guitar help inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar help inside

My wife is wanting to pick up the guitar. She played a little when she lived in India in high school, and wants to give it another try. I'm in the market for a decent learning guitar, but just in case she decides she doesn't like it, I don't want to spend a lot.
    any advice is appreciated

thanks.

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    My wife is wanting to pick up the guitar. She played a little when she lived in India in high school, and wants to give it another try. I'm in the market for a decent learning guitar, but just in case she decides she doesn't like it, I don't want to spend a lot.

thanks.
    my buddy has a speedloader that is damn near perfect for 200 bucks with tremlo. i can email you pics
    first class white trash

Comment

Buy the best you can afford. Nothing like trying to learn with a guitar that is constantly out of tune.

I learn on a harmony. You can get a decent acoustic of craigslist for a 100 bucks i bet.

Comment

Matt, hit up music go round in lewisville, its right outside the mall off roundgrove next to where the borders was. They sell used and I've gotten a lot of good deals from them. Got what would have been a $350 pair of hihats for 100 Friday night.

And x463747573736 what sleeper said, learning on a POS makes you not want to touch it.

Comment

here is the one my buddy has, it is a floyd rose i think wanted 200 for it, probally take 150
          first class white trash

Comment

epiphone les pauls play nicely for the money.
            1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post

thanks.
              Acoustic? Electric?
              2012 GT500

Comment

When I started out, I got a cheap guitar just to see if I would stick with it. Once I had most of the chords down, I bought a Martin DX1. The DX1 is a great bang for the buck acoustic. I paid $300 for it and IMO it sounds better than a lot of stuff out there.

Comment

fender squier is a decent start electric
                  May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                  Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    Acoustic? Electric?
                    Acoustic is what she learned on, from what she's told me, electric wouldn't have done her much good in the mountains of India with the electricity as iffy as it was there.

Witch would ya'll recommend learning on. I want to try to learn as well, but I couldn't carry a beat in a wheel barrel.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a squier if itll stay in tune. I've Owned a few and always went with a better tuning peg set-up.

Try and find a older guitar if you can. They are made leaps and bounds better than the new shit. Squier from the 80-90's are solid guitars. They just need better guts.

Comment

Electric or acoustic?

Get a fender lol

about 300 for a really nice one that will hold the value. Every chump wants a fender. lol

That or take her to guitar center
                        sigpic
                        The Name is Danny. I'm a GM Technician.

Comment

is there something wrong with fender instruments?

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                            is there something wrong with fender instruments?
                            Nope. They are great guitars. But everyone and their mother has one.
                            sigpic
                            The Name is Danny. I'm a GM Technician.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Red Pony View Post
                              Nope. They are great guitars. But everyone and their mother has one.
                              Says the person who owns a v6 mustang. I'm a fender shortscale guy. Some like gibsons, some like peavey and so on.

Fender has always owned the entry-level market with their strat packs.

Comment

Working...
                              X