305 Running rough at low idle??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 305 Running rough at low idle??

This all just started happening outta the blue. I drove it sunday morning without any problems. Tuesday I start it up and it started to run fine till i got half-way down the street and it started running rough and died. I started it back up gave it a couple of revs, cause i thought there was a hiccup or something. Started driving again and as soon as i took a turn it died again. So i started it back up, gave it some gas and it acted fine until i let off. Does not wanna run at a certain idle. I thought it might be plugs or something. But they look clean. So maybe junk in the carb? Or distributer problem?? Or maybe its because i dont have an egr valve?? Not sure my truck has an egr vavle, because i can not find one. I have an aftermarket manifold and carb. ITs the edelbrock eps intake manifold and 650cfm carb. Also have aftermarket headers. So how can i fix this?? Heres a video of what its doing just sitting in the driveway.

GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Is the exhaust very rich? Could be the carb or a misfire. Are the wires/dist in good shape?

Comment

Vacuum leak possibly?

Comment

What is funny, is that my bone stock 85 c10 was doing the exact same thing off and on. I thought it was the carb for the longest time. turned out to be a misfire due to wires arcing.

Comment

Good...Topic

Wow...That good. Thanks for sharing.
          Last edited by aektsuke; 09-05-2011, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aektsuke View Post
            wow...that good. Thanks for sharing.
            wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
              wtf?
              Gay ?

Comment

Have you noticed a change in your brake pedal?

I agree with the possibility of a vacuum leak.

Comment

Did u fix the gas leak/vacuum leak chance

Comment

Here's what you need to do..... Buy a Ford, instead of having a Ford racing steering wheel cover on your chevy truck AND stop posting Chevy chiiit on a Ford site

Comment

Originally posted by john98gt View Post
                      Here's what you need to do..... Buy a Ford, instead of having a Ford racing steering wheel cover on your chevy truck AND stop posting Chevy chiiit on a Ford site
                      Fucking newb dumb asses.....

Comment

Originally posted by john98gt View Post
                        Shut up bitch, i dont have that on there anymore and you fucking know it. This site is for everything.

Comment

Well i let it sit last night, and i started it up today and its running fine. Is puffing out blue smoke, which i know that means my seals need to be replaced.

Comment

Ahahah

Comment

Working...
                            X