X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice ZR1.
    I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Saw it from the paddock. Pretty spectacular smoke show and DAMN lucky it didn't burn to the ground sitting in the grass.

<---was there testing all my work on the Girlfriend's black and pink camaro....the REALLY loud one!

Your ZR1 looked good on track and glad to see you were there tracking it! Best way to enjoy it!

you might also look at www.rpmschool.net for events at other tracks. We need car count at houston in a few weeks and would love for you to join us! It's also a great practice weekend for lemons teams!

Comment

Yes, I remember hearing that Camaro. Never been to MSR-H, but there is a reason for that. It's south of Houston and I live in DFW. Furthest place I drive nowadays for track events is TWS.

I'll try to keep an eye on that school for other track events. I'll probably take it easy through summer as I get lazy with track days when it's 95+ out. Not that much fun and it's pretty hard on the car too.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

was the guy driving the black z a young guy with black hair name adam?
          first class white trash

Comment

Didn't the '06-early '08 Z06 have oil supply issues during high g cornering?

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
              was the guy driving the black z a young guy with black hair name adam?
              No, it was an older guy, early 40's.
              Ford
              GM
              Toyota
              VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                No, it was an older guy, early 40's.
                just asking.. adam runs his z out there all the time... was lookin for a reason to give him a hard time
                first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by Rlhay2 View Post
                  Didn't the '06-early '08 Z06 have oil supply issues during high g cornering?
                  Not sure, but I am 99% sure it was a valvetrain (aftermarket cam) and/or aftermarket tuning issue that caused the engine to grenade. One reason I'm keeping my car completely stock except for better brake fluid.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

Not sure, but I am 99% sure it was a valvetrain (aftermarket cam) and/or aftermarket tuning issue that caused the engine to grenade. One reason I'm keeping my car completely stock except for better brake fluid.
                    Yes...oiling issues in general. That "dry sump" isn't a true dry sump and they are well known for blowing up on race tracks. Seen 4 or 5 myself now.

Comment

Damn scary moment. At least u came out fine
                      99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                      going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

It is amazing what goes through your head in milliseconds. I actually had that flash through my head about what to do when you hit the smoke. Days of Thunder baby. Obviously, there was no banking here, so I just tried to keep it straight, come to a stop as fast as possible, and hope for the best.

That's what I was thinking . . . for such a cliche movie both times he has to drive into a wall of smoke still gives me the heebie geebies.

Comment

TonyZ06?

Comment

Balls drop back to their standard position yet? That feeling is the worst....

Comment

Working...
                            X