Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did it survive?

Comment

• i sure did. it was wild, I'll tell you more later.

Comment

• What a day! I'll have a video done this week, but to summarize...
        rubbed a hole in the power steering line first run and the rest of the day was spent with little to no power steering. My arms are sore, there's sand in places I didn't know I had, and I had the best time behind a wheel in my entire life yesterday! I've got a month till the next event, I have to fix the steering again, replace the drivers seat and seat rack, gut the interior, and a few other things I can't remember right now. But wow, I'm still grinning.

Comment

• That’s awesome! Glad you had fun. What Racing organization is this? Sorry if I missed it earlier.

Finally got caught up on the videos, lookin’ good man!

Comment

• Ditch the power steering. There are ways to make the rack work better without power assist and you won't need to deal with that bullshit again.

Comment

• Looks like a lot of fun man!
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                That’s awesome! Glad you had fun. What Racing organization is this? Sorry if I missed it earlier.

Finally got caught up on the videos, lookin’ good man!
                IT's a private group that puts it on. It's $10 a person to get in and free to run. unlimited runs at that.

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                Ditch the power steering. There are ways to make the rack work better without power assist and you won't need to deal with that bullshit again.
                Man I don't want to put the money into it yet to do a good manual rack that can handle the quick steering I need to do.
                I'm just going to replace the line that got cut and make sure it can't happen again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  Looks like a lot of fun man!
                  most fun I've ever had while driving.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                    IT's a private group that puts it on. It's $10 a person to get in and free to run. unlimited runs at that.
                    Well shit, can't beat that.

Comment

• ? ? Project Miatabusa Part 5 – De-Powering the Steering Rack By Dave Coleman That's right; this installment of Project Miatabusa has nothing to do with putting the engine in…

Did this on a BMW and mustang. One of the best mod decision I did to a track car.

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                        https://motoiq.com/project-miatabusa...steering-rack/

did this on a bmw and mustang. One of the best mod decision i did to a track car.
                        that looks like a lot of work

Comment

• GIANT PICTURE WARNING! lol
                          I really just can't get enough of looking at this car. By the way anyone have a spare racing bucket seat laying around? I need to replace the drivers seat and seat track before the next race on the 19th.

Comment

• Did the paint layout smooth or end up like plastic dip texture?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                              Did the paint layout smooth or end up like plastic dip texture?
                              More like a plastidip. But I wasn't trying to go smooth. the cars so rough I wanted the semigloss look to hide the flaws. My buddy's honda came out way better because he took the time to make the coats thinner and buffed it a little.

Here's the picture of the Honda, HUGE PICTURE WARNING! I left the picture full size so you can see the finish better.

Comment

• Going to pick up my new drivers seat today.

Comment

Working...
                                X