past page, I posted a concentrate that I use for those specific type of weeds. Because it’s a concentrate though you have to mix with water and the directions aren’t that great so you have to do some online research. I basically eyed 6 teaspoons per gallon. Seemed to work well. Doesn’t kill anything but the weeds.

?2,4-D Amine Weed Killer Herbicide (Broadleaf Weed Control 46.3%) Low, economical use rate of 1 to 4 pints per acre Controls many broadleaf weeds & woody plants Use in turf, pastures, rangeland, ditch banks, fences... CONTAINS: 3.8 lbs. per gallon 2, 4-D acid equivalent liquid concentrate in a low volatile amine fo

Comment

• What place did you get that from?
                            This may be it or similar to the weed I have https://www.alamy.com/common-signal-...ip%3d0%26pl%3d

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                              What place did you get that from?
                              This may be it or similar to the weed I have https://www.alamy.com/common-signal-...ip%3d0%26pl%3d
                              You can get it on amazon for under $15
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                                You can get it on amazon for under $15

Comment

Working...
                                X