Ford Bronco to debut on OJs birthday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jluv View Post
    that's a pretty big deal, considering how brand-loyal they are, as a whole. I mean, they're gonna have to change their cell phone cases, coffee mugs, half of their t-shirts, bed sheets, shower curtains, get new camping chairs and umbrellas, etc.
    lol!

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
      lol!
      I giggled too.

Comment

There will also be a run on vinyl graphics so that the converted Jeep people can name their new rides.

Comment

That's a pretty big deal, considering how brand-loyal they are, as a whole. I mean, they're gonna have to change their cell phone cases, coffee mugs, half of their T-shirts, bed sheets, shower curtains, get new camping chairs and umbrellas, etc.
          ahahahahaahaha!
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
            There will also be a run on vinyl graphics so that the converted Jeep people can name their new rides.
            Dibs on a Cyber Orange one with "Orange Juice" on it.

Comment

Personally, I think 300 hp is plenty for off-road use, but I won't mind a bit if Ford decides to flex its muscles a little bit to put/keep Jeep in its place. I think the competition over the next several years should make both better
              Until somebody try's to tow anything. 3500lbs is a little low considering today's vehicle weights, or pulling a glamping trailer with some orv's

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                Until somebody try's to tow anything. 3500lbs is a little low considering today's vehicle weights, or pulling a glamping trailer with some orv's
                The tow rating isn't a function of torque/power in this case. It probably has more to do with the offroad suspension design...very similar to how a raptor has a much lower tow rating than many of the lower model f150s.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  The tow rating isn't a function of torque/power in this case. It probably has more to do with the offroad suspension design...very similar to how a raptor has a much lower tow rating than many of the lower model f150s.
                  As well as the much shorter wheelbase.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    Exactly, I've never seen Jeeps towing anything. Maybe those cycle trailors or small uhaul type, but I don't think Ford went into this thing thinking about towing, they have an entire fleet of F-150/250/350/450/550/650/750's that can handle all the towing needs that come about, and HD Vans, and even Rangers can do some light towing if need be.
                    The new Broncos are for having fun in the sand, mud, rocks type of vehicles and to compete with the Jeeps that have a strong hold on that segment of the market.
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      Exactly, I've never seen Jeeps towing anything. Maybe those cycle trailors or small uhaul type, but I don't think Ford went into this thing thinking about towing, they have an entire fleet of F-150/250/350/450/550/650/750's that can handle all the towing needs that come about, and HD Vans, and even Rangers can do some light towing if need be.
                      The new Broncos are for having fun in the sand, mud, rocks type of vehicles and to compete with the Jeeps that have a strong hold on that segment of the market.
                      yes everybody has so much choo choo cowskins that they can buy a tow rig just to pull their new bronco, base camp (or boat), and orvs out to the camp grounds. Or even emergency towing 4300 lbs back to civilization, which seems risky on 3500lb cap and turbos

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                        yes everybody has so much choo choo cowskins that they can buy a tow rig just to pull their new bronco, base camp (or boat), and orvs out to the camp grounds. Or even emergency towing 4300 lbs back to civilization, which seems risky on 3500lb cap and turbos
                        This is the crux of my problem, I'm a cowskin rig or two behind the curve, and would like to be able to tow a 6k pound boat without needed the expense of a fourth vehicle. Maybe in time there will be an airbag setup available that would make short trips to the lake feasible. Especially if the Bronco Raptor and/or v8 version becomes a reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                          Wha?

Dude, I didn't build the damn thing. Its not made to tow a boat or for someone to tow a car to the track. I'm sure it has enough to get you to the camp ground with all the basic shit you need. How much stuff does someone need to go camping, mudding or rock climbing?
                          You want the new Bronco to tow or enough to bring an orv, what kind of ORV, like a 4-wheeler or ATV? Most people that want do those things will have a truck or big SUV. This new Bronco is for going out and having Jeep type of fun, you want it to tow shit, get you a tow rig, son...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            Wha?

Dude, I didn't build the damn thing. Its not made to tow a boat or for someone to tow a car to the track. I'm sure it has enough to get you to the camp ground with all the basic shit you need. How much stuff does someone need to go camping, mudding or rock climbing?
                            You want the new Bronco to tow or enough to bring an orv, what kind of ORV, like a 4-wheeler or ATV? Most people that want do those things will have a truck or big SUV. This new Bronco is for going out and having Jeep type of fun, you want it to tow shit, get you a tow rig, son...
                            As posted above Henry, there is a segment of the population that would like to be able to do some towing without investing yet another $60k for a tow rig. No, the Bronco is not an F150, but conversely and F150 isn't as of road capable as the Bronco due to it's size, and doesn't offer the doors off experience that the Bronco does. I would argue that the 4-door Bronco is a good in between size, and IMHO the 3,500 tow rating doesn't make sense.

I've got the same issue with the X4 in terms of towing, and am hoping that with a tow package the Bronco will bridge that gap, so that I can get better towing capability along with the upgraded off road capability.

Comment

• Im with Henry on this.

I dont understand why it's hard to comprehend that different vehicles are designed for different things. 3500lb tow rating is the exact same as a wrangler and was likely higher than the wrangler when they started the design process.

Edit: To get a higher tow rating you have no choice but to sacrifice offroad performance. I will bet way more people care about theoretical offroad performance than Theoretical towing performance.

Comment

• I'm totally fine with that, and can only hope that either the aftermarket comes through, or a big bonus does. The world has too many toys, and I want them all.

Comment

Working...
                                X