Back in a Mustang again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in a Mustang again.

I got made an offer I couldn't refuse on my 18 Camaro SS, which left me daily driving my 93 Notch. That shit got old fast, so I was on the hunt for either an R/T Scatpack or a GT Premium. Wound up with an Oxford White 2021 GT Premium 6 speed. Holy shit is this a nice car, WAY better than the Camaro was. Only thing the camaro did better was the ungodly amounts of torque at any RPM.

Here's a few pics, I will get more when I don't need a kayak to reach my mailbox.

Very nice... Sometimes I miss my GT but I do really love my GMC truck I got last year, but my kids didn't fit in the back anymore so I had to do something more practical.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      Very nice... Sometimes I miss my GT but I do really love my GMC truck I got last year, but my kids didn't fit in the back anymore so I had to do something more practical.
      Thanks. GM has some nice trucks, my brother in law has a trail boss custom that he loves. Yeah, the back seat is there for show only on this car, but I can't say the Camaro was any better. Challenger looked passable.

The quality of the Mustang is what's so impressive to me, the lack of road noise, the thickness of the leather, the complete lack of squeaks and rattles.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        Thanks. GM has some nice trucks, my brother in law has a trail boss custom that he loves. Yeah, the back seat is there for show only on this car, but I can't say the Camaro was any better. Challenger looked passable.

The quality of the Mustang is what's so impressive to me, the lack of road noise, the thickness of the leather, the complete lack of squeaks and rattles.
        I really enjoyed my 14 GT, but if I do another new one I will absolutely end up with the performance pack. I'm tired of having to modify a daily to get what I want so I'll just do the factory options up front since by the time I finish it I end up needing something new. For the truck however, the only thing I'm doing is adding the level kit to the front and wider tires when it's time to replace them.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
          I really enjoyed my 14 GT, but if I do another new one I will absolutely end up with the performance pack. I'm tired of having to modify a daily to get what I want so I'll just do the factory options up front since by the time I finish it I end up needing something new. For the truck however, the only thing I'm doing is adding the level kit to the front and wider tires when it's time to replace them.
          I looked at the performance pack, but the extra 4K-6K price just wasn't worth it to me. In essence, you're paying $4k for some wheels, Brembo brakes and 3.73 gears.

Comment

I love the digital Dash cluster on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              I looked at the performance pack, but the extra 4K-6K price just wasn't worth it to me. In essence, you're paying $4k for some wheels, Brembo brakes and 3.73 gears.
              Exactly... stuff you (*me*) will want for the same price or less than it will cost to get it to begin with, and if you don't like the wheels buy your aftermarket and sell those to help offset the cost of the new ones.

Stevo

Comment

Don't forget the splitter, rear valance, stickier tires, dampers, rollbars, springs, and strut tower brace. It's priced comparably for what it is, and I like having stock looking wider wheels. I still ended up throwing Eibachs on it to lower it, but the PP is worth if for what it is, a wheel/tire package it's not.

Or shall I say used to like, it's on the chopping block to the highest bidder, to make room in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Don't forget the splitter, rear valance, stickier tires, dampers, rollbars, springs, and strut tower brace. It's priced comparably for what it is, and I like having stock looking wider wheels. I still ended up throwing Eibachs on it to lower it, but the PP is worth if for what it is, a wheel/tire package it's not.

Or shall I say used to like, it's on the chopping block to the highest bidder, to make room in the garage.
                  True, but none of that stuff really matters that much to me. The two things I liked about the PP1 was the rear spoiler and the two gauges, but again, not really worth the money to me.

Comment

Sweet ride!

Comment

Congrats on the new ride. It looks good.

How does the MPG compare between the Camaro and Stang?

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                        Congrats on the new ride. It looks good.

How does the MPG compare between the Camaro and Stang?
                        Thanks. Not sure yet, I will let you know once I get a few fillups on it. The camaro averaged about 20mpg in my normal driving with the lie o meter saying around 22. The mustang lie o meter is currently saying 22, so I imagine they will be pretty comparable.

Best I ever got in the camaro was 24 on a road trip to Austin, which was pretty disappointing to me since my damned Impala SS got 28 on that same trip.

Comment

Very nice. And you of course get bonus points for your transmission choice. New wheels stat. My 13 with an M6 hit 25mpg flat on a big roadtrip. It usually hit 24.5 reliably when traveling. And I've got a heavy foot.

Comment

Looks good man.

Don' want to get rid of mine, but going to. Sucks cuz I special ordered it and took about month and half to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Very nice. And you of course get bonus points for your transmission choice. New wheels stat. My 13 with an M6 hit 25mpg flat on a big roadtrip. It usually hit 24.5 reliably when traveling. And I've got a heavy foot.
                              Thanks. The only sports car I even remotely considered with an auto was the challenger scat pack. I don't care if the 10 speed is faster in the mustang, I had to have the stick. The mpg's seem pretty comparable to the SS, maybe a little better. I will give the wheels a little time, but I do prefer chrome wheels on a white car.

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                              Looks good man.

Don' want to get rid of mine, but going to. Sucks cuz I special ordered it and took about month and half to get it.
                              That's kind of how I was with the Camaro. My heart and my head were arguing. Glad my head won out, because I like the shit out of this mustang.

Comment

Working...
                              X